main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT If Liam Neeson and Ewan Mcgregor came back for a spin-off, what would you want from it?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by {Quantum/MIDI}, Apr 13, 2016.

1. {Quantum/MIDI}

{Quantum/MIDI} Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2015
    Personally, I would love a buddy cop/Samurai-esque narrative.

I for one, would have it be a Kurosawa/MONSTER based movie, with modern elements of american crime and a bit of the thematic elements of the anime called: MONSTER
    [​IMG]

Just a thought, nothing major really.

whostheBossk and Huttese 101 like this.
  2. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    As long as we get an "Obi-Wan's nineteen years on Tatooine occasionally communing with Force Ghost Qui-Gon" spin-off with a well thought-out script that does not sink into major hurt/comfort or major blockbuster action, I would be fine with any other ideas for any other spin-offs. :D

3. JoshieHewls

JoshieHewls Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2013
    I'm not sure if I want a Qui Gon spin off film. I like the character and everything, but I just don't see what else could be told for him.

Now, I could go for a Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan movie. Maybe use the Kenobi book as a loose outline, throw some of his training with the voice of Qui Gon in the mix (see, we can still get Neeson involved ;) ), and we may have ourselves a winner.

4. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

I meant spin offs, with them together before TPM.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    TPM was not about him but he was still the main character and the one who carried the story. The story doesn't need to be about him, however, there is room left to explore: how he came in contact with the Force Priestesses and why, is something that comes to mind.

But considering that Ewan is not getting any younger, I don't see him playing Obi-Wan as a Padawan again. And I'm also not sure the current Lucasfilm can do the characters justice (at least the ones created by Lucas).

6. CaptainSuchandSuch

CaptainSuchandSuch Jedi Master star 2

Dec 8, 2015
    Just because of the age issue, I don't feel like a prequel to TPM would really work. But I would be very happy to see a movie set between ROTS and ANH with a middle-aged Ewan McGregor and a Force Ghost Liam Neeson.

7. {Quantum/MIDI}

Dec 21, 2015

Have you seen the actor paul walker in F&Furious?

It's interesting that he looks real, but it's just a bunch of CGI and classic movie tricks.

If they can do that, It might be possible to have Liam and Ewan looking younger.

8. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    It would be interesting to find out how Qui-Gon learnt how to become a Force Ghost from a Shaman of the Whills. Although I don't think this warrants a film - I would be happy just to see a book addressing it.

DarthAnakin96 and Ezon Pin like this.
  9. DarthAnakin96

DarthAnakin96 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 5, 2016
    If they did one pre-TPM, they could do something tying into TCW with how they both went to Mandalore and had to protect Satine, but I'd also be down with Liam appearing in a Obi-Wan movie movie between ROTS and ANH with him as a force ghost voice for part of it, teaching him how to be one with the force

El Jedi Colombiano likes this.
  10. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013

A new movie featuring CGI Phantom Menace characters? So you're saying you want to NO those people's childhoods again ;)

Personally I think it sounds fascinating, but I think we're still a long way off until the TPM/CGI taboo is lifted. In the meantime a post-ep3 Obi with force ghost Qui-gon is the best we can hope for

CaptainSuchandSuch likes this.
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    We've been here before, but please take note. Use of the word "rape" in a casual sense is never, ever okay on this site. It's not funny, it doesn't help make your point more understandable. It's simply offensive, even though that is generally unintended.

Sepra and Ezon Pin like this.
  12. AshiusX

AshiusX Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 7, 2016
    Although I would love to see an Obi-Wan and Qui Gon film about their adventures before- pre-TPM. I don't think its possible to the fact that both of the actors have visibly aged to portray young version of their characters. That said, it would be awesome to see Qui-Gon make an appearance as a force ghost in the possible upcoming solo- Obi Wan film. And he should.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Qui-Gon isn't able to show himself. He didn't complete his training.

heels1785 and Ezon Pin like this.
  14. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    What if Obi-wan found something that would bring Qui-Gon his force ghost apparition. He could try to hunt it down for his former master, kind of like Indiana Jones, as he goes on his adventure. Once he acquires the item, he takes it somewhere to someone or something like that, and Qui-Gon appears, thanking his padawan.

In doing this, Obi-wan becomes fully trained to become one with the force.

Jedi of Baker Street likes this.
  15. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    He was able to in Mortis though.

16. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Mortis is another realm beyond time and space where the Force is magnified.

AshiusX and Ezon Pin like this.
  17. fives_is_alive

fives_is_alive Jedi Knight

Jun 13, 2014
    If I remember correctly the reason Qui-Gon could show himself on Mortis is because the planet was so connected to the force. Any other normal planet he would be unable to show himself.

Edit: Alexrd answered before me, should have reloaded the page sooner! :)

18. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016
    I want to see Qui Gon Jin's first apprentice fall to the Dark Side. This was mentioned in the prequels and I've always been curious about the story behind it. I'm sure Obi-Wan could be worked in as a young-ling who steps up to be Jin's new apprentice. And as far as the Age thing, have Neeson actually play the part and just use CGI to touch him up some to make him look younger. You don't have to completely CGI the character.

19. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    I don't remember this being in the prequels. In any case, it is treated in the Legends series Jedi Apprentice and Jedi—The Dark Side.

20. Moon Labutto

Moon Labutto Jedi Knight

Mar 29, 2016

Thanks for that, I have only been recently exposed to the EU. Never knew it existed. I just started watching TCW. I'm about halfway through Season 2 and enjoying the hell out of it. Still, I think a film adaptation of Qui Gon Gin's story and the fall of his apprentice would be a fun watch.

21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    It wasn't, fortunately.

Valiowk likes this.
  22. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Impossible because of age, but how about Qui Gon finding a bacta tank wit dark plagus inside?

23. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    What if Qui-Gon fades in and out, but relays a message to Obi-wan on Tatooine.

Anything to bring back Liam Neeson as Qui-Gon. I hope to at least hear him, but a fade in, fade out would be nice too.

I hope this gets made. I wonder if Ewan McGregor has any say in bringing Qui-Gon back, if he agrees to do a film or trilogy. I think two films should be enough.

I hope he meets a young Luke Skywalker.

AshiusX likes this.
  24. Celidore

Celidore Jedi Knight star 3

May 2, 2015
    I'd love to see a post-ROTS Kenobi spin-off where Qui-Gon appears to Obi-Wan as Force ghost. I don't know why Disney didn't consider a Kenobi movie yet, it would be awesome and much more interesting than Boba Fett movie!

whostheBossk and AshiusX like this.