main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If Luke bit the big Burrito who would you like to see lead the Jedi.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sabrajaguar, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Their is only one Jedi who has the juce to pull it. Corran Horn (Ducks for cover)

Realy! Corrans resume is choked full of heroic deeds,and Wise nuggets of advice. Think about it!

Corran can keep Mirax and take Mara Jade as his honerwife. (Ducks flying brick)

Corrand the man with the plan. who else has taken out a higher ranking vong or bought the time to evacuate and entier planet.

2. Ebonn101

Ebonn101 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2002
    I would say maybe Kam Solusar or Mara. Kam's got the experience as the oldest Jedi alive, and Mara is very powerful and knowledgable as the wife of Luke.

3. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

As much as like Corran Horn, he hasn't the experience to lead the Jedi. I think if Luke bought the farm there would be a power vaccuum and a struggle between Kyp's camp and those loyal to Luke- with Mara Jade leading the charge. In the end, I think leadership would fall on several people, most notably Mara, Corran, Kam & Tionne Solusar, and Cilghal.

4. Ebonn101

Jan 4, 2002
    Tionnes not strong enough. She barely has any force power at all. Cilghal makes sense tho.

5. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    LUKE WILL NOT DIE!

excuse the capitals :)

6. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i would either pick corran or kyp. Both very spiffy(my word of the day) jedi.

7. Ebonn101

Jan 4, 2002
    As much as i HATE to say this i really wouldnt be surprised to see Luke martyred.

8. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Concidering how damn perfect Corran has to be at EVERYTHING, he would probably be the best man for the job. He'd probably have achieved omnipotence within a week. Prior to having all the Vong High Priestesses throw themselves at his feet, Whistler using some ludicrous CorSec package to decipher the the Supreme Overlord's grand plan & discovering that Yoda was in fact wrong all along, & that HIS way is the only way to go, naturally.

9. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I agree with Kier Nimmion. It would probably be a mixture of the ones most loyal to look who have the strongest power in the force. But you know Ol'Kyp will want to throw his hat in....just to keep things interesting.

10. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I'd say either Corran or Kam, with Kam having the slight edge due to experience.

11. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Terranix

I belive you mean Captain Janeway of the U.S.S Voyager. Corran has never been writen as omnipotent. He's not even a telekinetic! Hes just good at what he does. Like Wolvarine

Mara as second in command.

kyp durronleft in the cold yet again. Boya! Kyp. Boya!

12. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    I'd like to see a Jedi Council-like body running things. It could have:
    Kam
    Mara
    Corran
    Tionne
    Kyp

And some other people.

~Miss Jaina

13. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

What has one's relative Force power have to do with leading? None, that I can see. Tionne is an excellent choice for leadership since, aside from not have a mean bone her body, she has a certain quiet wisdom which serves her well. Plus, I can't think of anyone else who would be less likely to be swayed to the Dark Side. She is solid and dependable, just because she can't flip a star destroyer out of orbit is irellevant.

14. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Without Luke, the Jedi would fall apart if a single person tried to take his place. Kyp, Tionne & Kam would probably all work together. I don't think that Cilghal, being a healer, would necessarily be a great leader, but Streen might be a helpful choice, as might Keyan and Hamner or whatever his name is. Corran and Kyle don't really strike me as leaders.

15. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Luke has never been the only hope.

The logical choice to ensure the survival of the Jedi is Leia Solo, also known as The Other Hope.

The only other reasonable choices - Kam Solusar or Kyle Katarn. The only two with as much experience as Luke.

16. Carbz

Carbz Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2002
    the jedi order would split under several different leaders

17. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    The logical choice to ensure the survival of the Jedi is Leia Solo, also known as The Other Hope.

The Jedi have already been renewed, and Leia's not REALLY among their ranks. So into politics she barely had time for family let alone Jedi training, there's no way she could just come traipsing in and lead them. Maybe if she'd abandoned politics and trained with the Jedi from the beginning.

The only other reasonable choices - Kam Solusar or Kyle Katarn. The only two with as much experience as Luke.

Kam, yes. Kyle, no. Experience means nothing without leadership ability. Kyle is very clearly not a "team player." He's at his best working alone.

18. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Mastadge...
    "The Jedi have already been renewed, and Leia's not REALLY among their ranks."

I disagree (but, I admit - a discussion for another time). The Jedi have not been renewed. The New Jedi have been created, and thankfully Leia not being among the ranks of Mara Jade is proof positive that Leia may still be a Jedi and not one of these so-called "New Jedi." When the time comes for the Jedi to be renewed and not bastardized, then Leia is the perfect choice as she was both Yoda and Obi-Wan's choice.

So, if Luke bites it, then Leia is free to renew the Jedi. Well, Leia is free to renew the Jedi even if he doesn't - but it's just harder when Luke's playing with his New Jedi.

"So into politics she barely had time for family let alone Jedi training..."

She's basically had about as much time as Mara Jade has had (galavanting around the galaxy as smuggler, etc.), and Jade's now mysteriously a New Jedi Master. Leia easily surpasses the level that Mara's at even with barely any training at all. She's saved both a Jedi Master and defeated Palpatine as a Jedi.

"...there's no way she could just come traipsing in and lead them. Maybe if she'd abandoned politics and trained with the Jedi from the beginning."

I think she's about the only one everyone respects. Unfortunately, with her VP (and later) tirades against Kyp's faction, that respect has been eroded somewhat, though.

"Kam, yes. Kyle, no. Experience means nothing without leadership ability. Kyle is very clearly not a "team player." He's at his best working alone."

I disagree. Kyle was never at his best working alone. In fact, he's requested to work with key members he respects. Kyle's learned not to count on those he doesn't trust and to count on those he can.

As for Kyle being a leader. Remember, he was trained to be a leader. In fact, out of all of those thus far except Leia, he's actually the only one with any formal leadership training - which he received at one of the finest institutions for that sort of thing.

19. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    She's basically had about as much time as Mara Jade has had (galavanting around the galaxy as smuggler, etc.), and Jade's now mysteriously a New Jedi Master. Leia easily surpasses the level that Mara's at even with barely any training at all. She's saved both a Jedi Master and defeated Palpatine as a Jedi.

I agree and I disagree. For years, Mara was portrayed as pretty weak in the Force, from her creation in '91 to probably '98 or so. Then, suddenly, kaboom, she's a Master. I don't like it, and I don't understand it. (BTW, I am a Mara fan, I just think her character was misused in many places) However, I see no evidence that "Leia easily surpasses the level that Mara's at." Maybe in raw power, although it's been shown that lack of use causes Force power to sort of atrophy.

20. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Maybe we look at the Master title wrong. Maybe it isn't so much a measure of Force Power or ability. Maybe it's more a measure of you reaching your own potential in the force. No one ever Said Mara is "stronger" than anyone.. She just may have reached her own personal full force potential. Or at least reached a mastery of her own force potential. I would think Someone Like Anakin Skywalker was much more powerful as a Padawan than some masters out there. So Mara Could be still "pretty Weak" in the force and still become a master after a bit of time.

Leia, Kam, Mara, or Corran would be my votes. (Leia only if she becomes a full Jedi, not the tiptoey one she is now)

21. Mastadge

Jun 4, 1999
    I know it doesn't have to do with raw strength, but when was her training?

In her youth she learned a few basics from Palps. When he died these atrophied, but she gained them back under Luke's tuition. Immediately after she got such a high rank in the smugglers alliance, she left in the sake of a plot device, sought out Katarn, learned all she could from him. At this pointed she was well-trusted by everyone. Then, she went briefly to the Jedi Academy, realized it wasn't her style. Then she spent a few years sleeping with Lando. Then, by the time of Corellian trilogy (which was really written before most of the stuff that takes place chronologically earlier), she's suddenly the object of distrust, and she's back amongst the smugglers, instead of doing the Jedi thing, which seems to continue on and off until Hand of Thrawn. Suddenly, a few years later, she's surpassed many of the others who should by all rights be more advanced than her, and is some kind of ultra-wise, ultra-powerful Jedi Master....

Go figure....

22. Terranix

Terranix Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2001
    Can't say I know who Captain Janeway is, so...

No, he can't use telekinesis, but he makes up for it by being able to make an entire city-full of people see a 25 foot Jedi emerging from an exploding warehouse.

The making a Star Destroyer crew think they see the Sun Crusher & a Super Star Destroyer gunning for them was also crass, surpassed only by Dorsk 81 batting a task force out of system.

The only time Corran EVER shows any weakness is when the latest high-powered, sassy female is making eyes at him. He inevitably does the philosophy thing & makes a suitably long-winded & morally-correct decision. That, & at the end of I, Jedi, when he realised Luke didn't really need him there. Surprsing, concidering they'd had Corran kicking his arse at the praxeum.

I'm with Ghengis. I think if it was going to be anyone, it would be Leia.

23. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    I'd LIKE to see Leia lead the Jedi, being a descendant of the CHOSEN ONE and a SKYWALKER. Realistically, however, i dont think that Luke is going to die

24. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I agree with a lot of people. I don't think Luke will die, but he may retire. I think Anakin Solo is perfect to take over after Luke. He has almost as much Force potential as Luke. I think Anakin will take over.

25. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    I think Anakin's day to lead will come. However, he's still very much inexperienced and has a lot to learn. I think he'll learn a whole lot from his SbS experiences, which will put him in a much better position to lead in the future when he needs to take on that role. But, it's still a role that's probably at a minimum 10 years off or so in Anakin's life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.