main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST IF Luke is killed by someone... who?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Dec 20, 2015.

?

IF Luke is killed by someonein Episode 8 or Episode9... who should do the deed?

1. Supreme Leader Snoke

42.6%
  2. Kylo Ren

19.7%
  3. Dark-Side Rey

15.3%
  4. (Someone Else)

22.4%
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    If Luke is killed by someone in Episode 8 or Episode 9... who should do the deed?

2. LastJediKnight

LastJediKnight Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 19, 2015
    I don't think he should be killed tbh. Han's story had pretty much come to an end and was disposable as a character in order to put heat back into the story. Luke on the other hand can work behind the scenes as basically an excavator of Jedi/Sith history in order for them to successfully bring the star wars to an end.

3. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    I disagree. I wanted more Han. I wanted to see him interact with the Big Three plus Lando more.

I wanted to see more about his relationship with Leia and their son.There was a lot we could have seen.

As for Luke dying. It would be a pathetic end. His grand successes of the OT seemed to have been washed away by failure, apathy and idleness.

4. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I personally don't think he will die. At least not in battle. They already murdered one of the OT 3, it would come off as lazy because it was already done with Han. I think if Luke appears as a force ghost, it will be at the end of IX after he sacrifices himself to accomplish some great feat with his force powers, I don't want him to die fighting Snoke.

Dak Oolron and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  5. Tyrian

Tyrian Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 5, 2000

What if Rey killed Luke to prevent Kylo from doing it, for noble reasons to prevent Kylo sinking all the way to the dark side by finishing his ultimate act/plan etc

(Just like Snape killing Dumbledore)

Allana_Rey likes this.
  6. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    *If* he die, Luke will get a Yoda death. I don't think he'll be in any combat role in the ST.

7. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Rey will give him the same death as any Jedi, a funeral pyre, just as Qui-Gon and Anakin Skywalker....However, he could go the Obi-wan route and just vanish while in a lightsaber fight with Snoke/Kylo.

I would be happier with the first one, but it would be ok if the second one happened. It will be one of those two, I just know it.

8. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I actually want Kylo to be the one- IF it happens.

Solo-Skywalker likes this.
  9. TheFett18

TheFett18 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    Lol at kylo killing Luke. He's a pathetic wannabe weakling and going that route would forever taint the character of Luke Skywalker and the original trilogy. Kylo Ren will
    Be killed by "Snoke" as soon as snoke is done with him. If he dies my guess would be the Yoda route so he can be a force ghost the rest of the movies.

10. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    Luke's death would have more impact in the grand scheme of things than Han's, because he's the sole surviving Jedi master (that we're aware of). I personally don't think that they're going to knock off two major iconic heroes in this trilogy, but who knows.

It would make the most sense to me if Ben killed him, but only if he was a lot more powerful. It was clear in TFA that he's 1) struggling to convince himself that he's evil and 2) still has a ton to learn about the Force.

And when I say a lot more powerful, I meant a LOT lol... Snoke clearly fears Luke, which says something.

11. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    Chewbacca should have a rage fit and kill Luke, Lea kills Chewie and Kylo kills Lea, Rey kills Kylo, Snoke kills Rey, AND FINN BECOMES A JEDI, KILLS SNOKE AND ALL THE OTHER KOR, AND WE HAVE A BA JEDI CHARACTER FOR THE SEQUELS WHO DOESN'T LOOK AWKWARD SWINGING A LIGHTSABER.
    #finnforthewin

12. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    You know what. For awhile I thought Luke would die at the end of Episode 9. However now that he was not in Episode 7 at all and because it appears he is also going to go on a personal journey moving forward I think it would be a mistake to kill him until Episode 10, 11 and 12.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  13. Ord'ika

Ord'ika Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    Michael Arndt has come out since the movie about the making of the script - saying that Luke was so hard to write in to the story because his powers basically killed the story - implying that he is much more powerful than anyone in the story *at that time*. So I am not really sure if he will be able to be killed. It looks like Rey is crazy force sensitive, so maybe in a reverse-Vader moment she kills Luke, and then realizes what shes done and comes back to the light, or its in a full rage and she finally turns to the dark side. Just speculating, but from the first movie only she seems to be the only one with the potential power to kill Luke.

14. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Luke will probably not be in any combat scenes at all in this trilogy, so I don't think anyone will kill him. He'll most likely be given a Yoda-esque death if this is the case.

However, if Luke DOES get into a combat scene in this trilogy (against all odds), he'll definitely be given a self-sacrifical death scene (Ben Kenobi style).

Either way, he'll still show up as a Force ghost.

15. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015

Oh, I'm sorry. I hadn't realized some people have seen it already! :rolleyes:

On another note- I'm hoping they let Kylo completely embrace his powers and finish whatever training he has left with Snoke and come back in the next episode a formidable power. I want to see what Anakin would've been like had he been able to continue on, to see the raw power of the dark side. I hope they let Adam Driver portray that.

Kara Starbuck and Big Boss like this.
  16. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015

Just from a promotional standpoint- I don't think they'll make Rey turn that far away from the light. Especially being she's really the only female character that participates fully in combats, you know what I mean? I think that's why they've played up Gwendoline Christie, to allow her some spotlight as a chick baddie.

Also, just another reason Kylo has to come back and kick her ass so that it establishes someone willing to go that far. People already hate him as it is. I don't know what it would say in the SW universe to have one character eliminate two of the biggest in the entire universe, though. So it's unlikely.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Ord'ika

Ord'ika Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015

I agree, most likely she will not be the one to kill him, unless they have a lot more guts concerning her character than we think they do. I just meant based on the visual evidence we see in the film, she's really the only one that shows the potential at this point. Who knows, maybe one of the baddies comes out as more powerful in the next movie, we shall see.

18. Ruffmeian

Dec 19, 2015
    ^
    I gotcha! Maybe he doesn't have to die?! I feel like people are gonna be unsatisfied if he lives and if he dies, lol. Just the way of the universe!

19. Friendslayer889

Friendslayer889 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 15, 2015
    Snoke almost crapped himself when Luke came up in their conversation. He knows that Luke is the only one that can take him down. The opening crawl even states that the First order was able to expand due to Luke disappearing, as if he was the one that kept the entire imperial remnants at bay.
    And for Kylo killing Luke thats not going to happen, even Rey is stronger in the force than Kylo and i assume that luke is massively more powerful than Rey is.

If Luke dies he goes the Obi-Wan way protecting Rey. If this happens i sure hope that he gives them hell before dying and dont just stand there like Obi did.

20. Ord'ika

Ord'ika Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015

Very true, I personally will be happy for both if he lives or dies, as long as it serves the story. I would lean towards him paralleling Yoda in this new series, and having a peaceful death, but thats just me speculating.

Ruffmeian likes this.
  21. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012
    That is the problem with the ST. It should not be OT 2.0. More Han, Luke and Leia means less time for the others. Plus if they have some kind of character shield, then there is no tension because we know they will always be fine.
    PT: Qui-Gon dies, Mace Windu dies (not a main character though) and Anakin Skywalker dies (sort of)
    OT: Obi-Wan dies, Yoda dies, Anakin Skywalker dies (again)
    ST: Han dies... so who's left?

22. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    Considering it's been 30 years since we last saw the Big Three and Lando I'd say we deserved to see more of them. Han Solo was the best part of TFA

23. DarthHavok

DarthHavok Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2002
    Yea I agree with you. I think they did it right. I think they needed to have the Big 3 in a way to pass the torch onto Rey, Finn and Poe. I liked that. That being said, I don't think Luke NEEDS to die in Episode VIII. I have a feeling that it will happen in Episode IX.

24. BoromirsFan

May 16, 2010
    I don't mind them passing on the torch but not in a manner like TFA. Leia is barely in it and Han's role wasn't that big itself.

I hope we get a full movie worth of screen time from them in an upcoming film, like Qui-Gon in TPM. It's sad we didn't get more of him, but I was satisfied with what I did see.

25. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Lol at the people calling Kylo Ren a weakling. He showed force powers never seen in the other movies. He was shot in the stomach with a bowcaster and still challenged two people to a fight. Is he arrogant and doesn't know when to give up? Yes, obviously. He will be a monster in the next movie. If anyone kills Luke it will be Kylo. His character would be the one to benefit the most from it. No need to have Snoke kill Luke, he is already playing the master of the darkside as well as controlling the whole First Order.