main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IF Luke Skywalker was killed off......

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Jedi_LS, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Jedi_LS

Master_Jedi_LS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2009
    Not a bad Idea....

There is a reason he is written to be as powerful as he is. He is the son of the chosen one. GL said that Anakin wasn't able to reach his full potential but maybe the son could. Anakin was supposed to be more powerful then any other Sith or Jedi ever to live and now Luke is becoming that person instead of Anakin.

The problem is, is how do you write a character that is meant to be so powerful. You can't always have a big bad sith that is at his level for him to deal with. What they need to do is change his roll s little bit. Give him more of a roll like Yoda. Yoda new he was the most powerful Jedi in the order at the time but he still stayed at the temple and lit his students take care of his orders. Maybe Jaina is being set up to take his place somewhat . The force did name her sword of the Jedi. Or Ben, I think I would prefer it to be Ben.

2. NewStaryknight

NewStaryknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2007
    If he did that how could he find time to become a force ghost and talk to Cade in Legacy?

3. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    He's a ghost, he can multitask! ;)

Plus it would be a spiritual struggle, a contest of willpower, just because we don't see Luke's ghost physically struggling doesn't mean he isn't keeping some great threat at bay with his strength of mind.

It would be a task only Luke can do, only he has the willpower to struggle against and hold back a darkness for all time without giving in to it.

4. TuskenTommy

TuskenTommy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2006
    Can't Luke just fight The One Sith & win? Meaning he & his Jedi destroy all of em? It's only a comic book right? :p

--point 1.0-CURIOUS- Has The Maker himself changed his statement on EU Luke? He once said Luke "WILL-NOT" be killed off..

-point 2.0--With Luke gone wouldn't the sales drop down to only the hardcore readers(like us here) are buying the $20 hardcovers? Dead Luke loses them money. Simple economics eh.. If there was gonna be a re-launch, or a do-over then i'd be ok with it.

-THE Luke experiment/test--Send Luke & maybe Han & Leia too, off on Outbound Flight 2.0..Off to Vong galaxy & leave them absent for a 7-9 book series etc & see how the sales are..If they are mediocre then they know that Luke Skywalker is STar Wars. I wasn't this huge Luke fan i am today. NJO made me the Luke bodyguard. & Legacy m ade me a Leia fan.

5. DarthDragon164

DarthDragon164 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    He should definitely go out Ganner style. He should purposely spring a trap and fight a zillion bad guys while Ben or whom ever else can sneak in and complete the objective...

...or die like that.

6. Ashandarei

Ashandarei Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 21, 2004
    I'm still pulling for all of Legacy to be Krayt hallucinating while he's in prison or dying after being trounced by Luke.

7. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    --point 1.0-CURIOUS- Has The Maker himself changed his statement on EU Luke? He once said Luke "WILL-NOT" be killed off..

I don't think that's changed. If someone does kill him off, it'll probably be GL writing it himself or at least line-editing like he did for the ROTS novel.

8. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008

,,I don't think that's changed. If someone does kill him off, it'll probably be GL writing it himself or at least line-editing like he did for the ROTS novel.,,

In that case he has too take sw history classes too understand what happened too the character after the Battle of Endor.

9. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    How very small-minded. At least you're honest about your less-than-stellar qualities and shameful faults. [face_laugh]

As for Luke, I don't think his death should ever be written. It will never be satisfactory for, you know, people who actually enjoy Star Wars.

Or for those who don't and only like to see it treated as a joke. No matter how it goes down only a very, very small percentage would find it acceptable.

If they did decide to put it to print I would prefer, like many others, for Matthew Stover to author it.

10. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    I like Keralys' idea with the whole disappear but they hear stuff about him, but I had the idea that he and Ben just go to Zonoma Sekot, and Luke lives the rest of his life there, the last thing he sees of his son being the Sekotian ship taking off into the distance. The planet could just wander around, and Luke would go with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.