PT If Mace had survived?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RKORadio, Dec 17, 2012.

Moderators: Bazinga'd
  1. RKORadio Jedi Padawan

If Mace had survived - lets' say he manages to slow/cushion his fall and managed to get off-world, what would he have been able to do?
    Could he have jump started the Galactic Civil War earlier?
  2. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    I doubt it. Vader and stormtroopers would've been all over him like flies on...uh, stuff...the second he surfaced.
  3. Trask Ulgo Jedi Master

star 3
    I bet he would have contacted Yoda and/or Obi-Wan.
  4. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    How? He has no idea where they are.
  5. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    He'd know Yoda's on Kashyyyk, and Obi-Wan's on Utapau, at that moment he hits the ground, at least. Narrowing it down afterward would be a bit harder, especially after Order 66.
  6. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Yeah, don't think he'd be able to. Yoda vanishes after Coruscant.

If the Empire seemingly can't find him, I doubt Mace would either.
  7. Iron_lord Chosen One

star 6
    Yoda did go straight to Coruscant after Kashyyyk, before attempting to take down Palpatine. Depending on how battered he was, a living Mace might go into hiding in the depths of Coruscant, miss the whole thing, and only hear about it afterward.
    DarthBoba likes this.
  8. Sistros Force Ghost

star 6
    exactly what darth boba said

contribution to thread complete :p
    DarthBoba likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Force-jump back through the window, open a one-handed can of whoop-ass on Anakin, and retcon the OT?
  10. Frankakin skywalker Jedi Master

star 1
    OH MY GOSH WE SHARE THE SAME MYSTERY I HAVE BEEN THINKING THAT TOO. No-one knows! It is possible he could go into hiding, or he would have been killed by his fall or clone troopers on Courscant. I think he would fall in a car/hovercraft-whatever-it-is like Anakin did in AOTC.
  11. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    He would be able to do NOTHING. Yoda couldn't do anything, Ob Wan couldn't, how could Mace?
  12. TheMadHatter Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    because to some he's a bad mother (helper)
  13. janstett Force Ghost

star 3
    They were co-Jedi masters and best buds for decades, at least (assuming Mace is human and has a human lifespan). Mace was #2 Jedi. I'm sure they had plenty of intimate conversations about their lives and dreams... Think Shawshank Redemption.
  14. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    So Yoda and Mace spend the OT sanding and repainting a sailboat? :p
    DarthRelaxus and bibfortuitous like this.
  15. Skelter Jedi Master

star 1
    I think Mace could have survived. Hell if Vader can survive what he went through in Mustafar, Mace holding on to a speeder shouldn't be that hard..I doubt he did. Lucas said he is dead, and thats that..purple saber be damned.
    Last edited by Skelter, Dec 22, 2012
  16. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    I'm pretty sure he was dead before the fall. You know, the torrent of lightning that Sidious hit him with?
  17. Skelter Jedi Master

star 1
    Well, Sidious lightning didnt kill luke right of the bat, so I dont know..guess we will never know..is not like in star wars people die when they are supposed to die..look at Vader.
  18. Sitara Force Ghost

star 3
    Yes, but Sidious was only torturing Luke slowly. The lightning was only a trickle. In ROTS Sidious unleashed a full scale lightning storm on poor Windu, and flung him away only when he stopped screaming, so either he was dead or knocked out. Since Tyranus knocked out Anakin in ATOC with only a short burst of lightning, I think Sidious killed Mace with lightning and then threw out his corpse.
  19. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    Didn't the population think Mace had attempted to kill the beloved Chancellor? If so, I bet he would have been killed by citizens when he landed after the fall.
  20. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

There is a chance he could have made his escape, just as Yoda did, after he tried to kill the "beloved Emperor".
  21. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Hide from the Empire. Make his way to the corporate sector where he would be comfortable. Wasn't it already forming reasonable quickly, like around the end of Episode three, just weeks after his big fall? Maybe even as Palpatine was being arrested?
  22. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

Why would you assume that Mace would be comfortable in the corporate sector?
  23. KilroyMcFadden Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    lol I hear they have couches there.
    Last edited by KilroyMcFadden, Dec 25, 2012
    DarthRelaxus likes this.
  24. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4

Sorry. Don't get it.
  25. Joe Force Ghost

star 6
    It was a joke based on his mis-interpretation of your use of the word 'comfort' to mean physical comfort, and then he responded to this by claiming that couches, something very comfortable, were there.

It was quite humorous.
    Last edited by Joe Antonetti, Dec 26, 2012
    Arawn_Fenn likes this.
Moderators: Bazinga'd