If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy (Week 2, Daily Task 1)

Discussion in 'Big Brother Strikes Back' started by JediPrincessKas, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincessKas Force Ghost

star 5
    Yep, you read right. When my mom isn't happy, no one will be happy. But I guess that's the way it is down here. :p Anyway, see, my mom and I are really close, and always have been. So, my earliest childhood memory involves an injury, getting blamed for something I really didn't do, and making my mom upset all in one day! Yep, I bet that was fun...

It was beautiful day outside. The sky was blue, and birds were singing their little songs. I don't remember exactly how old I was at the the time. Anywho, my friend Jennifer (from across the street) and I were out on the sidewalk riding our bikes. You know, this was an Air Force Base, so it wasn't uncommon to see all the little kids running around playing. :) Anyway, back to the story. See, while riding our bikes, we weren't allowed to go past a certain house. We were always warned that if we did, we would get in big trouble. And none of us wanted that. :eek:

We had been outside riding up and down the sidewalks, to the designated house and back again. Over and over and over again. Ya know, after a while, this get kind of boring. But I was content, because I didn't want to get in trouble. O:) All of a sudden, Jennifer came up with this brilliant idea (or at least she thought so). "Let's go ride past that house!", she said. See, since Jennifer was a wee bit older than I, she thought that I would go along with anything she did, or any idea she had. And I usually did. But for some reason, this didn't seem like such a bright idea. Being the little sheep that I was though (hey, I haven't changed much since then), I went along. We rode our bikes, and came to the house of no return...and kept on riding. Weeeeee! We had ridden past the house we weren't supposed to! What a feeling of freedom and independence! :D Well, we rode a few houses down, and decided that we had gone far enough, that it was time to turn around.

OOPS! :eek: While turning around, I tipped over and fell off of the bike and skinned my leg. :( And it hurt! :_| I looked up to see Jennifer, looking behind her on her bike, asking if I was ok. I told her I was, and to help me get up so I could get back on the bike and go back to a "safe zone". Nooooo. Instead, she said she was going to get my mom (since I was hurt). NOOOOO! I really don't know why I didn't just get up myself and ride (or heck, even walk) to another house where I should have been. But I didn't. A few minutes later, Jennifer and my mom come back, and Jennifer was blaming this on me! "Mrs. [insert my last name here], I TOLD her not to ride past there, but she wouldn't listen!" :eek: That little backstabber! :mad: Well, my mom comes up to me and helps me up. She dusts off my scrapes and makes sure that I am ok. Then Jennifer announced that she was going home, and left. Then my mom and I walked back to our house. Longest. Walk. Ever.

So even to this day, I still hate upsetting, or disapointing my mom. Not just because of that particular incident, but just because her and I are so close. Since I'm the oldest child, she expects a lot out of me. But hey, I'm not complaining. I don't let her down that often. ;) :D

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my earliest memory. Well, the earliest memory that I have and can remember most of the details of. Fun, huh? :p
  2. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Oooo...my mom was one of those "starers" as well. She didn't yell or carry on, she just gave you that "look" and you knew you were in for it. :eek:

Nice story. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.