main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy (Week 2, Daily Task 1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by JediPrincessKas, May 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yep, you read right. When my mom isn't happy, no one will be happy. But I guess that's the way it is down here. :p Anyway, see, my mom and I are really close, and always have been. So, my earliest childhood memory involves an injury, getting blamed for something I really didn't do, and making my mom upset all in one day! Yep, I bet that was fun...

It was beautiful day outside. The sky was blue, and birds were singing their little songs. I don't remember exactly how old I was at the the time. Anywho, my friend Jennifer (from across the street) and I were out on the sidewalk riding our bikes. You know, this was an Air Force Base, so it wasn't uncommon to see all the little kids running around playing. :) Anyway, back to the story. See, while riding our bikes, we weren't allowed to go past a certain house. We were always warned that if we did, we would get in big trouble. And none of us wanted that. :eek:

We had been outside riding up and down the sidewalks, to the designated house and back again. Over and over and over again. Ya know, after a while, this get kind of boring. But I was content, because I didn't want to get in trouble. O:) All of a sudden, Jennifer came up with this brilliant idea (or at least she thought so). "Let's go ride past that house!", she said. See, since Jennifer was a wee bit older than I, she thought that I would go along with anything she did, or any idea she had. And I usually did. But for some reason, this didn't seem like such a bright idea. Being the little sheep that I was though (hey, I haven't changed much since then), I went along. We rode our bikes, and came to the house of no return...and kept on riding. Weeeeee! We had ridden past the house we weren't supposed to! What a feeling of freedom and independence! :D Well, we rode a few houses down, and decided that we had gone far enough, that it was time to turn around.

OOPS! :eek: While turning around, I tipped over and fell off of the bike and skinned my leg. :( And it hurt! :_| I looked up to see Jennifer, looking behind her on her bike, asking if I was ok. I told her I was, and to help me get up so I could get back on the bike and go back to a "safe zone". Nooooo. Instead, she said she was going to get my mom (since I was hurt). NOOOOO! I really don't know why I didn't just get up myself and ride (or heck, even walk) to another house where I should have been. But I didn't. A few minutes later, Jennifer and my mom come back, and Jennifer was blaming this on me! "Mrs. [insert my last name here], I TOLD her not to ride past there, but she wouldn't listen!" :eek: That little backstabber! :mad: Well, my mom comes up to me and helps me up. She dusts off my scrapes and makes sure that I am ok. Then Jennifer announced that she was going home, and left. Then my mom and I walked back to our house. Longest. Walk. Ever.

So even to this day, I still hate upsetting, or disapointing my mom. Not just because of that particular incident, but just because her and I are so close. Since I'm the oldest child, she expects a lot out of me. But hey, I'm not complaining. I don't let her down that often. ;) :D

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is my earliest memory. Well, the earliest memory that I have and can remember most of the details of. Fun, huh? :p

2. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Oooo...my mom was one of those "starers" as well. She didn't yell or carry on, she just gave you that "look" and you knew you were in for it. :eek:

Nice story. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.