main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST If one of the main female characters was an Alien.......

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by StarWarsFan91, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So far in the films, we have never gotten a main character that was an alien and also female, I am hoping that will change in the coming future for Episode 7.

If this did happen, what alien species would you want her to be?

Personally I would like to see a return of the Clawdite (think of Zam Wesell from AToC). A twi'lek I think is another good idea (gives a species that the audience is familiar with).

Miras-Etrin likes this.
  2. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    People love twi'leks, so I would begin there. Then again, Rebels already did. :)

Miras-Etrin, Juke Skywalker and Ryus like this.
  3. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    While I love Twi'lekks and they are by far the most attractive alien species, I would love to see something different.
    With the advances in animatronics and Mo-cap, I could see a gorgious Quarren or MonCal. A Clawdite would be way too Mystique, if you get my meaning.
    I could also see a Sullustan lady, imagine all that lipstick[face_laugh]

4. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I think the reason we haven't seen it is that George wanted his audience to be able to connect with/relate to/sympathize with the characters as much as possible, and that's much easier with human characters than alien characters.

That said, if it were to happen, I agree that Twi'leks are a good starting point.

5. terobi

terobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2014
    Gwendoline Christie as Saba Sebatyne....

6. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yes - I agree. There's not been a real alien looking female character (in terms of associated screen time). So yes, I'd like to see one of the main characters be an alien looking female.

7. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Gwen as Chewie's daughter and Daisy's sidekick

thejeditraitor and Sarge like this.
  8. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    New alien, please...so tired of Twi-Leks, to be honest. They're like everywhere, it's sickening. Make Galaxy bigger, not smaller!

9. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Gwen does have experience with prosthetics, so they could go the alien route with her. But I just adore her so I hope she isn't completely buried and unrecognizable. I'd be good with her or Lupita playing a more subtle alien, if you will, like a Zabrak.

10. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    "New alien, please...so tired of Twi-Leks, to be honest. They're like everywhere, it's sickening. Make Galaxy bigger, not smaller!"

How about Gwendoline as a female chiss?

Dak Oolron and Miras-Etrin like this.
  11. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    Bothan. We need to see a bothan............and more Bob's

12. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Gwendoline... As an Ewok :p

13. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    As much as I want to see the classic Star Wars alien species, I hope JJ and Co. aren't afraid to trot out some new ones. The problem is that by now it's all been done, and coming up with new original and iconic species is tough. I mean, Bob's okay and all, but he does look like he just stumbled in from The Dark Crystal.

If one of the female leads is alien, I'd like to see them go for something humanoid; Like Maul and Ventress. Nothing too outrageous or busy.

14. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    [face_shame_on_you] don't you blaspheme in here. Bob is [​IMG]

15. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Totally! We need to see a lot of "Bobs". They should visit the Bob planet :D

T-R- likes this.
  16. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Gwendoline could make an amazing physically imposing alien character. Paint her green and give her hooves and antlers... :p

She'll look fantastic what ever they do with her.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    How about a Togruta? There were only two that I recall seeing in the films, Shaak Ti and the Jedi youngling Ashla. It would be nice to see one in a major role, and the females of that species are arguably just as attractive as Twi'leks. Shaak Ti was definitely one of my favorite Jedi characters from the PT, despite the fact that we barely saw her onscreen. She just looks so cool!

And no, I'm not suggesting that Ahsoka Tano appear in the films. A new character, please.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Good. :p

19. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Perhaps some time in the past I think that would have been a good option for a star wars film. But we have gotten 5 seasons of material with a main character being a Togruta, so I would prefer something else in Episode 7.

Dak Oolron and Sarge like this.
  20. Jamie1001

Jamie1001 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

Gwendoline Christie appeared in prosthetics as a main character in two series of a show called Wizards Vs. Aliens, so im sure she would be comfortable with it. A female Zabrak would be cool to see but a new specie would be just as good, if not better!

21. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    Zabraks are to human looking though.

I would want an alien that although could have similarities to humans, still has enough visible alien characteristics (so more then just a different skin color and some horns). That is one of the things I do like about the Twi'leks. Even though they have an appearance similar to humans, they still have a very visible alien one as well (different skin colors, two large lekku's, practically no body hair, females have ear "cones", etc).

Dak Oolron likes this.
  22. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    [face_rofl]

23. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    I'm confident that someone from the announced cast is going to be alien. Maybe Lupita or Gwendoline?

24. Vehgah

Vehgah Jedi Knight star 4

May 8, 2014
    Twi'leks are usually the race they fall on.

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no twileks. they're everywhere. new species please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.