main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If only Chewbacca had repaired Threepio earlier!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Siths_Revenge, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Then they would have discovered that the Imperials were at Bespin, and could have left.

Sure, the Falcon was still be repaired, but, Piett says that the Imperial's dismantled the hyperdrive, so maybe the Falcon would have been fixed?

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    They would never have been tortured, Luke would have never had that vision, finished his training properly and confronted Vader and the Emperor some other time as a fully-trained (... well, that's debatable) Jedi Knight with the Force as his ally, probably saving himself a lot of pain and suffering

would have made for a pretty boring movie, though :p

3. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I wonder if Vader would have been angered by this since it was his own stupidty to let Stormtroopers run lose in Bespin?

4. 4LOM

4LOM Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2004
    Vader and company arrived right before Han and company did. I think if Threepio had gotten the word out and Han and the gang had bolted, Vader's men would have pursued them. And the Executor would have been nearby to snare the Falcon (the only thing that kept them from being captured at the end was Artoo's last-minute repair, and at this point Han and the gang don't have Artoo with them).

The question now is, why did Vader wait so long to make his move. They could have ambushed the heroes as they walked into the city with Lando, or stormed the apartment suite they were staying in.

5. Siths_Revenge

Jul 27, 2004
    I think Vader wanted to lure Han into a false sense of security. Notice when Lando greets Han he has a team of Bespin guards with him. It was my understanding that Lando could have captured Han there, but decided to wait for awhile.

6. Darth_Seer

Darth_Seer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2004
    "The question now is, why did Vader wait so long to make his move. They could have ambushed the heroes as they walked into the city with Lando, or stormed the apartment suite they were staying in. "

Alas, that would have made a very boring Cloud City scene...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.