main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If Palpatine was not a Sith, then what??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by WitchKing66, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    ^ Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha=D=

Emporer Gerner Dark Lord of the Sith

2. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    I wonder how powerful he would be if he were found by the Jedi at birth.

3. Blu-Bladed-Jedi

Blu-Bladed-Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    No....he wouldnt even have tried to be a politician...

4. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Yeah, if he wasn't a Sith Lord he would have been competing for "Death Stick Selling" turf with Sleezbagano.

Carnage

5. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    you are missing the point;;;

u cannot change one parameter (he is not a sith) and say mace and posse come to arrest him and he throw a pen ....

if palpy was not a Sith Lord, there would not be Mace and Posse coming to arrest him...... because he did not tell Anakin that he is a Sith Lord (b/c he is not) and he couldnt care less about Anakin. So Mace and Yoda cannot do anything to him, sence he is the constitutional head of state and cannot be touched .... and ofcourse he can give Order 66 at anytime ....

On another point: i mentioned in another thread about sidious in ROTS; its true that maniuplation and mind trick en masse is Sidious's lore, however when we see ROTJ we see a wizard-emperor that unleashes Lightning .... in ROTS, yeah he use Force Jump, Force Grab, lightning and fought with sword as ancient Sith would. that being said, all of the above ^^^ mention has been shown before in OT-PT, even Dooku does lightining (which to this day i beilive is a mistake in AOTC). so when we see sidious unleashing the DarkSide of Force, simply put i did not see it, because movies are saturated with them. i still think that ROTS should have shown some really great power of the dark side ....

before i saw the trailer of ROTS, in my head i had an idea ==> at one point after Sidious is revealed as the Sith Lord, he will use the force to crush the Jedi Temple looking from his office; toppling the pillars of the great temple making it collapse on itsself. i was really hoping to see something like this

anyways...

6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    If Palpatine wasn't a sith and tried to accomplish the same goals, ignoring the fact that the presence of a sith was essential in several instances, he would still fail miserably as the darkside would not be around him to cloud the ability of the jedi to use the force allowing Yoda and others to see what he is intending to do and stop him.

It would simply be

Palpatine (thinking): *I'm going to order a clone army and use it to destroy the Jedi.*
    Yoda: OH NO YOU DI'INT!

7. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    This is a PT Forum topic. Sending it there.

8. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Nothing would have happened, had Palpatine not been a Sith. He wouldn't have been able to hide his plans from the Jedi, he wouldn't have been able to beat Yoda and Mace, he wouldn't have been able to turn Anakin.

Only the Force and his use of it allowed him to take over so much power. He hid his dealings from the Jedi using the Dark Side- it is continually mentioned how the Dark Side is clouding things. He might have made it to Senator without being a Sith, but he would never have been able to be elected Chancellor- and stay that way, without being a Sith.

Not to mention that Separatists would have done away with him before then, had he not been a Sith. The only reason they worked for him was because he was a Sith. Otherwise, the Clone Wars would not have happened- nor the blockade of Naboo- nor anything else.

Essentially, there would be no movie if Palpatine were not a Sith.

9. Tachikoma-Kun

Tachikoma-Kun Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2005
    If he had no forcepowers I still think he would have been able to become the emperor. Most of his tricks and plans require no forcepowers, just intelligence and art of manipulation. And influence ofcourse. I think Palps would have gotten far even without is Sith powers. He is cunning and intelligent, able to read people and situations, turn things to his advantage. Able to make black look white..Really, these are the qualities that many modernday leaders have as well (and past leaders). And they didn't need the darkside to gain power. I mean how do you think real life dictators rise? Do they need the force to become powerfull? Ofcourse not. They need charisma and intelligence, influence and really the same things Palps has as a humanbeing. So in short, I believe that a man like Palpatine could have risen to be the Emperor even without his Sith abilities. He simply would have orchestrated the whole thing differently. And maybe the Empire would have been different as well then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.