main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

IF Qui Gon is in Ep 3?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by JMaster Luke, Apr 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I was wondering. IF qui gon is in episode 3 (not that i know he's in episode 3 or not, and if you do know dont tell us. this is just a what if) That means that the neelson actor would dress up as a jedi and get a beared and all. So if he is in episode 3 i wonder if George Lucas would take advantage of this situation and get neelson to record a scene for TPM with dooku.

I always wanted to see Dooku in TPM and having qui gon record a new scene with dooku for TPM would be awsome. Something hinting that dooku is displeased with the way things are run in the republic. And maybe qui gon agreeing with him, seeing as how dooku tells obi wan that qui gon would of followed dooku. THat must mean that dooku knows what qui gons views were on how the republic is run.

so IF qui gon is in episode 3, would you like lucas to take advantage of that situation and get the actor to record a scene for TPM?

2. BothofUs

BothofUs Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    As long as Dooku is not at Qui-Gon's funeral, I wouldn't mind a meaningful scene at the Jedi-Temple or something.

3. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    whats so wrong at having dooku at qui gons funeral....if anything thats the best spot to put dooku.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    If he was at Qui-Gon's funeral then it would contradict the line in AOTC where Dooku says that Obi-Wan and he have never met. Honestly people how many times must we go over this?

5. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    Just because Dooku is at the funeral doesn't mean he'll be meeting obi wan. I've been to funerals before and i didn't go around meeting everyone. Even if they are family.

Dooku could of stay away from everyone on purpess cuz he'd blame the Jedi. He could of said a word to yoda about he's disappointed in the jedi or whatever. But just cuz he's at the funeral doesn't mean he'd meet Obi wan.

6. Azhrei

Azhrei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    Uh, yes, it would.

Qui-Gon's funeral was a rather small, private one, attended by the Queen and some of her advisors, members of the Jedi Council who knew Qui-Gon, Jar-Jar and Boss Nass, Palpatine, and of course, Anakin and Obi-Wan. No doubt Obi-Wan would've wondered who the bearded one glaring at the Jedi was.

And there is a bust of Dooku that he stares at in the Jedi Archives in Attack of the Clones... so we can assume that though he's never met him, he knows what he looks like. And even if he didn't, why wouldn't Yoda or any of the other Jedi introduce Qui-Gon's old master, to his apprentice?

Think about it logically. It just doesn't work.

7. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    "And there is a bust of Dooku that he stares at in the Jedi Archives in Attack of the Clones... so we can assume that though he's never met him, he knows what he looks like."

ok this contridicts what you said. In order for obi wan to know what dooku looks like that means he'd had to have seen Dooku before. So if dooku was at the funeral obi wan could of seen him and known what dooku looks like.

Obi doesn't have to talk to him. You think obi wan went around after the funeral and talked to everyone?

And when the funerals over (off screne) obi wan could just ask yoda who that man was. "qui gons master he was" therefor obi would know what dooku looks like, but yet they still would of never met.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a way to fit dooku in the funeral scene.

8. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    If this thread is about putting Dooku in Episode I then it's redundant and will be locked.

9. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    my main question is, do you think lucas will/or should take advantage of recording a scene with qui gon, IF qui gon is in episode 3 (so if he's in episode 3 lucas could use the actor and squeeze in a scene for TPM)

a scene that would also have dooku. Possibly after obi wan and qui gon talk at the jedi temple, when obi says "you'd be on the council if...."

then maybe the could show qui gon alone walking through the hall ways (with random jedi in background) then dooku is there. They say a few nice words and let the audience know that dooku was qui gons master...then they get into dooku talking about how he's dissapointed in the republic.

10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    "And there is a bust of Dooku that he stares at in the Jedi Archives in Attack of the Clones... so we can assume that though he's never met him, he knows what he looks like."

ok this contridicts what you said. In order for obi wan to know what dooku looks like that means he'd had to have seen Dooku before. So if dooku was at the funeral obi wan could of seen him and known what dooku looks like.

Obi doesn't have to talk to him. You think obi wan went around after the funeral and talked to everyone?

And when the funerals over (off screne) obi wan could just ask yoda who that man was. "qui gons master he was" therefor obi would know what dooku looks like, but yet they still would of never met.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a way to fit dooku in the funeral scene.

You're also forgetting something else:

Dooku was one of the greatest Jedi Masters to have ever lived, in the time prior to his departure. Obi-Wan would have almost certainly seen him from afar, either in person, or in Temple holos depicting/recording his exploits.

The guy was a near-legend, and Jocasta Nu's dialogue in AOTC makes it clear that him leaving was a major bodyblow for the Jedi order. Further, Dooku makes it clear that he and Qui-Gon had often conversed with one another about Obi-Wan, his master showering him with effusive praise. Dooku certainly knew Kenobi, and would have undoubtedly approached him in person, were he attending the funeral.

Getting back to the main thrust of the thread's subject, though...watch Episode III. You'll have your answer then. Qui-Gon's hand plays a more far-reaching role in steering the events of the Original Trilogy than anyone has ever suspected.

11. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    if he were in 3 he would probably be cut down by Anakin, Dooku, or Palpatine....he would be cool in ep III but he wouldnt last to long in my opinion i dont have much faith in master Qui Gon

12. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    I'm not saying if qui gon was in ep. 3 (as in never died in TPM but lived through till episode 3. ) I'm saying if qui gon comes back as a ghost (and again if you know dont tell us. this is a what if)

And as for dooku going to talk to obi wan at the funeral.... he wouldn't have to go up to him. After all dooku is there for qui gon. He is dissapointed in the jedi order (the order obi wan is in) So i dont think Dooku is in a mood to go around talking to the jedi at the funeral. It'd be beliable for dooku to attend out of respect for qui gon.

13. Azhrei

Azhrei Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 5, 2004
    And there is a bust of Dooku that he stares at in the Jedi Archives in Attack of the Clones... so we can assume that though he's never met him, he knows what he looks like.

"ok this contridicts what you said. In order for obi wan to know what dooku looks like that means he'd had to have seen Dooku before. So if dooku was at the funeral obi wan could of seen him and known what dooku looks like.

it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a way to fit dooku in the funeral scene."

Um, no, I don't contradict myself. Look carefully at my post - "And there is a bust of Dooku that he stares at in the Jedi Archives in Attack of the Clones... so we can assume that though he's never met him, he knows what he looks like."

As I said, he doesn't have to have met him to know what he looks like, because there is a bust of his head in the archives.

14. JMaster Luke

May 7, 2000
    i musta read it wrong.

but this scene could work. cuz since obi wan 'knows what dooku looks like'. He could of for the first time 'seen' dooku at the funeral, but at first not know it was dooku. Then after the funeral when dooku alreadly leaves, obi wan could ask yoda who the man was. THEN obi wan would know what dooku looks like.

So when he sees Dookus statue in the libary he'll know its dooku cuz he would have seen him before (at the funeral)

but back on topic. Would any like to see a scene of Qui Gon and Dooku talking about the situation of the republic? Get a taste of dookus displeasure in the republic? This way we'll more understand him in Episode 2.

15. Jedi-Master_Sledge

Jedi-Master_Sledge Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2005
    My only Beef with the whole Obi, Qui-Gon, and Dooku is that the line is "A pity our paths have never crossed before." To me, paths crossing would mean even being in the same room. There are alot of people I have never spoken too that I have crossed paths with.

Now onto the part of Qui gon in epIII. If he is, or was, or will be, I belive Lucas would pull him in for something he has in mind. If he wants a Dooku/qui-gon/council scene, he will make one. Remember, in the shooting of epII, he filmed a scene for episode III, so he didn't have to go back to the desert for the production. Thats all I have to say about that.

Jedi-Master_Sledge

16. Luke_Landwalker

Luke_Landwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 26, 2005
    I think it would be better instead of having Dooku in TPM just have Qui Gon mention something about him. Like in the sceen when Ob1 ask's QG why dosent lysten to the jedi counsal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.