main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY If Qui Gon Survived ...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Inno-Vader, Jul 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I'd like to brainstorm a bit with you guys if I might.

If Qui Gon and Obi Wan had survived their encounter with Maul on Naboo (not saying Maul died) what would be different?

DOES Anakin get trained in the Jedi arts?

I mean, if the dynamic duo of Obi Wan and Anakin never happened, what happens to Obi Wan? Perceived as a lesser Jedi perhaps?

Would Dooku have Qui Gon's support ... and even Obi Wan's support if Qui Gon agreed to help the Count?

Would the three turn bad, overthrow Sidious, kill the lesser of the three and then work on Anakin?

I think Anakin would be trained by Qui Gon, alienating Obi Wan who would become resentful of Anakin's abilities. Obi Wan would then become Dooku's target to turn as he already has jealousy. It would then pan out that Obi Wan and Dooku attempt to overtake Sidious. Eventually they would eliminate him and the power struggle would begin anew between the two of them.

Obi Wan would be sent, as a test, to kill Qui Gon. Obi Wan would win, then, be forced to fight Anakin in the presence of Dooku. Anakin would make quick work of Obi Wan (since Obi Wan wouldn't have trained Anakin and know all of Anakin's tricks). He would then exchange words with Dooku and ...

win or lose?

I know what I think.

What do YOU think??!!

Chris

END TRANSMISSION

2. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Hello. all interesting thoughts but we first must start form the right place. First of all Darth mauls species do not have any vital organs in the lower half and so the reattachment surgary was a snap. Second a light saber wound does not blead because of the heat. Mauls blade did not hit Qui gons heard and so it did not kill him. But it did put im in the baca fluid for a long time. I belive after the Near death experience he went into a monistary

Now on to your questions.
    Finding anakin was the will of the force(acctualy Darth Plagus but that is spliting hairs) and it would have happend no matter what.

I agree that qui gon may have seen some truth in Duku but the cloud of the dark side would have made him feel un-easy.

I think ObiWan was too much of a goody goody to get jelouse of Anakin. If things got bad he would he just gone for a Pint or 20 and drown his thoughts.

I for got all the rest of the questions............

3. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    Plaguies didn't create Anakin IMO. :D

4. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    What do you mean "if Qui-Gon survived"? He's fine. FINE.

Sheesh.

5. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    We were all waiting for that, Triss. [face_laugh]

6. Inno-Vader

Inno-Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    He still should have vanished though.

But hey, who had the last laugh? WHO??!! That's right.

not Qui Gon

hehe

Christopher

END TRANSMISSION

7. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    No, he shouldn't have. He didn't die.

There is actually some info about the disappearing thing, and how Qui-Gon learned to be immortal, in the current Insider. For those of you who persist in this whole thinking he's dead silliness...

8. Grand_Moff_Stallion

Grand_Moff_Stallion Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 13, 2005
    Of course he's not dead.

How else would he have been able to train Batman?

9. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  10. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    How else would he have been able to train Batman?

Exactly. And trained him well!

11. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    Had they both killed Darth Maul, Obi-Wan probably wouldn't have gotten an automatic promotion to Jedi Knight, but perhaps would have been given a chance to do the trials. Qui Gon would have been a better teacher for Anakin than Obi-Wan Kenobi, as Qui Gon seemed more demonstrative of his feelings, and was not a strictly "by the book" Jedi, like Kenobi was. Plus, Anakin probably would have felt more at ease to talk to Qui Gon about Padme.

Still, if things were going to well, we'd only have 3 movies in all likelihood :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.