main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST If Skywalker returns, the new Jedi will rise.

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Motterman, Dec 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IronMant

IronMant Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    As redeeming as that would be... I don't think Disney has any interest in letting the original cast be heroes anymore. It's all about their Disney Princess now, and she is going to achieve more in this trilogy than the entire prequel and original trilogy cast of characters ever did combined.

2. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    ^Oh this nonsense again, here we go. Yeah no, it takes A LOT more bending over backwards and jumping through mental hoops to argue that they WON'T be than to argue that they WILL!! Yeah, Luke might not take down Snoke single-handidley, because it's not his story anymore.

But that doesn't mean that he won't get important stuff to do. Oh and I thought that Disney were just a bunch of "OT lovers" who weren't interested in anything else? So, which is it people?

3. Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren

Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 31, 2015

Is great that you can see the future, maybe you're the New Jedi

4. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Han Solo was pretty heroic in TFA.

5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    He was. Shot a lot of troopers, snuck onto the Starkiller via an insane piece of piloting, and placed explosives which led to its destruction.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  6. Dr_Cthulhu

Dr_Cthulhu Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2015
    Yes. And confronting his son despite the danger was also a brave thing, and arguably the finest moment of the film.

I also think a clash with Snoke is inevitable, with Rey taking on Kylo again and/or the other Knights of Ren. The question is whether we see it in the next film or in the finale. I hope it's the latter, as the second act in a story is usually downbeat and that could mean Luke falls in battle..

Sarge and whostheBossk like this.
  7. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    nope, no way after he was not in TFA. [face_not_talking]

KSkywalker and AmySolo like this.
  8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Disney princess"? Really?

Yeah, I guess women shouldn't be allowed to be the lead without being called names...

AmySolo, Kyra_Rey-Kylo_Ren and Colm like this.
  9. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I have no doubts Luke will perish by Kylo or Snoke in the next film. If these films are going to rhyme, then we will see Luke as a force ghost in Episode IX.

10. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

You do know that if Lucas had made these movies, the new characters would be the ones to save the day and not the OT heroes? That means that Rey, in whatever form Lucas had intended, would still be the one to take on both Kylo Ren and Snoke. Lucas even told Hamill that back when ANH was being made.

Ezon Pin likes this.
  11. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015

Boooo!! [face_bleh]

whostheBossk and AmySolo like this.
  12. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000

*BUMP*

I thought I had posted this a while back. Cool to see that the title of Episode VIII has spurned additional discussion like this...

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    You're right, the title for Ep8 has brought this discussion back into focus. However, it is a topic more fitting to discuss in the The Last Jedi & IX forum (or the New Films - No Spoilers Allowed forum), so I'm locking this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.