main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If Speilburg directed ROTJ...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Katana_Geldar, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    ...would we have a better movie?

i read in Empire Building that Seilburg was going to direct ROTJ but GL had left the directors guild so he couldn't

but if he did direct, would we have a better movie?

all i like about ROTJ is the dagobah scenes, the scene between luke and leia and the scenes between luke, vader and palpy

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    The directing of ROTJ didn't bother me. The throne room scenes are quite breathtaking.

I think my main problem with ROTJ, and I don't really have a problem with it, is the script. Unless Spielberg made Kasdan and Lucas re-write it, I don't think ROTJ would have turned out much better.

3. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    What is that Artoo?

you think Speilburg should have directed ROTJ? No?

TAW> Richard did a good job, he convinced GL to do Yoda's death scene actually. but perhaps speilburg could have convinced GL to do other things too.

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I don't think ArrTwoDeeTwo is going to be around here much longer. He's posting the same stuff in every thread.

I heard that GL did the throne room scenes aswell. If that is true, Marquand didn't do much at all. The space battle rocked though, and as far as I know, Marquand did that.

5. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Perhaps Speilberg could have got Carrie Fisher to look a little less wooden throughout the film, and maybe Han Solo wouldn't have come across so cheesy. Besides that I love the film ;)

6. yebu

yebu Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2003
    speaking off cheese

anybody ever noticed the standard endor rebel ground troops looked pretty cool and all our heros had were trench coat/poncho with camoflage sprayed on them

never liked that
    oh and the ewkos sucked too

7. Mysterious_Assassin

Mysterious_Assassin Jedi Master

Aug 4, 2003
    I agree with previous posters, the problem was the script, not the direction.

Get rid of the Ewoks, sort out the cheesy dialogue between Luke and Leia, and the film would improve 100%.

Personally I like the look of ROTJ, it's just those darned Ewoks, and the "Luke, run away, far away..."etc.

8. IKilledSifo-Dyas

IKilledSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 2

Aug 6, 2003
    While were on the subject of what's wrong with ROTJ,there has always been something that's bothered me that I've never heard discussed before.Everbody sounds different.Darth Vader's voice sounds too low and deep.I remember seeing it on opening day with my brother.After Vader's opening line "You may dispence with the pleasantries Comander...",my brother and I both looked at each other like "What's up with his voice?".Compare it with the way it sounds in Empire and you'll see what I mean(then again,Vader sounds different in every movie,but still).Also,Leia'a voice has an annoying,slight rasp to it.(Like she became a heavy smoker after Empire).The biggest one is R2-D2.His beeps and whisles are very high pitched and sound nothing like him (It sounds like Beb Burt accidently hit the faders on his board and boosted all the treble on R2 and never noticed).

9. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    Carrie Fisher did have problems with smoking, drugs, alchohol, etc. during the years she worked on Star Wars. So you are correct in assuming that the rasp in her voice was due, at least in part, to smoking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.