main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT if the next Trilogy is going to be great, then they have to learn form the errors in the prequels??

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by StarWars2015, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    In essence the powers that be making the next trilogy of SW films would do well not to repeat the many mistakes of the Prequels.

1.) No silly aliens placed for humor relief....NO CLUMSY GUNGANS

2.) NO USELESS cannon fodder battle droids.

3.) No whiney kids blowing up battle stations yelling yippeeeeeee !

4.) No wooden acting.........or screenplay that insults 12 year olds.

5.) Noone should say " I hate sand, it gets everywhere" ever again

6.) Any lovestory should follow Han/Leia example, not Anakin/Padme.

7.) Use CGI wisely, give the actors space to create the scene, don't constrict talent

8.) Give us a real definition of the Force that wipes out Q-gons example in TPM

9.) Make us care about the characters, a big problem with the prequels is we don't give a damn about the Republic, or the Separtist or the monk Jedi & their insane devoid of feelings lifestyle. In order to enjoythe story we must have a attachment to the cast

10.) No clones whatsoever...............no longneck Mars aliens growing humans. Make us feel the pain of the main players (humans)

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    Oh yeah.....least I forget.......THE STORY MUST BE ENGAGEING UNLIKE THE FIRST 2 HOURS OF AOTC & it must make sense !!

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Oh, another PT hating thread.

Lock please?

4. KilroyMcFadden

KilroyMcFadden Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    So many new people hating on the PT. I wonder what gives them the impression that most people hate the PT?

Heero_Yuy likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I wonder what gives anyone the impression that an opinion's validity is formed by what "most people" think?

I've asked this question multiple times as well as questions about why so-called "critical acclaim," i.e. again some stranger's opinion, is supposed to matter in how we form our own opinions. The chirping crickets in response are always amusing.

Andy Wylde, lbr789, Samnz and 4 others like this.
  6. GODLIKE

GODLIKE Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2012
    They are not good movies (other than ROTS) im sorry but this is a fact deal with it. Bad movies that get a lots of hype and high expectations are gonna hated on

7. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    No, that is an opinion.

Andy Wylde, Seagoat, lbr789 and 7 others like this.
  8. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Somebody call the WAAAmbulance! It's an emergency!

9. Sistros

Sistros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 24, 2010
    as someone who is pretty "PT neutral"

although I like AOTC

even I am getting sick of these "lets bash the PT" with the same old tired reasons.

If you are going to harp on and on about wht the PT is crap, at least say something original

or go and complain in another thread.

10. Jedi_Ford_Prefect

Jedi_Ford_Prefect Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2003
    Isn't this forum supposed to be for "fans" of the PT? The preponderance of short-lived, immature threads that do nothing but complain about these movies is really getting to be enough. I thought "The Hobbit" and most of the LOTR movies were overrated crap, but I don't go onto LOTR forums and complain about them.

11. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Can we cut these trolls loose from this forum? The way a lot of these newcomers post is very unintelligent in the vein of IMDB. Not all of them of course, but users who keep making anti-PT threads when we have plenty already. Its fine to dislike the PT, but we don't need a new thread about it every 24 hours.

Or is there any way to make the RULES more noticeable so they think before they make these troll spam threads?

The TC has made many of these useless threads before. Have you not learned your lesson yet?

--------------------------------------
    and this:

"The bits of Jedi and the Prequel Trilogy aimed at children sucked. Feel free to be in denial about that."

is nothing more than another opinion.

12. FARK2005

FARK2005 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah, because the internet is such a reliable tool for determining the size or extend of a specific attitude. Have you ever heard of the multiple accounts? For all we know the PT-haters could consist of relatively little, but very loud group of people who have this peculiar (and very rude) need to exalt their opinion by degrading that of others.

13. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    INDEED!

Andy Wylde, BoromirsFan and Samnz like this.
  14. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    It's really hard to believe how much 10+ year old fantasy movies have hurt some people.
    I feel sad for them. They just can't let go and enjoy life.

Andy Wylde, BoromirsFan and Cryogenic like this.
  15. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    This thread does not belong in here, it belongs in Episode VII/Beyond...
    and since there are plenty of others just like it, I'm locking.

~Forum Regulars: I am in the process of fixing the PT-Index Thread which has been out of date for years. Once updated with your most popular AND our most redundant topics, we should see less clutter.

Valairy Scot and BoromirsFan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.