main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST If the ST story was created by George Lucas, will the ST be an original plot or like ep. 1-6?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Blazer-Smith, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    What is McCallum thinking in that moment?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  2. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    "This is an unmitigated disaster. Maybe I should say something... Nah."

3. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I love what Lucas said: "I may have gone too far."

TX-20 likes this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think the ST will have Elements of the PT and the OT with an Abrams style and flare ....

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Agreed, that doc was fantastic and something I've revisited a few times since release unlike the subsequent behind the scenes documentaries which feel too rehearsed, filled with smoke blowing and very much like something created just to hype up the promo this one had a real feeling of genuineness. I very much doubt we'll see one with the same honesty and in the same vein as this.

Immortiss, Vohnkar and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    At this stage, I'm getting postmodern vibes and I don't like that sort of thing. What else can you glean from 'young and (semi) isolated person on a desert planet', 'cyborg hand' and 'Darth Vader's helmet' other than postmodern?

7. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

I see what you did there ;)

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    well, according to Abrams he is going to tone down the lens flares in Star Wars I forgot where I read that? But actually I completely did that by accident I didn't even put two and two together by flare I just meant he has a flare for making Great, Beautiful, Blockbusters, not his lens flares, I loved Super 8 and the Two Trek films, I haven't seen Mission Impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

9. SgtTimBob

SgtTimBob Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 5, 2014

I'm not opposed to the idea of naturally occurring lens flares, as those are a consequence of light coming through a lens at a certain angle. It's when you start getting into the world of digitally adding fake lens flares, to make something look flashy and 'cool' that I start to have problems. If you want to put a bit of a flare into a particular shot, you better speak to the DP and get him and the gaffer to make it happen optically.

10. Cartoon Boba

Cartoon Boba Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    What - do we have promotional videos about promotional videos now?! o_O

11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Yeah, because Star Wars has never done digital lense flare before....oh...wait...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. JeffZero

JeffZero Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2014
    I really love lens flare, but sometimes I feel like admitting to that is dangerous business or something. Maybe JJ went a touch overboard with Trek 2009, but mostly I dig it, and I think Into Darkness toned it back a bit.

I like it in Mass Effect and, of course, Star Wars, too. It just really works with space opera.

EviL_eLF likes this.
  13. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001
    Hopefully they'll be as little Lucas input in this film and eps 8 and 9 as possible. I'll stick with David Faraci's version if pre-production events which was that JJ hated the Arndt script, which was based on the ep 7 outline Lucas spent a year working in before cashing out. And then of course Disney let JJ and Kasdan write their own story.

propeller and CoolyFett like this.
  14. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    I hope Disney can emulate Lucas's vision for the first six movies these next three movies must not have any flaws.

15. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hopefully the new Disney stuff is nothing like the main 6 movies, and they create a universe of things and concepts fans NEVER saw before in a Star Wars film. Really hoping the fans who have never seen Star Wars loves it and makes the Disney Trilogy their own. Hope they sell alot of Kylo Ren action figures.

GregMcP likes this.
  16. JeffZero

JeffZero Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2014
    This is interesting and I haven't heard it before. But my only experience with Faraci is very recent and it isn't positive. He's said a few things lately re: the state of Star Trek 3, and very little seems to have lined up properly. Fellow Trekkies are generally skeptical of his claims now and there's a lot of "Faraci has never had uber-special sources, you're all just now realizing that?" posting going on over at TrekBBS.

Maybe it's a fluke, though? He seems to have a considerable following.

17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I don't think Abrams does a lot of Digital Lens Flares, I saw on one of the Star Trek Making of Documentaries that Abrams when on a live physical set just has production crews hold up this foil like material up to the side of the camera, off camera, and then you flash an actual light at the foil and there you have it ! And for the record i am not opposed to lens flares when they are not over used, they were even used in the Star Wars OT .....

18. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    ILM did quite a bit of digital lense flare for him in the first star trek. All the shots of the enterprise etc in space are digital, and several have lense flare.

19. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Whats a lense flare? Why do so many fan fear, hate and suffer from them? I dont understand.

20. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Lens flares are one of those things I never noticed until someone pointed it out to me, but even then I just didn't care enough about them.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    evil eLF Yea The ones in space are Digital, I said that In my post, but the ones on set, and there were a lot of lens flares on set, were Practical Effect and that goes for Super 8 as well.

22. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    "Jar Jar is going to be a STAR!"

23. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    All I know is that as long as their are major SW characters around, there will be stories to tell. SW didn't end with episode 6 like some want to believe it did. Luke alone is enough to warrant new SW films based on his character and the return of the Jedi order. If they choose to go that route. But SW primary focus revolves around the force, Jedi and Sith. Those are the main elements of all SW movies. Take those elements out of it and what do you have? Not much. Those elements help carry the other elements of the SW universe. Not that anything else is bad or anything, but for movie purposes the force and the Jedi/Sith is what makes SW movies really stand out. These new films will most certainly focus on the force for sure. I see the Jedi re-emerging and the dark Jedi/inquisitors will be in place of the Sith or try bringing the Sith order back. Just my take on things.

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    It's great to see that in no way, shape or form does Lucasfilm/Disney hope the fans forget about the PT.

http://theforce.net/story/front/Celebration_Anaheim_To_Feature_3D_Prequel_Screenings_161765.asp

Also, I hope they stick with Lucas's broad story outlines and steer clear from anything like remaking STAR WARS or ignoring the prior narrative structure. I want the ST to be recognizable. That's what the choice of Abrams seems to have been about and I don't mind that Abrams wanted to be involved from the very beginning by re-writing with Mr. Kasdan.

25. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    So what do we know of Lucas's involvement with the ST to this point? Treatments,storyboards, outlines?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.