main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If there is a God, then why is there evil and suffering?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    What have I learned about you. You like crack jokes about people.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Link? Name of the clinic? Doctor? When did this happen?

3. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    What mushrooms did you take first? I think that disclosure is important and shows integrity on your behalf.

No I think it's adorable that you had such a vivid hallucination; tell me, why do people get a pass for 'meeting god' but labelled insane for meeting aliens?

You didn't see god, you had a vision of something you wanted to be god. I didn't see Superman either. In short, tou cannot see that which is not real.

5. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    When was someone labeled insane for meeting aliens?

Never heard that one.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    lol wow I totally missed this when skimming the thread. Amazing.

7. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Immerse dont skim. :p

8. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Did you just google "abortion clinic shooting?" Did you even read that page you just linked?

Doesn't say anything about a man with a rifle being constrained... got an actual news article?

9. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    But nationalism produces evil for exactly the same reason religion does, Lee. It's a blind obedience to an ideal that's above reproach in the mind of the devotee, and it compels people to vanquish anything that challenges or opposes the higher ideal - some bearded jackass called "god" or, the State.

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I don't do drugs, don't smoke don't drink. and no mushrooms were involved.

sorry but I'm done if you think I do drugs.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Or he thinks you're crazy. I certainly do, no offense. But we're all a little bit crazy anyway.

Frank T. likes this.
  12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Since God doesn't exist, it is impossible for you to have seen him. Therefore, what you saw was something else. That you attribute your vision to being God is merely a byproduct of the indoctrination you underwent as a child in order to brainwash you into believing about some magical sky fairy.

13. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    There are other explanations for what Falcon is experiencing than doing drugs. Two are very serious and these visions should be considered symptoms to take to a doctor. I'm talking about either a brain tumor or temporal lobe epilepsy, which, by the way, Vincent Van Gogh suffered from.

14. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    No offense taken

I remember it happening in 93 or 94 and I remember it was in the winter in december. I don't have a clipping because I was 14 years old. My mind might be a little fuzzy on the details. I'm telling the truth.

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I recommend telling your story to somebody, other than the church... like, try a psychologist.

For the record, I don't think you're on drugs... I think you've experienced vivid hallucinations and nightmares, and turned to somebody who would use your experience to influence you into believing something that may not be true.

How about that news article? I mean, if a man with a rifle was constrained at an abortion clinic, surely it was reported.

Where did it happen?

16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Falcon, no one doubts that you are telling the truth about what you experienced. But, when people see visions like this, they really need to be evaluated medically as there may be some serious medical issues involved, like I mentioned in my post just above.

Darth-Ghost and Darth_Invidious like this.
  17. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    You know what's more likely than drugs or mental illness? Making things up.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  18. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Brain tumors and temporal lobe epilepsy are not mental illnesses. They are physical illnesses.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  19. Darth Guy

Aug 16, 2002
    Okay, I'll grant that a brain tumor is definitely the most likely explanation.

20. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    She said it's been this way since she was four years old... brain tumors tend to get noticed after a while. Like, I don't think she would have grown into adulthood without a brain tumor being detected, or without it, you know, killing her.

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    [face_plain] I'm done

There is one thing I don't do is lie. I've been told over and over again that I'm a very honest person.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So where was this near shooting?

23. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Jul 31, 2002
    Not if it's benign and slow-growing. Temporal lobe epilepsy is not life-threatening, it just makes life difficult.

24. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Oh I agree with you Ender. My response was directed at Timmo, who seems to think that only religion is capable of having zombie adherents.

25. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    Or double check the carbon monoxide detectors in the house. CO is known for creating paranormal hallucinations.