main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If there is one SW game you wish they'd make, what is it?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth Valkyrus, Sep 10, 2013.

1. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    What you say is sadly true. Many franchises that have been known for their immersion, complexity and authenticity are lowering themselves to pander to the "casual" gamer. Latest in the line of those disappointments is Rome 2, which is basically a moronic arcade hack-and-slash with ten thousand men at it's current stage. Everything that made that series worth playing is gone (they're calling it "streamlined" now). "Tactics" consist of Select All --> Attack --> Win.
    This weird idea that "mobile gaming" can somehow compete in quality with PC gaming is not helping either.

That being said, I don't think that means we're not getting any complex titles ever again. Just like everything, even this stupid phase of dumbing down games and "streamlining" and pandering to casual/mobile "gamers" will eventually pass. It may not happen in a year or five, but someday it will. That's just how things go. We started at Mario-like games, we ended up there again, somehow. The cycle will start all over again and I'm pretty sure that at one point we'll get an X-Wing game we deserve ;)

HWK-290 likes this.
  2. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    You intentionally sent me to tvtropes, you are now officially on my "You suck" list. [face_not_talking]
    Honestly, do you know how many links I clicked before I even realized what the hell I was doing?!

3. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
  4. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    KOTOR 3, single player. I couldn't care less for TOR personally.
    New Jedi Knight.
    Republic Commando sequel.
    Conclusion to TFU 2.

5. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    New X-wing/TIE Fighter entry, please - and no, I don't mean a dumbed-down flight sim-wannabe like the Rogue Squadron series. Not only with new tech, but with some new fighter types - entries from the EU, prequels, or the sequels. Another entry in the Jedi Knight series would be my second pick.

TKT and HWK-290 like this.
  6. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
  7. HWK-290

HWK-290 Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 29, 2013
    THEN YOU ARE LOST!

8. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Don't worry TIE Fighter fans.

We'll just mod the hell out of Star Citizen.

9. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    microsoft should just do a digital classic release of kotor 1 and 2 but with some additional patch updates and maybe a hd remix

10. Vespasian

Vespasian Jedi Master star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    1. Republic Commando sequel: a "New Republic Commando" set right before Episode VII, as a sort of game prequel.

2. New Star Wars RTS. Empire at War became a little boring after a while, but I'd like to see a new strategy game!

3. I would have loved to see a KotOR 3 a few years ago, but my interest in that era has been dimmed. I know a lot of people really like The Old Republic, but I just don't get that game.

4. I'm not very hopeful about a TFU 3, the second game was kinda mediocre (except for the awesome soundtrack), but they should conclude the story with a book or a comic book.

5. But my very personal wish: a new podracing game. Star Wars: Racer was awesome!

Life likes this.
  11. Ordo N-11

Ordo N-11 Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2013
    1. Boba Fett: Bounty Hunter.
    2. New Empire at War games: Republic at War, Galactic Alliance at War, maybe the Old Republic at War?
    3. New Republic Commando or Imperial Commando.

12. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    SW Battlefront 32