Saga IF there was another live action movie made, what would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Loupgarou, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. Loupgarou Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I see this different than the existing thread on live action film because this isn't a 'will there' be thread at all. I assume there won't be, and i'm happy with that. This is more a wishful thinking thread.
    On the very slim chance there ever is another star wars film, what film would you like to see, however unlikely?
    An Old Republic film? The Thrawn Trilogy as movies? The Clone wars Live Action? One devoted to bounty hunters, smugglers, and general scum and villainy (Star wars:Rise of the Hutts)? Maybe one in the far future, Cade Skywalker or even beyond? Go crazy.

Perhaps a movie about a smaller member of the rebel alliance, in some in-between of the original trilogy. More battle-centric, grittier, but still on the light side, so to speak. Or one in the extreme past, showing the first hyperspace drives, the first interplanetary contact. The possibilities are endless.
  2. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    A reboot.

Luke and Han rescue the Princess and blow up the Death Star, then the ongoing Adventures of Luke Skywalker.

Ben's death and "I am your father" optional.

"Leia is my sister" absolutely prohibited.
  3. Loupgarou Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    A reboot would be interesting. would there be a prequel reboot too? If there was, they could start there and work their way up to the original trilogy, though that wouldn't be a popular idea (unless the prequels were waay better this time around).
  4. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    As a weird type of experimental/educational venture, a film based on the first draft of 'The Star Wars', using Ralph McQuarrie's earlier visual concepts.

Not something out of the realms of possibility, either - way down the track, CGI could be used to do just that in a doco tracing the development of the story. Live action might be a stretch, though.
  5. Loupgarou Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    ooooh, i like that. I really like gasmask-ey luke, and early boba fett. I'd pay to see that.
  6. ezekiel22x Force Ghost

star 4
    A film set thousands of years before or after the main cycle, involving a story that's more subdued than the entire galaxy in need of being saved. Wouldn't mind the Force/Jedi angle being more of a background bit, and while we're at it maybe even limit the setting to a single city or planet. In other words, something that is still Star Wars despite being very different. Never reboot. I'd rather Lucas take up a hundred episodes of the Jar Jar Adventure Hour than oversee an ANH remake.
  7. EHT Manager: New Films

Manager
    star 6
    This.
  8. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    I wish there was an audience for the Jar-Jar Adventure Hour.
    Or at least a Jar-Jar Adventures novel series...
  9. DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't mind seeing movies about the rest The Clone Wars or of the Rebellion. Seeing clone troopers in action would be fun. Something along the lines of Rogue Squadron would work well for the OT era. I just want to see more a "war movie" in the GFFa
  10. Arawn_Fenn Chosen One

star 7
    The adventures of Nien Nunb and Lobot.
  11. dewback_rancher Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    What am I, chopped liver? :p
  12. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    The Adventures of Ben Quadinaros
    [image=http://www.theforce.net/2010/benqrevised.jpg]
  13. Derrville Jedi Knight

star 1
    Id like to see maybe a trilogy of movies set in the 20 years during ROTS and ANH.

Or an Old Republic movie. That would cater to the hardcore and the casual star wars fans alike because of how popular the games were/are. Theres so much untapped potential like the Mandalorian Wars, the jedi civil war, the sith temples on korriban, etc. It would be awesome. A whole nother series of movies though because they couldnt be tied with the Saga unless Lucas makes another Skywalker.
  14. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    ROTS = Episode III
    ANH = Episode IV

Unless you'd be prepared to see films with episode numbers like 3 & 1/2, 3 & 3/4 & 3 & 7/8, there's not going to be a 'trilogy' of films set during this period. The proposed live action TV series will be covering at least some of this period anyway.

An Old Republic film seems most likely, GL has virtually suggested he'd be in favour of it - as he put it, a film about the "Old, Old Republic".

Regarding one other point you made, I'm completely in agreement with Stewie Griffin:

Finally, anyone who uses the terms: "irregardless", "a whole 'nother", or "all of the sudden" shall be sentenced to a work camp.

Off to the spice mines of Kessel with you.;)
  15. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Maybe they should just scrap the live action TV series and make a Dark Times movie.
  16. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    There already is a Dark Times movie. It's called THX 1138.:cool:
  17. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    Har har.
  18. Rev Force Ghost

star 2
    The Unification Wars at the founding of the Republic would have the most potential, primarily because it's such a seminal period in galactic history but has gone virtually unexplored in the Expanded Universe.

If for some reason a preexisting work was being adapted as a movie, the only one which I could see working would be the Legacy comics, especially if the film centered primarily on Cade Skywalker, instead of veering off into the various subplots (they work for the comic, but a movie would have to be streamlined).

While I would love to see a reboot in which Vader and Leia are both unrelated to Luke, such would probable work better as an RPG video game or an Infinites comic series.
  19. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    You know, given the leap in quality IMHO between AotC and RotS, I would be open to Lucas himself making another movie. If he could improve further on his work in Episode 3 to the same extent that he improved on 2, I think the results would be rather impressive.
  20. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Heck, given the precedent when he re-titled SW "Episode IV" I'd be fine with him making RotS the new "Episode I" and doing a pair of movies leading up to SW.

EDIT: Provided any and all Vader appearances feature the proper suit, not the misshapen "Hayden's too short, but for some reason it HAS to be him inside for this scene" RotS abomination.
  21. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Yeah, something like that. I think a Dark Times movie would be great, instead of the TV show.

Just call it Star Wars: The Dark Times or something. Have it be an in-between-movies story like the Clone Wars shows.
  22. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Then again, if the O-OT were just "rough drafts", Lucas could re-christen the PT a "test run" and start from scratch!:p
  23. thecolorsblend Jedi Knight

star 1
    I think there's a lot of potential in a movie about the original Jedi/Sith war. Not a trilogy, just a "done in one" where we see the Jedi Order become integrated into the Republic following the near (or even complete) takeover by the armies of the Sith and the Jedi liberating it and taking the Sith out. End with Darth Bane taking on an apprentice and teaching him the rule of two, Yoda overseeing construction of the new Jedi Temple on (a heavily damaged but under reconstruction) Coruscant, the formalization of the Jedi code and unaffiliated star systems finally joining the Republic to make it the pretty much galaxy-wide body it was in the prequels.

I'd only ask that the main Jedi character be someone other than Yoda because I'm not up for two hours of non-stop backwards talk.
  24. SithLord_1270 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I would like to see something taking place in the Old Republic. A vast era with possibilities for good story lines.
    Maybe a story on the split that led to the Dark Jedi being exiled, or the Great Hyperspace War,

NO re-boot! If it ain't broke then why fix it?!
  25. thecolorsblend Jedi Knight

star 1
    I actually wouldn't mind it if the EU got completely rebooted. Ditch that Mandalorian BS, Han and Leia having Jedi twins (how original!), the Empire's apparently inexhaustible supply of super-weapons, the NJO story arc, etc. 99% of EU stuff is crap on a stick without the stick anyway so it's no big loss. Ditch all the EU stuff and start over, again using the films as a basis.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.