Saga IF there was another live action movie made, what would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Loupgarou, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
  1. Vepariga Jedi Knight

star 2
    Id like to see a continuation after ROTJ but not in the way the EU has done it,i dont like most of EU. Id like to see Boba fett return aswell but not in the way the EU did it. lol
  2. venepe Force Ghost

star 1
    I would like to see "STAR WARS Prologue The Son of the Suns" The movie would mysteriously start WITHOUT the usual "A long time ago..." and go directly into the Star Wars title, but the opening crawl would start with "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." setting the reason why the rest of the films start with that line.

The plot of the movie would be on how the prophecy of the chosen one started. It would be set 1000 years before the events of Episode I, giving credit to the lines by Ki Adi Mundi "the sith have been extint for a millenia" and the line line in AOTC by Palpatine "the republic has stood for a thousand years". the specifics would be around how the Jedi believe thay have killed the last Sith but mistook someone as an apprentice when it was probably just a dark force user. Sets up the need for revenge by the sith and the establishment of the senate/chancellor representative system, maybe the republic before was more centralized with more power to a central figure and somehow the sith gained some control over it, thus setting up the line in ROTS by Mace "the oppression of the sith will not return".

Wishful thinking, but it would not be apart from the Anakin story and may actually bring th PT and OT closer. something about how the Jedi back then were more spiritual about the force like Yoda, but through power they became more scientific about it, so after the purge it goes back to the spirituality of it like in the OT.

As far a personal wish, I would love to see Corellia at some point.
  3. BizAOK Force Ghost

star 1
    a Darth Revan trilogy.

Next question....
  4. BaronLandoCalrissian Jedi Knight

star 3
    I liked Mcgregor. I want Obi-Wan's first week in a hostile, crime-infested tatooine, done as a full-on spaghetti western. No greenscreen, make it in Spain.
  5. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Episode III.I: The Good, The Bad & The Really, Really Ugly

[image=http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/11982/1450408-ewan_mcgregor_as_obi_wan_kenobi_in_star_wars___revenge_of_the_sith_super.jpg] [image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_pKXTdtQj64c/SppgYTqkotI/AAAAAAAABG0/cGhaeyoPfBI/s320/Devaronian.jpg] [image=http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070527022012/starwars/images/thumb/9/93/Vuvrian_AA.jpg/250px-Vuvrian_AA.jpg]
  6. sarlaccsaurs-rex Force Ghost

star 3
    LMAO!!!

Anyway I would like to see a film that explains what "Long Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away..." Means I know many of you would disagree, but I liked the way the Halo series connnected Humanity with the "Forerunners". I think It would be awsome if someone connected the Humans from the Star Wars universe, to real life Humans as some sort of primitive Corellian Science expirement. Where they left a small group of infants of each race, on each continent of Earth, and it would explain evolution, The Bible, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc. and connect it with the force/jedi/sith. It would cause a HUGE amount of controversy but would be awsome, IMHO.=D=
  7. Ben_Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    Episode VII-IX

Grand Admiral Thrawn clones Young Obi Wan, Padme, and Anakin but make them bad. Then there's a huge showdown between the clones and Luke, Leia, and Han in Episode IX.
  8. Darth_Nub Saga, Classic Trilogy and Film Music Manager

Manager
    star 4
    It's already been tried for an abandoned EU trilogy of novels:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Exodus

I've also seen a few mentions here & there about how Episode IX would end with some sort of space voyage headed off in the direction of our galaxy, & even accusations of the original Battlestar Galactica having stolen certain ideas connecting the GFFA to our own.
    When it comes to the ST, I'm more than willing to pick into tiny little pieces the most miniscule shred of a rumour, that was hinted at by someone's cousin's drinking buddy, who told another guy's best friend in 1982 - but those ones I'll happily ignore.
  9. Darth-Mauls-Torso Jedi Master

star 3
    I'd personally like to see a movie about the rise of Darth Sdious. It could show stuff like Darth Plagueis teaching him the dark side, discovering Darth Maul, weaseling into the galactic political scene etc. Plus you could still have familiar characters like Yoda, Dooku, and a young Qui Gon among others. It would be like "Wicked", only without the opium-fueled gay tiger orgy (That happened in the book, not the musical:))
  10. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Cool idea, but who could replace McDiarmid?
  11. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    [image=http://howdoicookthis.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/how-to-cook-a-ham.jpg]:p

Personally, I'm still waiting so see just ONE of the noble separatists promised by RotS's "heroes on both sides"...
  12. Darth-Mauls-Torso Jedi Master

star 3
    That's an excellent point. Truly "Star Wars Origins: Palpatine" is doomed to failure from the get go.
  13. Mond Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Ouch. Well played. [face_laugh]
  14. DarthMak Force Ghost

star 5
    A couple of years ago there was a rumor regarding a live action film involving a much younger Yoda saving the Republic. It was quickly debunked by LFL but I got very excited. There's so much more to tell about the character and it would have potential to be quite good.
  15. RX-27 Jedi Master

star 1
    Personally I rather any new movies be set in an entirely new era that isn't filled with EU canon. But if it had too one of the things I'd liked to see is movies about the origin of the Jedi knights and the Force wars on Tython it make the orders story come full circle. (I.E The PT was it's prime and The OT was it's rebirth )
  16. DarthJohnkenobi Jedi Master

star 4

I think It would be awsome if someone connected the Humans from the Star Wars universe, to real life Humans as some sort of primitive Corellian Science expirement. Where they left a small group of infants of each race, on each continent of Earth, and it would explain evolution, The Bible, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism etc

ummm, has someone been reading Dianetics?
  17. halibut Chosen One

star 8
    Sounds like the ST:TNG episode "The Chase"
  18. sarlaccsaurs-rex Force Ghost

star 3
    Look I just had an idea, no need to criticize.
  19. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    I say go back. Thousands of years. Sith war, whatever...Fresh new storyline, new characters, things would look different-but still in certain ways similar. It would even be interesting to see more saber staff usage and different color lightsabers!

I think it could work!
  20. Merlin_Ambrosius69 Force Ghost

star 5
    I have an idea for a Sequel Trilogy, VII - IX, set decades after ROTJ, in which one of the major characters of the OT dies in each episode.

Admiral Han Solo goes out on a blaze of glory against a Pirate Fleet in the opening battle of VII. Grand Master Luke Skywalker is struck down by a Skywalker/Solo child (I haven't decided which one) possessed by the Dark Side in the middle of VIII. Supreme Chancellor Leia Organa-Skywalker-Solo sacrifices herself for the sake of the Galaxy at the climax of IX.

Meanwhile, Baron Lando Calrissian has to exonerate himself of criminal charges, Captain Chewbacca is the Commander of a Wookiee Star Destroyer, Senator Needa (the son of the infamous Admiral) serves as Leia's aide, and General Wedge Antilles is the military leader of the New Republic.

Meanwhile, the Solo/Skywalker children take over as the heroes. Their roles are minor in VII, but by IX they're the stars of the show. It would be pretty, pretty, pretty cool.
  21. StampidHD280pro Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like to see a Sequel Trilogy where the primary conflict is between people (including aliens) and machines. In the prequels, droids were deemed not as dangerous as clones or Jedi. But what if, somewhat like Vader, people in the Republic were transferring their minds into lifelike man-droids in order to live forever? Would their souls die in the process, transfer along with the machine, or do their souls live on separate from the machine? What would old school droids think of all this?
    Episode VII could be about the rise of the mechano-mind popularity.
    Episode VIII could be about the morality of the issue, and consequences. (You know, the dark one.)
    And IX would resolve the issue and take a definitive stance on souls, machines, and god knows what else. For a twist, Endor by this time could be a treeless metropolis like Coruscant, where there is an energy crisis. Supreme Borg Ewok's Final Solution, convert all non-borgs into precious energy.

Ghost Skywalker vs. Borg Skywalker.
    Wicket the Wise vs. Supreme Wokbot 6000

You could stretch VII and VIII into three movies, and IX into three more and make two more trilogies for even more saga symmetry.;)
  22. darkfather1972 Jedi Padawan

I believe I would want a trilogy set in the Knights of Old Republic Era.
  23. DARTH_BELO Force Ghost

star 4
    This is a good idea.

Before I didn't really think a whole Trilogy between III and IV would work-but at least one episode would be cool. Although now that I think about it, a whole trilogy could work! I mean it's 20 years! That's realistic. I-III is over about 13 or so years, IV-VI is over about 4 years...the whole "middle trilogy" could be over the span of like 15 years or so, and move seamlessly into ANH! It could have a lot of interesting elements in it. The Jedi Purge, the growth of the Rebellion, Darth Vader's first years as a Sith...Maybe something with Boba Fett...and finally the Rebels' first battle against the Empire.

Although I really think I'd prefer a trilogy from the old days of the Republic. Like I said earlier.
  24. AnakinBrego Jedi Master

star 3
    "IF there was another live action movie made, what would you like to see?"
    A movie about the formation of The Republic, and the Jedi defeating the Sith the first time around,and the Jedi Mandalorian wars. Have Yoda as a padawan. Give or take a thousand years to allow him into the plot.
  25. Darth_Hydra Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd want Yoda's origin(s). If that wasn't possible then anything with a lot of Jedi vs Sith action would be fine as long as they don't rewrite big chunks of the EU. Also, please no 3D.
Moderators: Darth_Nub, Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.