main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga IF there was another live action movie made, what would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Loupgarou, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Lucas wouldn't reboot. Fox would though so let's hope the legal department at Newscorp never find any loopholes in the various deals done with Lucasfilm that would allow them to make a Star Wars movie by themselves.

If it happened it might go a little something like this...

STAR WARS - THE UNITED FAITH

The year is 5342AD. 700 years ago, Earth was accepted into the Galactic Republic of Civilisations and human beings grew to play a vital role in galactic affairs, spreading the "United Faith" made up of Earth's old religions, transformed into a single belief system for all, across the alien republic. Yet a common belief in the Universal Force of Origins did not bring the lasting peace and tranquility the religion aspired to give to all sentient life. Some within the priesthood began to question the truth of the unified faith and soon question and doubt turned to conflict and war. When a United Faith doubter came into power in the Republic he began a campaign to hunt down and destroy the Jedi Priesthood and all those who followed their teachings. After a devestating war, Earth was left a barren wasteland, a desert world where survivors struggled to make any kind of living. One of the great Jedi Priests, Darth Vader, turned on his brethren and joined the campaign to eliminate all United Faith practitioners. When the war was over, the Priesthood was gone, the Republic was now a hardened Empire and Darth Vader was left scarred and embittered, anger consuming him after a Priesthood assault on his fortress apparently killed his young children, Luke and Leia Vader. But Vader was tricked. His old mentor, Ben Kent, secreted the children away, believing that they were part of a prophecy and the keys to unlocking the true power of the Universal Force of Origins that would see the galaxy united in peace once more and bring enlightenment to the stars. They were placed in the care of a kindly Swedish couple, Owen and Brigid Larsson and grew up learning of the Universal Faith and their role in the prophecy.

But now the Empire has devised a new weapon that will accelerate the aging process of stars, and plan on using their weapon on Earth's star to consume the home world of the Universal Faith, turning Earth's life star into a death star. With time running out, Luke and Leia Vader will have to learn the ways of the United Faith and discover the secret power of the Universal Force of Origins before the Earth is destroyed and the Empire's power over the galaxy becomes absolute.

Star Wars The United Faith is an exciting new take on a cinematic classic, retaining the imaginative characters and scale of the original six films, telling the story of the rise of heroes in the battle against the dark side in whole new ways, The galaxy far far away comes home with Earth and the human race proving to be capable of achieving great things. Featuring amazing space battles, exciting combat and special effects and a rich story with a modern take on a 20th century legend, The United Faith takes Star Wars to a whole new dimension of science fiction and redefines what it means to say May The Force Be With You. Star Wars - The United Faith will be released on May 25th 2027 to cinemas world wide.

:rolleyes:

2. couger81

couger81 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2011
    I would love to see two movies done from the begining, One would be the The hyperspace war to see how it all started and the 2nd about the Sith war on how the Sith became defeated.

Also would be great for one movie to show the Rise of the empire that shows how they became the empire and where did they come from.

3. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    I would love to see a live action remake of The Clone Wars (the miniseries, not the new crap). That show was so good and clearly bridged the gap between AOTC and ROTS. It included a few battles, Anakin's knighting, introduced Grievous, and ended with Palpatine's "abduction".

4. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    That would be the Prequel Trilogy.

5. couger81

couger81 Jedi Youngling

May 31, 2011
    I should have really said the Birth of the Empire as that was set about 20 years before the Invasion of Naboo by the Trade federation.
    The movie or tv show could be set on the planet of Kuat where Emperor Palpatine used the Space docks & contruction yards to build his Armoured transports like the AT-AT and his Fleet of Star destroyers, but that could be one part of the movie where it shows them gaining power.

6. HectorV

HectorV Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2011
    Hmm what I'd love to see is a Obi Wan origins story like his time as Qui Gon's padawan and stuff. Qui Gon was a awesome character and i would have loved to see more of him:) and i would take watching young obi wan over anakin any day:)

7. Kabal

Kabal Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 18, 1998
    What I would like to see (and what I've been asking about for years) is to have stand-alone Star Wars films, not to dissimilar to how Star Trek was handled. Forget the Hollywood idea of "everything must be a trilogy." If it works as a trilogy, fine, but don't make it a requirement.

I personally would like (in no particular order):

Young Han Solo
    Foundation of the Jedi (however many eons ago)
    Thrawn (obviously get different actors since it takes place only 5 years after ROTJ)
    Palpatine's Sith upbringing (if there is one, I'm sure there is) and how he manipulated everyone to get where we got in TPM.

8. shanerjedi

shanerjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2010
    If there was just one film I would love to see one dealing with the foundations of the republic and the jedi knights creation of the order.

But if it's a saga there is only one choice: a sequel trilogy with an old Luke handing off to a new generation.

9. DARTH_DEEZY

DARTH_DEEZY Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 4, 2011
    The Novels "Dark Lord" and "Labyrinth of Evil" would both work well as stand alone movies...of course the ship has sailed on LOE but lots of potential in a Dark Lord movie

10. skywalker_5376

skywalker_5376 Jedi Padawan

Jun 21, 2011
    In my small humble opinion, I do believe there would be something refreshing about seeing the SW franchise not follow suite and reboot like so many others are doing these days.

Like them or not, the Skywalker Saga and the 6 movies that go with it, are GL?s vision, and I personally think they are very fun entertaining to watch as they are. I do not want to see someone else?s take on his story in the form of a live-action reboot. Id be fine with them jumping a thousand years back, but I sure hope they do not reboot the 6 movies GL already made. There is integrity is standing by GL?s vision. They are all amazing chapters in his saga, no need to reboot them!

11. AricaBolts

AricaBolts Jedi Knight star 1

May 20, 2011
    Nobody can Write Star Wars like Geoge Lucas...

"Lucas Writes Lucas Movies, Other people wish they could write like that..." simple fact.

12. Drewton

Drewton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 8, 2009
    A post-ROTJ spin-off, but not necessarily titled "Episode VII", or ab old republic movie.

13. mrc681

mrc681 Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2011
    I kind of like what the X-Men movies are doing, showing how characters came about. Something like that would be cool be it years, 100's of years or more in the past would be pretty cool. I'd also be interested to see a VII, VIII & IX, as long as they didn't have any gaps. And for any of them I'd like GL to contact Christopher Nolan and his brother Jonathan to help with them. I think it would be really neat to see those minds working together.

Also, whoever mentioned the Thrawn trilogy, I'd love to see those.

14. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Before I set about this I would have all EU at either end of the Saga (Pre-TPM, Post-ROTJ) with the exception of Darth Plaugeis and The Thrawn Trilogy wiped clean. A-bomb the lot.

1. A trilogy set 1,000 years before TPM, giving context to what the Sith are and why they are perceived to be so terribly evil within the main Saga, I - VI. I would also seek to explain Obi-Wan's 1,000 generations and Palpatine's 1,000 years in relation to the age of the Republic; initially, at the start of the trilogy the 'Republic' is more like a strong UN with no constituation (essentially it is only a Republic by name and has no real Republican structure), while the war against the Sith causes the formation of what would be the 'First Republic' (effectively) with the former state going by the name of 'Ancien Republic' (like the Ancien Regime of France). I always thought the way the EU explained it seemed contrived. Throughout the trilogy a 'Great War' will occur with both Jedi and Sith generals leading massive military forces, with the Sith playing a similar role to the Jedi in their own 'Empire'. Eventually by the end of the trilogy the 'Prophecy of the Chosen One' will be given to the Jedi and the Sith will go into hiding following their defeat.

2. A trilogy set at the foundation of the 'Ancien Republic/Republic'. It would be like a galactic 'Napoleonic Wars' with sovereignties forming Coalitions against a strong enemy, leading to the Jedi standing by these powers, and thus their involvement on a galactic scale. Eventually, following the war, a 'Republic' is formed and the 'Galactic Order' is established as seen the Saga. The first film could involve the rise of this 'French-like Empire' with tensions rising within the galaxy/Core Worlds (perhaps the 'Emperor' could be a fallen Jedi, and eventual founder of the Sith). The war could begin following the end of the first film and the second film could involve the war at it's height. The third film would then be collapse of the Empire, formation of the Republic and 'escape' of the Emperor (to form the Sith).

3. Essentially Episodes VII, VIII and IX, although not nessisarily named as such (to preserve the 'Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker' notion for the Saga). The Civl war is over, the Empire has fallen, and the Galactic Republic resides over an essentially unified galaxy (after the Thrawn trilogy) and the Jedi Order is reforming. 'Flashbacks' during the trilogy will fill in a few gaps of how the Empre fell, the fall of Coruscant and even events during the Thrawn's Campaigns, however for the most part the audience can determine what happened; chronologically it will be placed around 13 ABY. At this point in time the Empire survives only in a national redoubt and a dynasty still rules over the Imperial state. The basic premise of the story will focus on Luke learning about the Force from mystical beings known as the Whills (known about but not utilized in the films), who will teach him how to rebuild the Jedi Order and how to rectify it's flaws of the past... Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin will also, briefly, talk to Luke. Whilst all this occurs the Republic is being reformed and is in a type of 'Cold War' with both the Hutts (who are now a power) and the collapsed Empire. Leia is elected the new Chancellor, following Mon Mothma's term, and Han and Chewie are sent to negotiate a treaty with the Hutts in regards to the unoccupation of territory following the end of the war (with the Hutts being like the Soviet Union). Negotiations break down and a brief but dramatic war errupts between the Hutts and the Republic with the Republic emerging victorious (obviously some dramatic tension like a super weapon or something added). The trilogy ends with the Republic remaining as the prominent power with the Hutts joining as a member state, and the Empire remaining a weak, but highly technological state.

4. Around 600-700 years following the OT. The Republic remains the prominent power (however not without struggles, as explained in Flashbacks, etc) and the Empire has developed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.