main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT If they did this with the OT, would you pay for it?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Drewdude91, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Everything SW deserves at least one look.

3. SpecterSquadronLeader

SpecterSquadronLeader Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2014
    If they could include restored scenes of Luke & Biggs on Tatooine.. If it's even possible, of course..

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    "Yes, yes. It would be a great asset." :cool:

I'd pay a few euros for it !

But I'll too be glad with only the original versions (77-83) coming to blu-ray or high quality DVD.

5. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I would. There are a couple of changes I don't care for. But mostly I like the Blu-rays.

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    I think I'd miss all the Han shot first arguments.

7. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I probably would.

8. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Return of Jedi Ewokless edition would be worth buying.
    Many of the changes made didn't bother me. Some were poorly executed though. Vader's noo in ROTJ didn't sound like it belonged. It sounded like something someone would add in a youtube video. The fact he says nooo doesn't bother me its how it sounded.
    I really wouldn't care much about a pick and choose version of what changes you want.

9. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Yes, I'd really like this too so I can pass the 2004 box set onto someone else.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Between the Blu-ray set and the DVDs that included the O-OT I'm satisfied enough. Can't see myself buying the originals again.

11. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    My sentiment exactly. Finger, toes and eyes crossed

Grand_Moff_Jawa likes this.
  12. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Uh who what when where why who quoted me saying what?

13. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd definitely pay for it.

14. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I'd buy it. I'd only keep some changes.

15. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    If this were truly possible, I'd certainly spend my money on it. Logically speaking, I see it as nearly impossible. The folks who may create such a masterpiece would have to come up with every little aspect that could change the ENTIRE trilogy. Which could range from the original ending, to a stormtrooper shooting Luke, basically destroying the Rebellion from one pull of the trigger. Anyways, yes, I would certainly pay for it.

16. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I know I've posted this before somewhere, but here are my perfect cuts for the OT:

ANH:

Keep the "Han shoots first" scene from the '77 version
    Keep all of the original aliens from the ANH '77 cantina - no CGI '97 replacements
    Keep all of the added Mos Eisley spaceport scenes from the '97 version
    Keep all of the revised Space battle Death Star scenes from the '97 version

ESB:

Keep all of the changes from the '97-on editions, with the exception of the scene when Vader's shuttle lands on the Star Destroyer (from the '97 version) - this was an unecessary (though not terrible) change.

ROTJ:

Keep the original Sy Snootles & the Rebo Band cut, and completely delete the "Yuzzum" cut with the new dancers, etc.
    Keep the '97 added scene with Oola - which was filmed using the same actress - excellent scene
    Keep the added Banthas in the Dune sea - nice addition
    Keep the improved '97 scene when Jabba's goons are walking across the Sail Barge as it's going to the Sarlaac pit - great addition.
    Am indifferent about the Sarlaac's beak in the '97-on editions; I can take it or leave it.
    Keep the changed music & the added celebration scenes from the end of the film - this definitely makes this scene much more epic.
    Keep the old Sebastian Shaw Anakin ghost from the '83 ROTJ version.

I'm sure I'm missing some scenes...

17. Prequel_Rubbish

Prequel_Rubbish Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 5, 2014
    They should re-release the original original trilogy in BluRay and also go back and redo the SE. Things like taking out the matte lines, redoing the composite effects, some of the new shots that replaced obvious fake shots, like the Falcon landing at Cloud City, some of the enhanced colors and graphics and fixes of obvious glitches are cool. But adding or changing scenes, all of the CGI, Jedi Rocks and the like, they should just delete all of it.

I would buy both the original original trilogy and a cleaned up SE, but I will never spend a cent on the version that is sold now. Many people feel the same way.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Remember this is all opinion though. What is obvious to some may not be obvious to others, and vice versa.

19. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Oh - forgot to add that for ANH, keep the significantly improved lightsabers in the Obi-wan/Vader fight scene from the 2011 Blu-ray; though these newest effects still aren't perfect, they're a far cry from the '77, '97, and 2004 DVD versions...

20. Drewdude91

Drewdude91 Jedi Knight star 3

May 21, 2011
    NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

21. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I would love to have a custom edition. Though the only things I would remove is the new jedi rocks, Hayden Christensen ghost and Vader's new Noooo line.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    None of the cantina aliens were CGI, were they? I thought they just changed the wolfman to a lizard smoking a bong

23. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    If they offered this, somebody somewhere will buy literally each and every version of every combination of scenes and deleted scenes and what not, from the insignificant ones to the big ones. Then, there will be an entire universe of discussion about the merits of each and which one works the best, worst, favorite, etc. Its an interesting idea to test maybe on some anime or something, but for Star Wars I think it could create a lot of unnecessary muck in the world of discussing it.

24. Tolvo

Tolvo Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    All they should ever release officially are the originals plus the latest "updated" versions.
    Or if they wanted to be real thorough about it: the originals, the '97 Special Edition as well as the latest versions. Everything in between is negligible. To make people go into a menu to (de-)select changes to the film in some kind of "Build-your-own-Star-Wars" fashion would be perfectly ridiculous. Next people will ask for an option to remove Jake Lloyd or Jar Jar.

mes520 likes this.
  25. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012

I kinda like the idea, but this is true. "Take out Obi-Wan" "No, no, I said Padme," or "Get rid of Luke!" Fans would never be happy.