main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'If Tommorow Never Comes' Anakin/Tahiri Songfic - NJO

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alixen, Jul 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alixen

Alixen Jedi Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Aw Force, why did i do this?!

I was listening to Ronin Keating, and it struck me how ideal this song is to Anakin and Tahiri's relationship.

So i decided id write a Songfic, though im going to be horribly depressed now :(

Warning, Its Bittersweet

--

Anakin sighed to himself as he held Tahiri to him, the moonlight reflecting off her face, casting an inhuman glow on her that seemed to enhance her beauty.
    ?If that?s possible?? he whispered to himself, so as not to wake her, there were too few peaceful nights these days.
    They were lying against a tree, a blanket Tahiri had brought from the ship wrapped around them, this mission seemed to have been given to them as a minor break.
    They had been asked by Anakin?s uncle Luke to pick up some Data from a Bunker on the planet, apparently it was going to be helpful, he had forgotten the reason, he had been too busy trying to look indignant, he was getting some silly information while others were out fighting? He should have been helping!

But it had turned out to be a good thing, Luke had decided to also send Tahiri, and here they were, they had another day before they had to head back, they had made good time.
    He couldn?t help but suspect his uncle had other motives though, why did the planet that they were travelling to happen to be famous for its beautiful sunsets and rises and its gorgeous moon, and lush plant life?
    It was the perfect romantic getaway.

__
    Sometimes late at night
    I lie awake and watch her sleeping
    She's lost in peaceful dreams
    So I turn out the light and lay there in the dark
    And the thought crosses my mind
    If I never wake in the morning
    Would she ever doubt the way I feel
    About her in my heart

__

As much Joy as their relationship brought him, he couldn?t help but worry, they were at war, the chance of either of them surviving was extremely slim.
    Though he would protect her to the death.
    But lately? he had been getting a feeling of deep foreboding, he couldn?t place it, he had allowed it to control him, something a Jedi must never do.
    He had even allowed it to stop him from telling Tahiri that he loved her, the worry that he would be forced to part with her.
    He?d done the usual things, hugging her, kissing her, doing things for her, but it wasn?t enough, at least he didn?t think so.

__
    If tomorrow never comes
    Will she know how much I loved her
    Did I try in every way to show her every day
    That she's my only one
    And if my time on earth were through
    And she must face this world without me
    Is the love I gave her in the past
    Gonna be enough to last
    If tomorrow never comes

__

At that his mind wandered somewhere it often had lately, the reason his father had hated him for.
    Chewbacca, his death.
    He had loved him like he was a real Uncle, a extremely hairy and strong Uncle yes, but still family.
    He had never told Chewie that in the years before his death, when he had been younger yes, but not since.
    That hurt almost as much as his father shunning him, more now that they were patching things up.

He had to tell her how he felt, he had to, he felt he would burst if he didn?t, though he was scared he knew he had to do it.
    If he didn?t admit it and something happened the other would live the rest of their life wondering, and if that idea hurt Tahiri as much as him, then neither of them would be able to live like that.
    He would tell her.

__
    'Cause I've lost love once in my life
    Who never knew how much I loved them
    Now I live with the regret
    That my true feelings for them never were revealed
    So I made a promise to myself
    To say each day how much she means to me
    And avoid that circumstance
    Where there's no second chance to tell her how I feel

__

He had tried to show her he loved her, he had tried tons of different loving gestures, but he knew nothing could substitute for the real ?I Love You?.
    Three words should be that hard to say, not after fighting this war, it wasn?t as if she would say she didn?t love him back or that she would reject him, he fel

2. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That was great! :D Very sad little viggie. [face_love]

3. green_eyes

green_eyes Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    That was great. I thought it was sweet not sad. I guess knowing that he dies and tomorow never does come for them is sad. But this is sweet. Anakin telling her for the first time how much he loves her.

Great job.

*green_eyes*

4. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    JaJ: Glad you enjoyed it, wish i could say id enjoyed writing it :)

Green Eyes: Guess it depends on how you look at it huh? plus i never state it takes place in Real Time, so you could imagine it was AU if you so wished :)

5. JDH3

JDH3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Ack! How did I not see this before?! Great job, my friend. =D= DRL has been throwing me off course of late, but I'm glad it gave me enough time to find this. :D Sad and sweet, in other words...perfect! In case it isn't clear, you did a great job with this, Alixen. :)

BTW: I know, I'm terribly behind in my posting.

JD.

6. Alixen

Aug 7, 2003
    Glad you liked it man :)

Ahh, i wouldnt say a word about how behind you are, i understand all to well :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.