main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If weed becomes decriminalized (or even legalized) in Canada ....

Discussion in 'Communications' started by wk_sock, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    And Nathan, perhaps force wasn't the right word. Maybe influence. In order to post here, you have to conform to their morals while you're here.
    -- If I'm not mistaken, you also follow the rules and morals of someone's house when you're visiting, do you not? It's a thing called manners.

2. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Concerning the topic originally posted, as I understand it, changes in Canadian Law should have no affect on the regs of TF.N, as evidenced by the Phantom Edit controversy.

TF.N is bound by the US Law Code, which strongly protects intellectual property rights (the Copyright Act of 1976, for example). As such, TF.N will allow discussion of the artistic merits of the edits (which fall under Fair Use), but not the means of distribution (unauthorized redistribution of copyrighted material). We have posters from countries who are not quite as strict in their protection of intellectual property - they may ask why it is forbidden to share the tapes. The simple and factual answer is that discussing and disclosing the means of distribution would cause us trouble based upon the jurisdiction of the web sites location. That it is viewed internationally is immaterial.

In the same vein, as Erik (I believe) pointed out, certain discussions could take place in the Senate and Fan Forces, but not in the JC main, and certain discussions would be disallowed because they would potentially violate sections of the US Code. Perhaps if the servers were located elsewhere, this wouldn't be an issue. But they aren't, so it is.

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Dang, Matlock. :p ;)

It's really not that complicated. Scott and Josh just don't want it here. It's as simple as that. Agree with it or not, it's their site.

4. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Yeah. That, too.

And I'm more Lionel Hutz than Matlock, ;) .

5. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    It's already legal in Amsterdam.

And the rest of Holland.

Damn so I can't buy weed in Drente or Gelderland?

That sucks :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.