main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends If You Can't Stand the Heat (L/M vignette; yep, another in the Temperature Series)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obaona, Nov 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Thanks for clicking. :D :p

Title: If You Can't Stand the Heat
    Summary: Can Luke and Mara take the heat? :p
    Rating: PG. (Not G. 8-} )
    A/N: Huge, huge thanks to Jedi-2B for beta'ing ever so kindly, and saying that I can just consider her the official beta for the Temperature series. ;) (Doesn't that rock? :cool: ) Huge thanks also to kayladie97 for the title. :)
    A/N2: This is set between It Was Cold and Warming Up.
    A/N3: Just got some crap at the Archive, so it may be a while before I reply here. *gets away from computer*
    Chronological Listing and Links of the Series: I am putting this here due to the fact that readers have posted on different stories with ?what?s this about a sequel??. :p Here are all the stories (including this one) in chronological order (not the order they were written): Cold Front, Breaking the Ice, The Blanket Incident, It Was Cold, If You Can?t Stand the Heat, Warming Up, It Got Too Hot, Kindling the Flame, Mara the Burninator, It?s Not the Heat, It?s the Humidity, and Heat Wave.

Cover Art

Again, I think I'm going to need more titles, so don't be afraid to put them on here, even if you think they're stupid. 8-} I can't ever have enough titles. ;)

Feedback (and constructive criticism) is adored and treasured. :D

~*~*~

?It?s a sauna, Mara, not a death chamber,? I said, leaning back against the hard, stone wall with my eyes shut. The heat sank into my bones, and I sighed as my muscles relaxed. I had hated the heat on Tatooine, but it admittedly did have its advantages.

Her voice floated over to me magically, coming from nowhere and everywhere, in the empty, large sauna. ?Shut up, Skywalker.?

I opened my eyes, and looked up at her. She cautiously took a few more steps closer to me, glancing around warily with narrowed green eyes. She seemed to view everywhere as a possible place of attack. Well, considering I didn?t know if there were any secret passages in the Imperial Palace?s sauna, there very well could be. I wondered why she was so skittish, though. Not to mention, we had agreed to see each tomorrow as both of us had a busy day.

I looked her over, noting that she looked impeccable in her green pants and tunic, except for the fact that the humid heat was beginning to make her hair frizz and curl. The heat was pressing against my skin, and I could feel myself sweating, but you wouldn?t think Mara was experiencing the same conditions by looking at her.

?What is it?? I asked. ?It must be important, if you came in here.? I raised my eyebrows. ?You know, women aren?t really supposed to be in here,? I added cautiously.

She gave me a testy look, taking a tentative step forward, and then taking another, long

2. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Eeeeeeeeeeeee! That was great! [face_laugh] Just the ending I would have picked, once I knew Luke was in nothing but a towel. [face_mischief] Yes, I'm pretty pervy. :p

Oba, I love these! [face_love] I can't wait for more! Please say there will be more! :D

Jae Angel

3. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    Oh I love this! I love them all!! WOOO!!

4. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Hot sweaty Luke in a towel. I'm happy. :)

At the rate you write these, you'll have a full fledge novel soon. ;)

5. LianaMara

LianaMara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 30, 2000
    Master Mummy- Oh, this was great! :D Very pervy. :p I liked the way Mara came in to talk about things, and how they finally decided they should get hooked. And as soon as I read that Luke was only wearing a towel, I knew... [face_laugh] A cute funny viggie. I especially like how you tied the title into the plot. ;)

*huggies*

Don't even think about the Archive mess. I was about ready to go into Killer Leila mode, but decided against it. I [face_love] your ficcies so much, so don't listen to stupidheads. :)

6. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    She started to release me, but I wasn?t about to let it go at that. Taking a fistful of hair, I kissed her roughly, and I felt her nails rake my back in response. ?Mine,? I said, very softly. I?m not letting this go without a fierce fight, and don?t you forget it, I thought.

I had shivers, oba. This is positively wonderful!

*hugs*

-Emmi

7. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Another great one oba. Not that there was any doubt about that. I don't think I have every read anything of yours that wasn't great. :D

8. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    NarundiJedi: [face_laugh] Well, of course. ;) I knew people would figure the ending, once they knew the, ahem, bare facts . . . ;) And thank you, yes, I do intend to continue. :D

Mirax-Jade: Thank you! :D Double thank you! :p

RebelMom: Yep. ;) There's nothing not to be happy about. :p And no, I don't think so . . . though, I figure that I've got a short novel's worth of vignettes, total. :p

LianaMara: Thank you. ;) Tying the title into the plot is the hardest part, sometimes. ;) I mean, having it make sense at all. My plot bunnies are not alwyas extremely cooperative, and give me bunnies that have nothing to do with the title that inspired them. 8-} And aye. ;) How could you not know? [face_mischief]

And thank you again. :) *huggles*

Emmi: Thank you! :D

J_M_Bulldog: [face_blush] You're sweet. ;) And thank you. :D

9. Xander_Kenobi

Xander_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 25, 2003
    great job obaona! :)

10. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Good golly obaona you are just burning thru the viggies! :D

11. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Excellent story once more, oba. I love betaing these. And I liked the little additions you made, too. This one could've even had 'steamy' in the title. ;)

12. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    You picked mine!!! :D :D :D

I actually squealed that out loud when I read the title, you know. Not very dignified for a woman my age! :p

And of course, it was magnificent, as usual. I loved Luke's little possessive surge there and Mara's reaction to it was wonderful.

Oooh, I'm with everyone else--picturing hot, sweaty Luke with just a towel [face_love]

Yep, we knew that towel was coming off.

Now THAT was a huge boost to my self-esteem! Oba, you are the best...I can't wait for more of these!

13. Dancing_Jansons

Dancing_Jansons Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I must agree with the consensus: hot, sweaty Luke in just a towel = mmmm. I'd stutter too. ;)

And...

Taking a fistful of hair, I kissed her roughly, and I felt her nails rake my back in response. ?Mine,? I said, very softly. I?m not letting this go without a fierce fight, and don?t you forget it, I thought.

GREAT, Oba! My favorite part. :)

14. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    ?I?m not arguing,? I said, smiling calmly, while I tried to think of suitable means of revenge.

I have to ask, are we going to get to see the suitable revenge? [face_devil] :p

15. Ireth_Tasartir

Ireth_Tasartir Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2003
    I loved it!!!
    Just as good as the whole Temperature series...
    Would you write more? Please, say yes... :D

Isn't Mara the best EU character? ;)

16. Bri_Windstar

Bri_Windstar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    LMAO!!

Oh that was so cute. Sauna!Luke, someone show AQ 8-}

And one from Luke POV! Yay!! You made him angst! ;)

All very fun, i could see Mara flipping over rumors and bare-chested boyfriends. And it was an interesting premise, i give you that. Heh, a sauna. So long as they both know what they want, and that they are willing to fight for it, then all will be well.

Or at least it will when she gives him the towel back. 8-}

::Windstar Out::

17. KataiJade

KataiJade Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 19, 2002
    that was great!!!

keep em coming, if i think of any cool titles, i will let ya know!!!

KJ

18. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_laugh] That was brilliant oba!!! :D :D I don't know how you do it!

I think I'm gonna go with the majority here and agree that hot sweaty Luke in a towel = [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] *fans her face* ;)

?Just so you remember . . . that this is mine,? she said, and was out of my grip an instant ? with my towel.
    I had a feeling she was gonna do that. [face_mischief]

She looked me up and down with a critical eye, something besides laughter dancing in her eyes. ?I?ll think about it . . . my farmboy.?
    [face_laugh] Poor Luke! :p

Just came up with a couple titles... they probably really suck...
    Ice Shower
    Sizzling
    Scorching Luke

I really don't know where I got them but the last one really seems to suck. lol.

19. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    How did I know she was going to take the towel????

>:) oh yes just like our Mara. . .:D

;)

hmmmmm thought of a name. .. Cool to the Touch. . .

20. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    Well, I'm going to go against the flow.

Hot sweaty Luke in a towel = EEEWW!

Though it might have to do with the fact that I'm a guy :p

21. obaona

Jun 18, 2002
    Xander_Kenobi: Thank you. :)

Shinar: Thanks! I think - :p And I find your choice of words amusing. [face_mischief]

Jedi-2B: I'm glad you approve, even though you had yet more to correct even after I posted . . . :p Thanks again for that! :D And aye, it could have. ;) Has anyone given me a 'steamy' title, though? :p

kayladie97: Good! ;) I don't care if it's not dignified. ;) The Wise Wes Janson said it's not possible to have fun and look dignified. ;) And thank you. :) I was a little worried about Luke's possessiveness, but I'm glad you think it worked. :p And yes, EVERYONE knew. 8-}

Dancing_Jansons: So would I. :p I'm glad you liked that part, I was worried about it being in-character. ;) And thank you! :D

Shinar: Probably at some point. 8-} Though, actually, you could take 'It Got Too Hot' as his revenge. [face_mischief]

Ireth_Tasartir: Did you know she's the most popular? ;) And yes, I intend to continue. And thank you! :D

Bri: *giggles* 8-} And aye, once she gives him the towel back, they can fight anything and be together. [face_mischief] But . . . it might take a while. Hey, wouldn't you?? [face_mischief] And thank you, darling. :D

KataiJade: Thank you. :D

Jaina_and_Jag: Thank you!! :D And I don't know how I do it either. 8-} Do people in here need a fan, or something?? [face_mischief] Goodness. EVERYONE had a feeling she was going to do that. And poor Luke? Well, if you say so. [face_mischief] And hey! You never know what I'll use. Look at kayladie97. ;)

maramijade: That's a good one. :) And yep, that's Mara, all right. [face_mischief] But who wouldn't, in her position? 8-}

Burkie: So imagine it was Mara in his shoes. So to speak. [face_mischief] :cool:

22. Ariapaige

Ariapaige Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2002
    Eeeee :D This is awesome Oba!! And the title is great. my congrats to Kayladie97. Luke, hot and sweaty, in nothing but a towel! This makes my night! :) :D Thanks

;) Paige

23. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Late, but here, oba. :D

?You know, women aren?t really supposed to be in here,? I added cautiously.

*grins* That line amuses me greatly. But see how Mara doesn't smack him? She does love him! [face_love]

And . . . Mara, nearly stumbling over her words at the sight of me? It was too much to pass up.

Luke's about the only one who dares tease her, isn't he? :p

?I love you, you know,? I whispered as I took a step closer

Trust Luke to say 'I love you' for the first time in such an offhand way. :p It's sweet, though. [face_love]

Wonderful job, dear! I love this series so much. :D *thinks hard about titles*

24. Rivad_Bacar

Rivad_Bacar Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 7, 2002
    A sauna... I haven't had a trip to a sauna in a long time!

Hehehe! Ah, young love! [face_love]

Rivad also thinks hard about titles... :D

25. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    So hes in his B-Day suit while shes holding the towel ?

Funny, and that means a lot, as I'm writing this I'm fixing a cut in my hand by heating a pin with a lighter and cauterising it (it just stings a little, I dont know why people think it hurts)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.