main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could cast one celebrity...

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by AdamBertocci, Apr 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neszis

Neszis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    O cmon people, he does NOT have a wooden face. Tell me u didnt think the scene in Mortal Kombat was the best thing ever when he went "the fate of billions rests in your hands, ha hah ha......sorry."

~Neszis~

2. AdmiralMowk

AdmiralMowk Jedi Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Here's my honest take on Christopher Lambert:

Give the man a sword and you got something there.

Give the man some dialogue and you have absolutely nothing.

With the exception of Chris Klein, he is perhaps the most wooden actor alive. I believe someone even tried building a bridge out of him once, but they found his physical body as unreliable as his body of work. I mean, have you SEEN "Beowulf?" Good Lord...I laughed my way through it it was so bad. "Cool As Ice" was better, and if you've seen "Cool As Ice," you know the caliber of Robb Van Winkle's acting ability.

Also, I want to see David Carradine, star of "Death Race 2000" in a Star Wars FanFilm. I mean, he IS "Kung-FU." Now give him a lightsaber and you have one serious Jedi.

Peace Out,

Mark "The Admiral" Rosenthal

3. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Since I don't rent movies that u find in the bottom of a flea market bin, I never saw Death Race 2000. I'd say that Jake Lloyd is the worst actor ever, but lets not go into that. Lambert rocks. He can fight, and I love the way he acts. Sadly, (happily ur making it seem) I have not seen Beowulf. Lambert is my fave actor, and if I could do and All star cast, it would be Lambert, Harrison Ford, and Sean Connery (oh I'll play your game you rogue...yes, I know HE didnt actually say that).

~Neszis~

4. DarkATX

DarkATX Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 14, 2000
    Some of you people don't recall an older movie called Greystoke: The legend of Tarzan?
    That movie was good and very poignant.
    Lambert was the star before his Highlander type-casting set in.
    He did a marvellous job and he carried that film pretty much to the end. Honestly how much acting does it take for a pure out and out action movie?
    Check out Arnold Schwarzenngar's bio to see if he has earned any Oscar nominations lately...(maybe Pumping Iron was his best bet :p )
    Gladiator wasn't an action movie it was an epic like Ben-hur with a greater story behind it unlike Total Recall or Last Action Hero.
    Jake Lloyd bad? :eek: Compared to the two other kids who made it to the final session he was head over heels better...he actually tried improvisation which was something that the rest didn't even think of trying! Take a look at the Starwars.com archive and see for yourself.
    Bad actors/actresses are easy to find because they do win awards and I'll drop you a name. Julia Roberts. Since Mystic Pizza this woman has played it safe throughout her entire carrer. She hasn't played anything outside her Ms.Popularity characters for over a decade and a half (outside of My Best Friend's Wedding which I liked since it was a bit of a stretch for her...and Notting Hill won me over due to the excellent supporting cast). Let her try and do what Denzel, Crowe or even Halle B. did in the last 5 years in terms of playing across the board and I'll grant her respect.
    :::shakes his head at Erin Brockovich:::
    about as convincing as a three dollar bill :(

5. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    I agree with DarkATX. Greystroke was a pretty good movie. And Julia Roberts...I wholeheartedly agree. I think she really needs to try something different.

Neszis: I'm not dissing you. If you like Chris Lambert, you like Chris Lambert. I can't make you change your mind. I just happen to think he isn't all that great. The brother can fight like no other. It's obvious Wesley Snipes in "Blade" and it's superior sequel totally ripped off Lambert, although he did a good job of it. Don't take my Lambert bashing as an attack on you, just as an attack on Lambert. Sorry if I offended you. But seriously, if you wanna see some (unintentionally) funny stuff, rent "Beowulf." It truly is a bad movie, not (solely) because of Lambert, but because they took a great epic tale set thousands of years ago...and made it into some futuristic sci-fi horror movie.

My official verdict on Jake Lloyd: He was better than the other two finalists, true. But come on...I think his performance in "Jingle All The Way" speaks volumes about how bad he was. The only thing that saved that movie was the late-great-Phil Hartman. But hey, at least it wasn't Haley Joel Osment, who lost all respect from me when I found out he was one of the sons on "The Jeff Foxworthy Show," along with the insufferable Jonathan Lipnicki. Did you see their mullets on that show? I think it was a prequel to "American Movie."

And if you have the chance, check out "Death Race 2000" for good, old, campy fun with Sly Stallone, David Carradine, a guy who looks like Christopher Reeves, and a cameo by...George Lucas!!!

Peace Out,

6. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Well said. We both have our own opinions. Now go download Jedi Academy, cuz the post isn't getting any answers... :(

~Neszis~

7. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Wasn't Alan Rickman in "Galaxy Quest" . . . ?

Dantana

8. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Frank Sinatra as Han Solo's father.

To bad ol' Frankie passed away.

:(

~DK~

9. Ptx

Ptx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 19, 2000
    Lucas also has a cameo in Beverly Hills Cop 3.

Pete

10. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    If you could cast one celebrity...

Ben Affleck

11. Jace Taran

Jace Taran Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2000
    I believe Alan Rickman was Dr Lazarus/Alexander Dane in Galaxy Quest.

12. NickLong

NickLong Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2000
    To Jace Taren you listen mmm!?

Speaks the truth he does...

makes a nice change! ;)

anyway,

Nick "Shorty" Long

13. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    If I could cast a celebrity in an SW movie, I'd cast Darren Hayes in a fan film I'm working with Corrin Wyndryder on. Hey, we're even trying as we speak!

Other than that, I'd cast Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in this afrementioned movie.

Dantana

14. Neszis

May 23, 2001
    Sorry Dantana, I believe the guidelines are that you can not have someone already in a SW movie.

OK then, I guess I'd go with Sean Connery as some kind of....god, where WOULD I put him?

~Neszis~

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    Barry Pepper [jackson from Saving Private Ryan]

He would make a good Jedi apprentice

16. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Eh. Well, then, it's a good thing I put down Darren Hayes, huh?

Dantana

17. Alcobra

Alcobra Jedi Youngling

Aug 26, 2002
    I would have to go with Jimmy Fallon as Anakin instead of that snivelling brat Christenson. What a whiny performance he had. Fallon would lend it a little humor, and could perhaps sing a little song for us ;^)
    A.

18. Tedakin

Tedakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2002
    I'd cast that guy who said "That's impossible even for a computer."

19. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Wow, this thread is older than dirt. It was pre-manual sig for me! :eek:

Hmm... for my current fan film RUN LEIA RUN, I'd love to have Franka Potente voice Leia. :D

Rick McCallum loves you!

20. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    I'd cast that guy who said "That's impossible even for a computer." That would be.......Wedge....

Anyway, I'd cast Patrick Stewart, as (obviously) someone with athority (Admiral, Chancellor, Senator, whatever)

For female, I've got to go with Jennifer Garner, the chick off of "Alias" (which is, IMHO, one the best shows on television) As a Jedi.

21. darth_kohai

darth_kohai Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins

'The Kessel Spice Mine Redemption'

Seriously, though, there's two great actors.

22. AdmiralMowk

Jan 13, 2002
    Jimmy Fallon?

JIMMY FALLON!?

The fact that he has gotten as far as he has proves to me that God is mocking us. I mean, this schmuck can't even keep a straight face for an entire sketch. Watch a show and count how often he breaks up. Not to mention his poor characters (all pretty much the same) and his even worse delivery.

But, like, the whole Lambert thing, I can't make you not like Jimmy Fallon. All I can say is that he is widely thought to be one of the worst sketch actors on Earth by professional comedians, and once again shows why SNL hasn't had a truly decent cast since Phil Hartman left.

Have a nice day.

23. sprintfx2

sprintfx2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2002
    jason mewes as the voive for yoda.
    hehe it would be funny seening yoda running around the set with a doobie in his mouth yelling "SNOOCHIE BOOCHIIES hehehe"
    and for padme they should have casted pamela anderson.

24. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    Daft, you should be proud, not sad.

Keanu Reaves, those big, pretty eyes...

25. mongamaul01

mongamaul01 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2001
    I would cast Wesley Snipes as a Sith Lord with an attitude.

-Monga

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.