main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

if you could change 1 thing in EP2 ?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by chunk_the_jawa, Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    what would it be?

2. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    I would cut the space battle between obi and jango and put in more of the tusken camp with anakin killing maybe even him dealing with the jawas to find out where the tusken camp is. But definatly more tusken killings.
    after all the majority of the films return audiance is adult's , kids are more about pokieman and digimon kinda stuff they dont like jar jar or that kinda thing. So I would make it a bit more for the adults.

3. kitarusapien

kitarusapien Former RMFF CR star 6 VIP

Nov 19, 2001
    Shorten the crap between C3PO and R2 in the factory, shorten the fight scene between Obi and Jango, cut out the tick-riding scene on Naboo, the transport scene on Corusant, increase Tusken camp scene, bring in a shadowy vision of Qui Gonn telling Anakin "NO!!!!", and..........oh wait, yu said one thing, huh? FLOL!!!!!!!

4. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
    wow tim we are on the same page all the way with this.

5. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    only two things I can think of right now that i'd change. I'd make the fight between Mace and Jango longer; Jango died way too quick for such a cool character. The other thing would be to make anakin's two-saber thing longer.

6. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Character development, the novel helped us understand how Padme was starting to fall for Anakin, it was just more believable. GL needed to make it not seem like such an impulsive move on her part.

.....and I agree with Tim, he pretty much hit the nail on the head.....

7. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    Worst move GL ever made was to be able to absorb force lightning with a litgh saber!!

Now any plain ole jedi can defend against it!

8. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yea, I don't get that one either, ObiW......

9. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I would take out the Ani/Ami rolling in the grass scene. And since the fireplace scene is so critical, I couldn't take it out, but I would make them use contractions. They only say "I will not" "I can not" "do not" and it seems they're incapable of saying "won't" "I'll" "can't". I hated that. Raaar.

10. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Worst move GL ever made was to be able to absorb force lightning with a litgh saber!!

Now any plain ole jedi can defend against it!

I disagree. I don't think this is something just any ol' jedi apprentice could do. I took it that Obi-Wan surprised Dooku with being able to do this as thought it's not something often seen (and it makes you wonder how OW knows it b/c up till now there haven't been sith for quite some time, and during his encounter with Maul, he never used the lightning). I don't think he was just sticking his lightsaber in the way and it was blocking the lightning, I think he was using the force to channel it into his lightsaber.

Yoda is strong enough to do this with his bare hands, but Obi-Wan is not. When you saw Yoda absorb it did you go "why didn't Obi-Wan" do that? No, because it looked like something only someone with great training and abilities could do (I know you're going to say he deflected it, but the last one he just absorbed).

I really LIKED the part with OW blocking with the lightsaber because it was like, wow, he has grown up since the last movie and he knows a few things...and then it's that much more impressive for Dooku to swat his but like a toddler having a fit.

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i would get rid of soem of the useless crap, liek everyone one mentioned. i want to see more character development.

and yeah yoda absorbed some of the energy. he still had a handful of it and he just closed his hand around it.

12. chunk_the_jawa

Feb 8, 2002
  13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    whats wrong chunk?

14. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    jediDragon

I agree with you on alot of what you said, however, all I am saying is that it diminishes the impact of the lightning attack against Luke, cause he too, If he had his lightsaber in hand could have directed the lightning to his saber.

Then you can say why didn't he call his lightsaber and do that. (Maybe he didn't know how to, popycosh!!)

It simply diminishes the effectiveness of the sith lightning!!

15. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Yea....Sith Lightning is supposed to all the "rage" for advanced Sith, and yet any experienced Jedi with a lighsaber can dispatch it???? It shoulda had more power than that! As for Luke not dealin' with it in that manner, he obviously didn't kno how 'cause he chucked his away after droppin' Daddy!

16. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    You guys are COMPLETELY missing what I'm saying here!

I'm saying that Obi-Wan being able to do this makes HIM SPECIAL. Apparently this isn't something that just anyone who's had a little training in the force can do...Anakin obviously couldn't, and he had TONS more training than Luke did, so OF COURSE Luke's not going to be able to do it. I mean, Obi-Wan is a Jedi Master when he does this...Luke's not even a Jedi KNIGHT yet when he encounters this sith lightning stuff that nobody ever told him about.

What I want to know, is how did Obi-Wan know how to do it if nobody has encountered the Sith for such a long time? Did he start studying up on it after they found out about Maul's existence or something? Is it something that Qui-Gonn taught him? Just makes me wonder...

17. Jedi_Guy16

Jedi_Guy16 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2001
    he could have done some studying on it. really, it's just telekinesis. He grabbed it with the force and focused it onto a certain spot on his lightsaber. Luke was able to grab a "void" in one of the NJO books, and there has been stuff when other jedi moved energy with the force.

18. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    Well, I want to know how he went from not even being able to avoid a Force Push from Maul, to him being able to absorb a Sith Lightning blast with his saber from Tyrannus, who is so skilled as to survive a go with Yoda.......!

19. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    If i was the editor, i would edit out the scenes with Anakin and Padme at Naboo and increase the Clone Wars battles. Star Wars is also known for its indepth battles, and they hardly had any time for the violence for the scene.

Or they could add a space battle in the Clone War scene...i would like that!

20. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    I wanna kno when we get the first glimpse of the X-Wing prototype......!

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    "Well, I want to know how he went from not even being able to avoid a Force Push from Maul, to him being able to absorb a Sith Lightning blast with his saber from Tyrannus, who is so skilled as to survive a go with Yoda.......!"

hmm...well, maybe because it's been TEN YEARS since he faced Maul?! And yeah, Tyranus survived Yoda, but only just, and it's not like Obi-Wan made some huge stand against Tyranus...HE GOT SPANKED! He just happened to get that one good movie in for the most part.

22. kitarusapien

Nov 19, 2001
    My point exactly!!!! Even with ten years under his belt, he gets spanked by T....but only after he STOPS his lightning??????? Talk about yur anomolies!!!!!

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    lol, he's not perfect. He knows some stuff, but Tyranus was just too much for him with a lightsaber...Tyranus held his own against Yoda w/ the lightsaber, so...I mean...duh, right? Of course he's gonna spank Obi-Wan in lightsaber combat. But Obi-Wan does have some tricks up his sleeve with the force.

24. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, I'll leave the saber debate to you guys, because I can see valid points in both arguements.

My edit job would include the following:

Family stuff would be put back - I think these scenes show the side of Padme everyone was looking for. Not the emotionless leader and politico, but the real Padme, the one who mourns for children and tries to protect her parents from worry and who relishes in her family time. W/ that stuff, you can see why she feels that she must work to improve the Republic.

Cow-Tick Scene - Now, I do believe the meadow scene was important. It showed that they were becoming familiar w/ one another and that she could have fun as well. But the shameless "Sound of Music" aspect of the scene was pointless and I think it detracted from the importance of the meadow scene. We don't need yet another scene that shows Anakin being playful (there's plenty of that).

Seismic Charges - One was enough, and more than that was so they could use that really cool effect, nothing else. That time could have been used to show more of the crafts' abilities as well as the pilots'. W/ those, it just seemed like cheap tricks. I expected more from Jango myself.

Coruscant Chase Scene - Please, way too long. Cut that bad boy down by at least a minute or two. Also, the street scene that followed the crash. It was too drawn out, just so they could show off the set and fit some more extras into the shots (very gratuitous if you ask me). It slowed the whole thing down and made it anti-climatic. Sort of like, "Oh wait, I guess we're done w/ that now."

Anakin's Dream - Sorry Sarah, but that scene is way too disturbing for my tastes. There were other ways to get the dream stuff in. Maybe if I had seen the Transport Ship dream scene, I would have like that better, but this one just felt forced.

Fireplace Scene - Needed to be restored to the way it was in the book. I think this scene suffered from really bad directing and editing.

Tusken Slaughter Admission Scene - I liked the IMAX edit, but still wanted to hear the full book version. I felt that the book version made it more plausible for Padme to react the way she did. W/o that "extra" dialogue, I think that it makes her response to his admission unbelievable.

But as you can tell, most of that had to do w/ character development, which is what I found lacking big time in this movie. Just look at ESB, there was mega character work in that movie. It was in that movie that I actually liked Han (thought he was a booger in the first movie), and it was all because of the character stuff.

I do, for a change, happen to agree w/ Miccu. I thought this was SPACE Opera. Where are the Space battles? They could have done so much more w/ the Jango/Obi space battle scene.

There is that what you were looking for Chunk? :)

25. Miccu_Resea

Miccu_Resea Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    Thanks...Jen... :p

I agree with you too, except for the Seismic charges thing. it adds a good effect, and although i wanted more skills from the pilots, the siesmic charges were a great aspect of the movie.

Jen...he is a bounty hunter...and bounty hunters use every cheap thing in the book to get their job done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.