main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could change anything in Episode I and II what would it be?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Calamitous, Jun 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Calamitous

Darth-Calamitous Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    First off I'd start with not only taking out Jar Jar Binks, but the whole Gungan storyline altogether. As for what would replace the Gungans, I'm not sure, maybe Wookies?

I know the Wookie planet is meant to be completely covered in thick jungle, but maybe it could be a Wookie settlement on Naboo, half and half.. but as I said before, I don't really know what I'd replace the Gungans with.

- I would change the actor who played Anakin in Episode I, while he wasn't too bad, they could have found someone better for sure.

- I would make Padme, Qui Gon, and Obi Wan have more emotion in their acting.

- I would change the result of the Obi Wan and Darth Maul fight, so Darth Maul loses his lightsabre (after killing Qui Gon) and flees - to return in Episode 2, replacing the assassin sent to kill Padme. Obi Wan would kill Maul without the help (or much help) from Anakin.

- I would make the pod racing section of the movie a little shorter

I could go on with more, but those are the main things I would change.

Your thoughts?

Strilo edit: Please check the forum index thread. We have several threads like this already.

2. YodaOz

YodaOz Jedi Master star 1

May 24, 2005
    I would change the result of the Obi Wan and Darth Maul fight, so Darth Maul loses his lightsabre (after killing Qui Gon) and flees - to return in Episode 2, replacing the assassin sent to kill Padme. Obi Wan would kill Maul without the help (or much help) from Anakin.

No! The whole point of having an unknown assassin is that there is mystery surrounding who the bounty hunter is and who they are working for.

If Obi-wan killed Maul at the beginning of AOTC then there would be no mystery, no finding Kamino and the Clones, no finding Jango Fett, and no finding the Seperatist plot on Geonosis.

You would change everything!

3. Darth-Calamitous

Darth-Calamitous Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Good point - originally I had written something along the lines of;

I would change the result of the Obi Wan and Darth Maul fight, so Darth Maul loses his lightsabre (after killing Qui Gon) and flees - to return in Episode 2, for a fight in the opening scenes, where he is struck down by Obi Wan with little help from Anakin

Although, that would be a little too similar to what happens in Episode 3... Well, I'm no movie maker :p

I would have liked to see Darth Maul come back in Episode II though.. he died far too quickly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.