main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could change anything in the PT, what would you change?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RogueJediOutcast, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueJediOutcast

RogueJediOutcast Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2005
    If you could change anything in the PT, what would you change?

2. DarthExarkon

DarthExarkon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2005
    Qui-Gon should'nt of died.

3. theBluePhoenix

theBluePhoenix Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    This has been asked before and my answer is still the same: I would change the director.

4. RogueJediOutcast

May 31, 2005
    Sorry, I didnt know it was already posted.

5. The-D

The-D Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2005
    Without the Director, this forum wouldn't exist.

6. ohwise1

ohwise1 Jedi Youngling

May 26, 2005
    1. Anakin should have been older in the Phantom menace, its too hard to think of Jake Lloyd and Hayden Christensen as the same person

2. The obvious, no Jar Jar

3. Tone down the special effects, just because they are available dont milk it

4. Yoda is boring unless he's fighting he should have been more quirky.

5. They should have let Sam L be a stormtrooper just like he wanted

6. The Clone armys technology is amazing compared to the imperial armys, Why? I know things were more run down in the OT but there is no reason why that should happen to the Imperial army.

7. Less politics, TPM should have been based on how the clone wars started

8. I'd love to change the love scenes they are unwatchable sreiously

9. Probably would have found someone better than Christensen, he's not bad. Its just that in ROTS when he has joined the dark side he is still just a whiney teenager

10. No Threepio, he was awful in the PT, he should have met R2 on the Tantive I at the end of ROTS

7. RogueJediOutcast

May 31, 2005
    Christensen is not bad, just try to see yourself or someone els saying those lines

8. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    This thread has been started before, but since I don't know where the other one went...

To answer the question, simple: Yoda with a lightsaber is just wrong.

9. Darth_Ejit

Darth_Ejit Jedi Youngling

May 17, 2005
    Episode 1 = The story being a mixture of TPM and AOTC
    Episode 2 = A movie version of The Clone Wars animation series
    Episode 3 as it is

10. Dan-akin

Dan-akin Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    Qui Gon wouldn't die... and there would be more of a love story between Anakin and Padme

11. zillas_revenge2

zillas_revenge2 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2005
    Amidala only fights while fully nude.

12. zillas_revenge2

May 19, 2005
    I wouldn't have chosen a female lead who is a dead-ringer for the love of my life who I lost (break-up, not death). Very hard to watch the Padme scenes, especially when her hair is down-hope I haven't shared too much.

13. Darth-Tater

Darth-Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    Give Yoda the classic laugh,
    More Scenes of Padme like the AOTC action ones,
    Puppet Yoda in Episode one gone,
    Save Qui Gon Jinn,
    More of Padme in revealing - skintight white outfits,

14. Darth_Ares-Lido

Darth_Ares-Lido Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2005
    Save Qui-Gon?

As soon as I saw him with Anakin I knew he would die. Obi-Wan trains Anakin, if Qui-Gon had lived... well there goes episodes 3456.

15. sepharih

sepharih Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2005
    Remove the Slapstick comedy around Jar jar and give him a "purpose" in EP1.

16. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Ditch TPM in favor of reworking Clones as Episode I. Episode II would flesh out Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationship during a significant Clone Wars adventure.

17. Lord_Of_Sith

Lord_Of_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2005
    Dooku in TPM. It would be easy - Liam & Chris Lee for 1 day on a green screen stage. CG the room. Have it in the Jedi Temple when QUJ & Co. are on Coruscant. Just to better introduce Dooku. The 'man of mystery' thing never worked - just junk it & let us see some more of him.

- OR -

Qui Gonn's voice in ROtS. But I'd be loathe to change 'Sith' in any way - the ROtS score is the least tampered with of the prequels - I'd hate to see the last 10 minutes ruined by a stupid loop thrown in to estend the Yoda meditating scene.

18. Darth-Tater

Darth-Tater Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2005
    I liked Qui Gon, he was great. I think he should have been kept around for a bit more. He went out to easy.

19. Jedi_Knight_Athos

Jedi_Knight_Athos Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    The Phantom Menace

1. Anakin has a premonition of Qui-Gon's death, then he begs Qui-Gon not to return to Naboo. Sets up the future premonitions he'll have of his mother and Padme.

2. Dooku is on the Jedi Council. He doesn't want Anakin to be trained and Mace Windu readily agrees.

3. One or two scenes of Anakin interacting with Obi-Wan, trying to be a friend, asking why Obi-Wan hates him.

4. A less clumsy Jar Jar Binks.

Attack of the Clones

1. General Grievous! just like he was in Clone Wars.

2. Battle of Genosis: Grievous leads the Droid army into battle against Mace Windu, the Jedi and the Clone army.

3. Examples of Anakin's power as the Chosen One: The Jedi knights idolize him. Mace and the Jedi Council look on with jealousy. Yoda looks on with uncertainty.

4. Grievous vs. Mace and Jedi. Several Jedi are killed. Mace's skills force Grievous to retreat. That and Clone Wars are why Mace calls Grievous a coward in ROTS.

5. Anakin & Obi-Wan vs. Count Dooku. Extended saber duel. Anakin gets to do more of the two handed swordplay, his right arm is still cut off by Dooku.

6. Yoda leads the Jedi in the arena, and meets Padme on the desert sands. Yoda never fights Dooku.

7. Anakin and Padme have had a secret correspondence since TPM.

Revenge of the Sith.

1. General Grievous remains a deadly threat. Complains about his injury caused by Mace in Clone Wars.

2. Anakin & Padme exchanging names for their child. Anakin wants to name the boy (if it's a boy) after Qui-Gon Jinn. Padme objects and wants to name it Luke. "Luke Skywalker?" Anakin muses with a grin.

3. As the premonitions of Padme's death become more intense and Palpatine's influence wears him down, Anakin goes to Obi-Wan and tells his master of his intentions of leaving the Jedi and returning to Naboo with Padme (as her bodyguard). Obi-Wan tells Anakin that he can't leave because he's the Chosen One. "Then why do you and the Council treat me so harshly?" Anakin cries "What do you want from me? Tell me what it is you want and I'll do it!" Eventually, Obi-Wan convinces Anakin to stay.

4. Now Darth Vader, Anakin kills Jedi Knights as he works his way to the Council Room. I know a scene of this was on the surveillence tape, but I don't know if the audience noticed it.

5. Grievous leads the Droid army into battle against Obi-Wan and the Clone army. The Obi-Wan/Grievous duel starts out with the showdown originally filmed, but Grievous doesn't loose his limbs so quickly. Obi-Wan loses his saber, but kills Grievous with a blaster shot. The clonetroopers turn on Obi-Wan when he goes to retrieve his lightsaber.

6. Shaak Ti survives (I've heard her death was filmed).

7. Anakin catches Padme after he chokes her with the Force.

20. -nada-

-nada- Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2004
    I agree with Darth Ejit :) Sounds like a great idea to me.

21. RurouniKJS

RurouniKJS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 4, 2005
    Leaving aside the obvious stuff (Lucas getting another director, getting better script docs, less stupid Jar Jar, better love story in AOTC):

TPM

--cut out one of the fish attacks.

--Death of Maul is re-edited slightly so that when Obi lands, instead of seeing Obi rear back and then swing we only see him swing the instant he lands. And with that split-second edit, Maul's death becomes much more plausible.

AOTC

--In the scene where Ani tells Padme he has to find his mom, edit out him saying "I'm sorry, I don't have a choice" after Padme says she'll go with him.

--Add a scene where we see Anakin speeding away from the smoldering ruins of the Tusken camp.

--In the funeral scene, after Ani swears "I won't fail again," cut straight to Artoo's arrival.

--Rewrite the "I've given up trying to argue with you" scene. Let's see a little more warmth there.

ROTS

--Add/restore scene where Obi has to dodge man-eating beasts on Utapau, because ROTS is the only -- ONLY -- SW movie without a scene where the heroes nearly get eaten by something. And that just shouldn't BE!

22. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    The Phantom Menace

1. Remove the Gungans and replace them with a race not so stupid and irritating.
    2. Get rid of the pod race. It's a video game promotion.
    3. Less infantile humour - fart kokes spring to mind, but there are others.
    4. Dooku on the council.
    5. Lose the undersea monsters scene. Pointless and unconvincing.

Attack Of The Clones

1. Get someone to rewrite the love scenes!
    2. Clone Wars action a la the cartoon series.

Revenge Of The Sith

1. Put someone bigger inside the Vader suit, so he doesn't look so much like Dark Helmet.
    2. Have Padme die of the force choke, not because she lost the will to live. A mother would find motivation in the fact that her children have just been born.

All of them

1. Yoda's personality more even, to match his OT character.
    2. Choosier use of CGI. No CGI just to show off eg Dooku flip and that ridiculous thing Anakin rides(not Padme)in AOTC.

23. Auximines

Auximines Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2005
    No Jar-Jar (obviously)
    MORE TARKIN DAMMIT! One lousy scene at the very end, standing on the bridge of a star destroyer? He doesnt even have any lines! Even some more scenes of him just looming in the background would have sufficed.
    I honestly think George went WAYYYY overboard on the effects. Yes, theyre very nice and eyecatching, but it makes for a real continuity problem when watching all 6 in a row. Especially light saber duels. They go from the PT duesl, with flips anf insane techniques, blades flying at warp speed to the OT where they are very slow and lumbering affairs.
    Other than that, I love all 6 movies.

24. zillas_revenge2

May 19, 2005
    IN ROTS, Anakin should be forced with the choice of a red pill or a blue pill.

25. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    All too easy, no more Jar Jar. Or, make him less of a pest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.