main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could change anything in the PT, what would you change?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by RogueJediOutcast, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I would show Jar Jar at the jedi temple and try to stop Anakin from killing the younglings only to get killed himself.

2. padawan-yoda

padawan-yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    add count dooku to TPM and make yoda CG for TPM

add a couple of lines were palpatine or dooku talks about darth maul in AOTC or ROTS

show how dooku joins palpatine

add the battle scene were grievous invades coruscant and captures palpatine, I know they made it for "the clone wars" but it would be nice to see in ROTS

explain more of grievous' origins

make grievous tougher and give him more action, even though I liked his character I felt a little let down at the small amount of saber dueling he did in the movie and he didnt seem as tough as he did in the "clone wars"

3. Loudbull

Loudbull Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005

To answer the question, simple: Yoda with a lightsaber is just wrong.[/quote]

Why is a muppet Jedi with a saber wrong?

I would change the scenes between Padme and Anakin to be better and not cheesy. "I can't breethe." Seriously. Choose better words people.

4. Aeneas_Falco

Aeneas_Falco Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Here is what I would change, any feedback would be appreciated...either positive or negative. :)

Firstly I'd throw out the "rule of two" for all the films, and have Sidious have more than one Sith apprentice. Maul & Dooku would be the major Sith characters, but I'd have a dozen or so
    lesser Sith characters much like the lesser characters on the Jedi Council. I'd have a small number of these survive the prequels so I could feature them in the TV series.

In the TV series I'd have these Sith survivors killed off by a combination of the heroes of the series (survivors of Order 66) and Vader. I'd have the "rule of two" insituted by none other than Sidious near the end of the series, his prized pupil Vader being his chosen one. The heroes of course would also die off one by one in the series, either by combat with Vader, stormtroopers, bountyhunters, or the other Sith survivors.

The Phantom Menace

1. Make the overall atmosphere for the movie a little dark, and throw out the lighthearted kids movie atmosphere and all the slapstick humor.

2. Portray Anakin's life as a slave as if it is actually difficult. The seeds of his future downfall should be shown here. No cute Anakin...replace Jake Lloyd with a kid that can act. Make the character's atmosphere darker, he should come across at times as being sad & w/ a lot of angst over his lot in life.

3. Shorten the pod race. Get rid of all the childish humor surrounding it, including the two-headed announcer that sounds like a modern sports commentator.

4. No immaculate conception. Anakin has a father who also was a slave, but who has died when the boy was very young. Have Shmi tell them he was killed in a Tusken Raider attack.

5. No midichlorians. I like the force and how it is harnessed being a little more mysterious.

6. No C3PO or R2, or at least no connection to Anakin. Maybe I'd make them Bail Organa's droids and give them a cameo in RotS. That would make much more sense than giving them a connection to Anakin.

7.Revamp the gungans. Give them a totally different look so they don't look so silly. Make them as intelligent as humans or any other race in the Star Wars universe. No slapstick or childish humor.

8. Revamp the character of Jar Jar. There is nothing wrong with our fearless Jedi meeting a local who guides them, but make the character someone cool, not a mindless buffoon like Jar Jar. No slapstick or childish humor.

9. More character development for Darth Maul, though I'd still kill him off at the end. I wouldn't reveal any Sith except for Darth Maul & Sidious as of yet.

10. Don't make Anakin the hero in this movie, that comes later. He should just be a scared kid being tugged around by Obi Wan & Qui Gon. In other words, he doesn't fly snubfighters and doesn't destroy droid control ships.

11. Make the battle droids seem intimidating, no silly lines like, "Roger, Roger."

12. Have Qui Gon & Obi Wan rescue Shmi from slavery along with Anakin.

13. Make the Jedi Council more insistent on its initial refusal to train Anakin, fueling future resentment. Dooku hasn't fallen to the dark side yet and makes a cameo on the council. He supports Anakin being trained.

Attack of the Clones

1. Get rid of the battledroids. They are gone after TPM.

2. Have the Clone Wars start early in the film, rather than at the end. Dooku appears earlier as well, except as the Sith we know.

3. Relationships and marriage aren't forbidden by the Jedi. Relationships between Jedi & politicians are. Instead I'd have it a part of the Jedi code that they are supposed to be divorced from any involvement or entanglement in Senatorial politics, and have that the reason why Anakin & Padme keep their relationship a secret.

4. Don't make the clonetroopers the predecessors of the stormtroopers. Instead, I'd have the concept of cloning a dark side act, since only the force is supposed to create life. Also, cloning humans for the sole purpose of fighting and dying is a form of slavery. (so no Jedi commanding them) The clonetroope

5. HowardFilms

HowardFilms Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2005
    Amidala only fights while fully nude

Best idea anyone has posted so far...

6. adon_real

adon_real Jedi Youngling

Jun 21, 2005
    The Phantom Menace

- Remove two-headed podrace announcer
    - Anakin has a premonition of Qui-Gon's death (stealing this from someone else...great idea)

Attack of the Clones

- Remove stupid '50s diner scene
    - Use CG to add some more interesting aliens and background life to the Coruscant street and nightclub scenes...more non-humanoid aliens, more interesting atmosphere (the EU has done a way better job of making Coruscant interesting than the movies have).
    - Clones don't all have a New Zealand accent (why would they??)
    - Fix crappy CG in parts (any time someone is riding an animal or jumping on/off of something, for instance)

Revenge of the Sith

- Stealing someone else's idea again, but I think having Anakin and Padme discuss baby names during the hair brushing scene was a great idea and would make the end sadder
    - Change the "NOOOOOOO!" scene so it doesn't make the audience laugh
    - Add in Qui-Gon explaining his new discoveries about the Force to Yoda...and have him explain how midichlorians are nowhere near as important as he originally thought, and that this discovery has lead him to a greater appreciation of the Living Force, which allows him to return as a force ghost
    - No Death Star at the end of the movie. I like Aeneas_Falco's idea of an Imperial shipyard instead.

7. Lyvia

Lyvia Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 2, 2005
    How could I forget those god awful midichlorians, that had to be the stupidest crap Ive ever heard in a star wars movie. Not only is Darth Vader the #1 bad guy but he's also Jesus :rollseyes:
    I really like the idea of jedi being allowed to be married but not with politicians that makes better sense and sounds good. Did I mention that Padme wouldnt die of a broken heart?!?! :mad:

8. colivo

colivo Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 25, 2004
    The Phantom Menace

No Jar Jar, you can use the gungans in the final battle though

More serious tone, like the originals, let the jokes flow with the scene, don't make them stick out.

Shorten the Pod Race by a lap

Don't have Anakin shoot out the main droid center by accident, have a little tension leading up to it.

Don't have Anakin be the maker of C-3PO, that it is too coincidental

Get rid of that 2 headed announcer

No Jar Jar ( I know I said it before, but it must be said again)

Attack of the Clones

Better dialogue for the love scenes. I know love scenes are tough to write, but some of them are just plain cringeworthy, especially the fireplace scene.

I thought Anakin should have told Padme he is the chosen one in the movie, and have that statement seem like it is going to his head.

Get rid of Dex at the diner, and have ObiWan meet a cooler character to get the Kamino information off of.

Re-do the scene where Anakins mom dies in his arms. For some reason that wasn't as emotional as should be.

Take out all of the C-3PO one liners during the Geonisis battle. It hurts the seriousness of the Clone Wars when you have C-3PO making irrelevant one-liners.

Put back in from the deleted scenes of Anakin meeting Padme's parents, the funeral in ROTS would be more haunting.

Revenge of the Sith

Have the fans never know how Padme dies. Make us wonder whether it was from childbirth or choking from Anakin, not from losing the will to live!

Put in Yoda flying to Dagobah

Put in the supposed Qui-Gon Jim scene talking to Yoda

Put in atleast one scene where Padme is beginning the rebellion with Mon Mothma to give a good parallel with the original trilogy

Re-do the turn scene after Anakin pledges his allegiance to Sidious. I know so many people who just don't find that believable. Have him show some anger, that is what the dark side does to you.

9. O-Siri

O-Siri Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2005
    More of Padme!!!!! and less of Gungans. Plus a bit more moments of Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon together.

10. Drunk_Vader

Drunk_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    I haven't seen TPM or AOTC in a while, so I may get confuse a part of TPM to be a part of AOTC, and vice-versa.

TPM:
    -First off, Jar-Jar can stay, but make his voice a bit.. less high-pitch, and change his lines. No more slapstick humor.

-Replace the Yoda-puppet with the CG-version they used in EP. II and III.

-Make Boss-Nass more like the rest of the Gungans.

-Get someone older to play Anakin.

-Screw the podrace, if the gang needs a ride off of Tatooine, I want to see 'em steal a ship. They don't need to be evil about or anything, just find a way to get rid of the podrace.

-Get rid of the Droidekas. I hate how a droid can over-power a Jedi.

AOTC:

-Give the Clones more Stormtrooper-like helmets.

-Explain who Sifo-Dyas was, and how/why he was murdered.(I think this was mentioned in one of the books, but I'd have liked it to be in the movie.)

-Change the Anakin-Padme love scenes.. ugh.

ROTS:

-Have Padme die because of Anakin's force-choke, not because she didn't want to live.

-When Mace goes to arrest Palpatine, either have the Jedi with him put up more of a fight, or just get rid of them and have it Mace VS. Palpatine the whole time.

-Change the "NOOOOOOOOO!" scene at the end to something more.. quiet. Something like.. "I.. I can't believe it.. what have I done.."

11. ZachH

ZachH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Jar Jar gone and replaced by a less annoying cg character.

Anakin a bit older and not so Trying to do the big boy voice for Episode I.

Puppet Yoda gone replace by a cg yoda like the one in rots make yoda abit more quirky and eccentric less serious personality like epV-VI.

Remove the Gungans and replace them with a species that is not so stupid and irritating.

Over all though I am very happy with the pt and I am glad GL made them they are all very entertaining.

12. superg

superg Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    Ok I'll take my crack at it.

TPM: The two things, yes I said only two things I would change about this movie are first, those damn mid-chlorians. I think it would have been perfectly acceptable for Qui-Gonn to have simply been overwhelmed by the power of the force that he felt after meeting Anakin. Use it to show how in tune to the force he is and how unique Anakin is.
    Second, is the moronic Gungan vs. Droids final battle. When the characters can roll around and fly through the air and their weapons look like bowling bowls with fireflies in them it just doesn't look like a serious action movie. It looks like a cartoon made for a five year old. Oh, and I lied, one other thing change Anakin's destroying of the Federation ship from an accident to an act of aggression against those threatining the people he cares about, like Padme.

AOTC: My changes here would be mostly incidental. I like the movie choppy the way it is, I think it is intentional. Definately though, more Dooku, less stupid love lines, and for the love of all that is good, get rid of threepio completely. His action both in the droid factory and during the Jedi fight is just stupid, just like the action at the end of TPM.

ROTS: The two major difficulties here for me are the dailogue and the inability for the climactic scenes to climax. It's as if the movie goes limp when it's time to perform. The two scenes most in need of help are Anakin's fall, and the speech before the duel. Anakin has to want to turn to the dark side in order for it to be convincing. We know why Luke doesn't succomb to the darkside, he chooses the good over the evil. Anakin just seems like there was nothing better to do so why not go kill a bunch of younglings. He has to believe that killing the Jedi will give him power, the power to save Padme. I don't feel that. With regards to the speech at the end, that is mostly, Hayden's fault. If you can't say something mencaing without a high-pitched whiney voice than don't say something menacing at all.

Overall I think that George Lucas had such a golden opportunity with these films and a pre made audience ready to go. I think he dropped the ball when he had all the resources he could have asked for. I think in a rush to make the films, he forgot to realize the immortality of the movies and that any mistakes would last forever. I think a little more consultation and a little less computerization may have given these films the treatment they deserved.

"Not this Crude Matter"

13. LATOPADEYOR

LATOPADEYOR Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    I would like to say first off that this is not a flame of anyone, and I realize that this is for fun, and is all in the name of discussion, etc, etc. But there is one point that I would liek to make.

It is not yours to change.... Create your own story/universe, etc... and then change it any way you see fit, it is not for you to change something that is not yours. GL and others involved in Star wars made things the way they are and it is the only way they could ever be...period.

14. DarthDannyboy

DarthDannyboy Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2005
    TPM
    Introduced Dooku for a scene or two
    Have Qui-Gon give Obi-Wan a little look before he went against Maul solo, like Obi-Wan gave Luke before Vader offed him.

AoTC
    Yoda not using his lightsaber until Ep. III, but since it was in, I would not have Dooku verbally challenge him.
    Not showing Anakin leap to block Dooku's shot on Obi-Wan. I would have Dooku swing and suddenly show Anakin's saber blocking him.

RoTS
    Have more time pass between Eps. II and III.
    Of course added a Qui-Gon ghost scene.
    GG would have been more hardcore and wouldn't have run.
    There would have been four troopers to take out Yoda. While he takes out two, have Chewie and Tarful open up a can on the others. Maybe rip some arms out of their sockets.

15. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    The order in which Luke and Leia were born.

16. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    i don' like the open rmonatical scenes in new , wish they were kind of romantic like in the old t

17. battlewars

battlewars Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    make the jedi less boring. get rid of all that no attachment bull****. make anakin a spice navigator before obi wan finds him to fight in the clone wars. make the clone wars be the centerpiece of all 3 films. use real models for the spaceships. give the films a more rugged look less cg look. no jar jar type cg aliens. a more breakneck pace to the story. no sappy romantic one liners. a few of these suggestions wouldn't have hurt george

18. jedimonkie

jedimonkie Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2005
    i would have liked it if Darth Maul hadn't died until the end of AOTC or ROTS, and he was the iconic bad guy of the PT, like Vader is of the OT. it would have been cool to see his character fleshed out more.

19. Darth_Ambitious

Darth_Ambitious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2004
    Anakin wouldn't be Jesus, I mean the Chosen One. This really ruined the PT for me and many others.

I know George loves mythology but this is a bit much and unoriginal at best.

20. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    Attack of the Clones:

Remove Jocasta Nu, the worst character from the entire saga, completely from Attack of the Clones. Otherwise, make her Palpatine's (or Dooku's)secret mistress and show her deleting the system from the library database and thereby give her ineptitude as a librarian a reason (i.e. she has gone over to the dark side and is lying to Kenobi). Also you could have a real creepy love scene with her and Palpatine--that would be gnarly!

Revenge of the Sith:

Have a very graphic scene of Anakin slicing Jocasta Nu into tiny pieces when he kills the Jedi in the Temple. Then have him bring her pieces to Palpatine, who gets furious (as in my version she is his lover) and attacks Anakin, mutilating him and cutting off his limbs in his rage, forcing him to where the Vader suit.

21. thebachelor

thebachelor Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2005
    TPM:

- Rewrite Jar-Jar's introduction of himself ("Mesa named Jar-Jar Binks. Mesa your humble servant"). I think these lines turned many viewers against him almost as soon as he had appeared.
    - Include waterfall scene.
    - Spend more time directing Jake Lloyd, making Anakin a more interesting character.
    - Include "I'm going to marry you" dialogue -- no matter how bizarre or badly delivered, it's priceless as foreshadowing. Get John Williams to score it with a very quiet version of "Across the Stars".
    - Include stronger version of Anakin/Greedo fight scene, emphasizing Anakin's dark side. If possible, introduce idea from Brooks' novelization that Anakin's real reason for fighting Greedo is his anguish at Padme's impending departure from Tatooine (very powerful foreshadowing).
    - Use more emotional takes of Anakin's farewell scenes with his mother.
    - Remove Qui-Gon/Darth Maul fight on Tatooine. Too abrupt, too awkwardly placed in the film's structure.
    - Make Anakin more proactive in final battle. If this nine-year-old is supposed to be one of the heroes of the movie, and if young viewers are supposed to identify with him, he shouldn't be launched into battle by accident -- he should purposely fly the starfighter up into the battle, using the excuse that he's not leaving the cockpit.
    - Make Jar-Jar more conventionally heroic in final battle, rather than helping defeat the droids through his clumsiness. This would give him a more satisfying character arc.
    - Consider having Threepio accompany Anakin off Tatooine (isn't he Anakin's property, at least until Anakin becomes a Jedi?), and turn up working for Padme in AotC, rather than staying with Shmi all those years. Not only would this help solve the "Owen should recognize Threepio" problem in ANH, but Threepio's role in TPM is not nearly large enough given his supposed importance to the Saga. TPM results in Artoo achieving ascendance over Threepio in importance in the Saga as a whole.

22. wcleere

wcleere Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2002
    Personally I wouldn't change much, but if I was given the task....

TPM: No toilet humour of any kind.
    No "Exsqueeze me."
    Only one head for the Podracing announcer, and he doesn't speak English.
    Take Boss Nass's performance down a peg or two.

AOTC: NO TRACKED MUSIC!

ROTS: Explain why Leia remembers Padme. Don't leave it for me to interpret.
    Make the exterior of the Tantive IV look somewhat like the Tantive IV.

Other than that....I can't complain.:D =D=

23. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    AOTC: NO TRACKED MUSIC!

No tracked music :confused:

24. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Digitally replace Natalie Portman with one of the puppet ladies from Team America, so there will be more emotion on Padme's face.

25. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    Everything about the way Lucas did it was dead on, except it was all a little flat.

As in 2-dimensional.

If I could change anything, I would rework the movies into 3-D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.