main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could construct your own soundtrack for RotS....

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jedi Greg Maddux, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    What songs would it include, and why?

I'm going mostly with a metal theme - cacophony to most, but hey, it's my list. :p

1) Supernova Goes Pop - Powerman 5000. Has to has to, has to be included IMHO. The lyrics uncannily describe Anakin:

Are you the future
    Or are you the past
    Have you been chosen
    Or are you the last
    The pictures were sent
    They seem so unreal
    Now I'm made of plastic wire and steel

2)Warlords - Dropkick Murphys. I'd say it would be the recruiting theme song of the Sith, describing how they've watched Anakin, know his strengths and weaknesses, and how badly they want Anakin to join them.

3)Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne. It would describe the Clone War, how the Republic and Separists keep fighting to a stalemate, but really people on both sides simply want it all to end and have peace.

4)Run To The Hills - Iron Maiden. It would describe the return (or revenge, rather) of the Sith, how the Jedi fought a losing battle against them for the past 13 years.

5)Would - Alice In Chains. I'd say it would be a good song illustrating the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Anakin would be trying to get Obi-Wan to see his point of view, and if he was in Ani's shoes, would he have done the same thing?

6)Rise - Pantera. Describes the Sith order to a T - their will to dominate the galaxy with hatred, aggression, and fear.

7)Rusty Cage - Soundgarden. It can be interpreted two ways - how Anakin is fed up with the Jedi Order, how they wouldn't let him help him fix the galaxy as they are too arrogant and full of themselves. Anakin clearly sees this and confides in Palpatine. With his "guidance" he finally snaps and turns against his former mentors. Also, he talks about turning against Palpatine and ruling the galaxy with Padme and make things "right".

8)Another One Bites the Dust - Queen. The fall of Anakin and the birth of Darth Vader. 'Nuff said.

2. Calamarian

Calamarian Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2005
    I would add the industrial metal band Ministry`s NWO to the list to describe the Clone War and the poltical chaos in the Senate scenes(which of course facilitates Palpatine`s cosolidation of power).

3. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Iron Maiden's Flash of the Blade for the duel.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Oh sweet.

I'm definitely going to submit some songs later on.

You could throw in the Smiths' "Half a Person" for Anakin.[face_laugh]

"Lovers in a Dangerous Time" by Bruce Cockburn (or covered by the Barenaked Ladies).

5. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    "Vampire Love" by Ash could fit Anakin and Padme.

"Clones" by Ash could make a comeback as the Clone Theme after it's use in Republic Commando

6. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Frank Sinatra's "It was a very good year" for the Jedi (except for Anakin)

- O_F

7. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    "Streamline", by System of a Down.

I love SOAD, but I think their music really fits the craziness of ROTS - the various tempos and emotions.

Streamline has a chorus/end that has a kind of back-and-forth singing, something like A: "You are gone" B: "I wasn't there for you" A: "Goodbye, so long" B: "I wasn't there for you."

Just reminds me of Obi-Wan and Anakin.

8. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I know this one's strange, but Alien Ant Farm's (and yes, I know it's a cover) "Smooth Criminal" made me think of Episode III even long before it came out.

Annie are you okay
    You okay
    You okay, Annie?

You've been hit by,
    You've been struck by,
    A smooth criminal

C'mon, admit it. At least that much of it fits. :p

9. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    I can only think of oine at the mo:
    Athlete-Wires for the 'Birth' of Darth Vader.

Edit: Can we say 're-edit' some of the film to fit our music? If cos I'd have Queen- Another One Bites The Dust for the Order 66 scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.