main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO If you could create one Star Wars game with unlimited resources, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Cevan, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Obie-2-Kenobi

Obie-2-Kenobi Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 18, 2008
    Grand Theft Auto Coruscant Stories

2. Son of a Bith

Son of a Bith Jedi Master star 4

Feb 28, 2013
    I just want a convincing lightsaber simulator.

That and a new space sim, like X-Wing, but open-world. Something like the old Wing Commander: Privateer games. One where you could buy and customize your own freighter and direct your own career as a smuggler, mercenary, whatever.

rincewind86 and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    One behemoth of a game centered on the Golden Age of the Sith and the Great Hyperspace War, 5000 years before the OT.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a game where I get to play as Lobot and solve mysteries alongside the Ice Cream Man.

5. rincewind86

rincewind86 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 23, 2013
    Y Y Y Y Y Y !

A star wars TOTAL WARS sets into NJO time! AWESOME IDEA! iam with you on that.
    If anyone every played the game "Rebellion" (some 15 years old for pc) then he knows what a game i would like to see realised in a more modern style.....with much, much more content ofc.

here is the wookiepedialink to the game i want to have ..jeust bigger, better and even more awesome.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Rebellion_(video_game)

6. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    Definitely agree with bringing SWG back, the right way. That game was amazing and I would still be playing if they hadn't brought the servers down.

The other would have to be an updated flight similator that included multiplayer facets. We really need a new X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter or something similar.

7. Thefinalhack

Thefinalhack Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 11, 2013
    A ridiculously large open world game with multiple planets to explore and seamless space the ground transition in which you play as a Jedi turned bounty hunter who completes various missions across the galaxy for credits so he can purchase things like new weapons and vehicles. I would also add a assassins creed free running type thing as Jedi are supposed to be very athletic and good and jumping and the sorts

Sent via my astromech droid

8. CrackaJones

CrackaJones Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2013
    I want something like X-Wing vs.TIE Fighter, but open world, deep storyline, and deep character development, where you get to meet and talk to your fellow pilots outside of combat and create relationships with them that would make you want to protect them and truly get into the game, as what would happen in real life. Complete character customization, choose your fighter and weapons (for combat outside of flying). You would have a home-base on a frigate of the side you pick (Rebel or Empire, CIS or Republic, or a Pirate pilot in either world) and travel to planets for story progress, shopping, and customization. You would have a wing-man you can choose from a set of premade ones. All in all, a very realistic game on how being a pilot would be in real life.

Life likes this.
  9. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Rogue Squadron 4 with a Wii U version.

10. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    A good spy game about Thrawn really being killed by Palpatine, not his bodyguard.

darklordoftech likes this.
  11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    With unlimited resources, any RTS would be awful.

So, either GTA Coruscant or that one where you play through all 6 movies, but not as Lego.

12. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Republic Commando 2 would be the top choice. So much potential.

Second I'd go with Bounty Hunter 2 again. Not entirely sure if I'd go with Boba though. I think it would be nifty to turn BH into a dark forces type of series of games, maybe a couple of switching characters. Boba is a potential but there's some other great options. (aurra sing would have an epic story to put into game)

Life likes this.
  13. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999

It strikes me as really curious in this day an age where the FPS has replaced an older genre like flight sames when it's essentially the same type of game, except you're replacing crosshairs for a rendering of a gun barrel and sights and the battlefield is SPACE. It truly sucks that games like X-Wing and TIE Fighter have no room in this day an age since developers won't develop for a small fanbase such as ours. :(

14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    An Obsidian developed KotOR 3, after I'd used my unlimited resources to create a time machine to go back and prevent TOR from happening.

EDIT: But, failing that, then I'd want to make Star Wars - Jedi Master: Jedi Outcast II: Jedi Knight III: Dark Forces IV

15. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I'd have to say go back to the classics - a new X-wing/TIE Fighter space sim would be the first priority; in second place a new entry into the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series. I like the idea of RPG elements - maybe form your own squadron, with AI pilots of differing capabilities and tactics?

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  16. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
    Kotor running on a Skyrim-like engine.

17. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    You put a smile on my face. :D

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    A combination of everything!

19. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I would make a massive RTS game with the best elements of Empire at War, Rebellion, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Homeworld all mixed together. So, in other words, no game likely to ever see the light of day.

MrZAP likes this.
  20. Kay Suhyun

Kay Suhyun Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2013
    Let's just finish Tyber's story before that happens.

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    One that merges Assassin's Creed, and Skyrim, and Call of Duty, and Mario Kart, and GTA I - V, and Saint's Row, and Civilisation, and Gears of War, and Uncharted, and Zelda, and Final Fantasy...

22. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    One that combines the best of Duke Nukem Forever, E.T. Atari, and the 1993 Super Mario Bros. cinematic masterpiece.

Ender Sai and Life like this.
  23. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Crusader Kings III: EMPIRE.

MrZAP likes this.
  24. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    A Clone Wars MMORPG (not the current one but more like SWTOR) I'd love to see some of these characters in an MMO

25. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Jaypee did it with tact. That was funny. You do not possess the tact. [face_plain]