If you could get rid of one SE change, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthMaul13, Jun 29, 2002.

?

If you could get rid of one SE change, what would it be?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
Greedo shooting first 132 vote(s) 45.2%
Jabba sequence in ANH 16 vote(s) 5.5%
Luke's cowardly scream down Bespin shaft 47 vote(s) 16.1%
Darth Vader's "alert my star destroyer..." line 12 vote(s) 4.1%
Jedi Rocks in Jabba's Palace 26 vote(s) 8.9%
Ending of ROTJ 11 vote(s) 3.8%
Get rid of all the SE changes! 48 vote(s) 16.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling

star 4
  2. ferelwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    I would get rid of all of those that you listed except the new ROTJ ending. But, Greedo shooting first has got to be the worst, with cgi Jabba a close second.
  3. THE_Sith_Master Jedi Knight

star 1
    Preferably, get rid of all SE changes listed in the above except the ending of RotJ.
  4. RagnarRocker Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The Jabba scene was the only SE change that really didn't work for me. I thought he looked dumb, and the bit with the stepping on the tail was lame.
  5. Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Who voted "ending of ROTJ"? God, there are people that actually prefer "Yub-Yub"?

I choose Greedo. The rest I can accept (although I really wish they would use TPM Jabba in the ANH scene, and design it so it interacts better with Han)

RR, the reason they had Han step on his tail is that they used a stand-in actor before they knew what Jabba was going to look like. With his final conception, it turned out that the tail was right where Han had to walk. Since they didn't want Han to pass through his tail, they made him step on it.
  6. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Couldn't they just move the freakin tail?
  7. AdamBertocci Manager

Manager
    star 7
    I prefer the SEs, but I'd like 'em a bit more if we could get rid of some of the Mos Eisley wackiness in ANH.

However, that wasn't on the list, so I went for Luke's scream in ESB.

Rick McCallum loves you!
  8. gwaernardel Jedi Master

star 4
    I think my answer to this is obvious...
  9. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greedo shooting first is an easy one, but I chose the silly scream of Luke's as he falls down the Bespin shaft. It's out of character for him given the context of the scene where he chooses to fall. Besides, he already got all the screaming out of his system!
  10. one_stupid_sith Jedi Knight

i'm one of those strong defenders of the SE, but the greedo scene has got to go. there is no reason for greedo to shoot first. it was very clear, originally, that greedo wasn't going to let han go.
  11. MatRags Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke's yell. I HATE that yell. When I watch ESB SE, I mute that scene. I HATE IT!!
  12. Greedos_a_bad_shot Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can handle the whole Greedo shooting first thing because IMO it's a really small detail,
    BUT that stupid Jedi rocks is just totally moronic.
  13. Darth Jamus Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with a previous post that the Greedo scene is the obvious vote, so I actually voted for the screaming Luke. In addition, I would remove the comment by Vader and get rid of the shuttle docking with the star destroyer (which I feel ruins the continuity of both the action and John William's music).
  14. Luke_Clone Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I don't care for Greedo... that is the only thing up there that really bothers me. Yes that does mean I like Jedi Rock. ;)
  15. Darth Jamus Jedi Master

star 4
    I can tolerate Jedi Rocks anyday over Lapti-Nek.
  16. Sophita Jedi Master

star 4
    Greedo shooting first and Jabba in ANH are the two big ones, IMO, but the one that pissed me off the most was the "alert my star destroyer..." line. Bleh, he doesn't even sound upset about losing Luke.

...Or maybe I'm just too picky. :/
  17. GRIPPER Jedi Padawan

well i can;t vote because i didn;t know some of those things aren't the original movie. Can someone please guide me to some place or give me a list of all the changes between all the movies and versions. I never knew lukes scream shouldn't be there, also han shooting first thing....

please a link or something thanks
  18. Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Greedo shooting first has to go
  19. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I have no idea what the stupid "Greedo Shoots First" issue but it is annoying. And my answer is not on your listings. I'd have to say the rumored Padmé scene about to be added.
  20. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    I would get rid of all of the above except the new ending to ROTJ and Jedi Rocks.
  21. Sketcher Jedi Knight

star 1
    i'd have to say DV's "alert my star destoyer" line (it just didn't fit like the old "bring my shuttle line" did. i also didn't really like the ROTJ ending. although it was great seeing all the planets celebrating the end of impeial reign i just didn't think it was necessary. coruscant might have been but not the others. it also got rid of the yub-yub song.
  22. chewbaccatk421 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I though the jedi rocks was okay. The Greedo shooting first thing was horrible. Han is supposed to kill him in cold blood!!! That part also looks too cheesy.
  23. dolphin Chosen One

star 4
    Greedo shooting first.

Please take it out of the archived editions
  24. shocktrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Change the Jabba scene

1. Change the CGI model to resemble ROTJ
    2. Don't do the Tail Step ( Have Jabba turn 180 or something, anything is better)

Q? Whatis the Jedi Rock scene?

ohh and go and strengthen the voice of DV
    in the Shuttle scene
  25. Sophita Jedi Master

star 4
    Q? Whatis the Jedi Rock scene?

Jedi Rock is the new song in Jabba's palace. The original was Lapti Nek, which personally I'm kinda glad they got rid of, because it was such a cheesy eighties sounding song. Then again, Jedi Rock is longer and isn't really any better. -_-
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.