main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could get rid of one SE change, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthMaul13, Jun 29, 2002.

?

If you could get rid of one SE change, what would it be?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Greedo shooting first

45.2%
  2. Jabba sequence in ANH

5.5%
  3. Luke's cowardly scream down Bespin shaft

16.1%
  4. Darth Vader's "alert my star destroyer..." line

4.1%
  5. Jedi Rocks in Jabba's Palace

8.9%
  6. Ending of ROTJ

3.8%
  7. Get rid of all the SE changes!

16.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke_Clone

Luke_Clone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Darn... we were having such a nice conversation in the other SE thread... oh well.

I have a question for everyone... in the SE does Yoda say, "Feel like what?" before Luke twirls around and points his blaster at Yoda? I can't hear it on my tape anymore but I'm sure that it is still in the movie because I didn't notice that the line was gone until recently.

Any help you would have would be hot. :)

2. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Yep, he still says it. Well, since the two threads have been mereged, I guess we can talk about our favorite and least favorite changes on this thread.

3. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    I do prefer the SE changes to the original films, but I do wish that GL could remove Luke's scream as he fell down that chute in ESB.

4. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    Thank you Lord_Hydronium

The last two times I've watched it Yoda said nothing so I was a bit worried as I like that line. I guess that means that me SE widescreen (I really don't want to buy the pan and scan versions they just released) is showing its age. :(

As the two threads have merged, I suppose this would be an appropriate time to say that I liked the enhancements of Mos Eisley and Cloud City a lot. Those "little tweaks" are two of my favorite things about the Special Editions.

5. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I would add Lak Sivrak back into the movie. Get Ketwol out of there.

6. VaderDave594

VaderDave594 Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2002
    I would get rid of Greedo shooting first, "Close the Blast Door," (I know it wasn't listed, but it makes my stomach churn) and Luke's scream as he falls down the shaft.

7. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Why didn't you like "Close the blast door"? It explains why the doors are closing in the first place, plus it's a bit of appropriate humor.

To tell the truth, I barely notice Luke's scream, so it doesn't bother me that much. Greedo is much more obvious.

Edit: Gah! Two people have voted against the ROTJ ending? What is so great about "Yub-Yub"? The new ending is my favorite change. Much more emotional, dramatic, and fitting. Also, it wraps things up a lot better seeing how the fall of the empire has affected people across the galaxy. And it ties the trilogy together nicely.

8. Rowland

Rowland Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    lol, yub yub was so hilarious...

Greedo shooting first and added Jabba scene tie for worst. Both look terrible, and are completely unnecessary. The Vader scene and Luke's scream in ESB were also dumb.

9. Mace_Windo

Mace_Windo Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    i love Jedi Rocks!

GET RID OF THAT STUPID GAY LUKE SCREaM!!!!!!!!!
    then Greedo.

10. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    I always happen to blink when Greedo shoots...

works great!

11. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    wipe them out.
    all of them.

12. Luke_Clone

Jun 15, 2002
    "wipe them out.
    all of them. "

Hey zeekveerko, I thought you said that you would be buying both the original OT and the UE OT if they were both made available in the future? ?[face_plain]

13. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    the ue is not the se.
    and yes, yes i will.
    i was excited about the se when it first came out, then i watched a few times, and i was like, "Hey!" (cartman style) and i'm still hoping that the ue's will be better, tho i have no hope for the return of the second best song in the trilogy: the jabba's palace song to which oola and the fat six-breasted woman dance.
    anyway, i can't pass up the chance to have star wars on dvd, even if it makes me angry every time i see han only mouth some of his line in the greedo scene, and even if i have to mute it for jedi rocks.

14. MauveLightsaber

MauveLightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    The "close the blast doors" line is actually from *some* of the original theatrical prints, isn't it? Because of different audio formats, some slight differences in the soundtrack got released. So both are "correct" from a certain point of view.

I believe this is the same explanation for Luke's line in ESB to R2: "You're lucky you got out of there" which used to be "You're lucky droids don't taste so good" (or something similar). I prefer the latter, myself, and hope it gets restored. Kinda funny how we have the same thing happening again with AOTC.

15. SueAsideRide

SueAsideRide Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 5, 2000
    I voted to get rid of them all, although I can live with the Jabba scene in ANH.

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Must... Have... Ewok song...
    Anyone who disses it is crazy. Oh, wait, sorry, I forgot, I'm crazy. Was that ever a run on sentence...

17. BobaFrank

BobaFrank Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 17, 2001
    The scream is Awful.

Bring back the Ewok music too.

18. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Lucas should...

1) Replace TPM Yoda with CGI Yoda
    2) Replace ANH Jabba with TPM Jabba
    3) Replace ESB Sidious with TPM Sidious

Fix all minor FX in OT..

1) Bad lightsabres
    2) Matte Lines around Rancor
    3) Emperor's slugs
    4) Han's reflection on Endor
    5) Lando's black shadow in Hangar

Extras...

1) Change Tractor Beam writing to Aubesh in ANH
    2) Fix Death Star plans in ANH

Reverse SE changes...

1) Greedo shooting first
    2) Luke's cowardly scream

That's all I ask!!! :(

19. Rabid_Balding_Ewok

Rabid_Balding_Ewok Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2000
    I'd have to say Soccer Mom, friendly Georges new edit of the detention level gunfight. If you look at it in the SE you will see no one get's shoot. :eek: All that happens is we see Han/Luke shoot followed by a quick shot of a imperial falling over with smoke coming from his chest. In the original we see Han/Luke shoot followed by a blaster bolt hitting the imp's in the chest, then a small burst of fire shoots up followed by the Imp falling over with smoke trailing from his chest.

It took me a while to catch on to it. I always wonder why I never got pumped during that scene, I thought it was because I was just getting older and more mature. Fortunatly thats not the case. :D Because when I see the scene in the original I still feel a wee bit of excitment.

Of course my second pick would be the whole Greedo shoots first. Damn those soccer moms and their hold on Uncle George. :mad: :p

-----signature-----
    "Rabid Balding Ewok, you make me sick.
    If there was an enemies list, you'd be on mine."
    [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh] [face_devil] [face_laugh]

:::*::(^^) :(^^) :::::::
    ::::::/::::^^:::::\ ::*::
    :::::/###-^^-##I :::::
    : *:.l##/(*)# (*)\\:::::
    :::/##(###.00#)#I ::::
    ::(___/#*#(XXX)/__) ::
    ::/000{{{{www}}}}\:: Ewoks Will Eat You!

20. 5darth2maul1

5darth2maul1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Greedo Shooting First.

521 :)

21. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    As above, I much prefer the original when Han jus shoots him.

22. JediLeia72

JediLeia72 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    I voted for Greedo shooting first (can't stand it that way! - I like that blinking advice, Plo Koen!), but my first choice isn't on here. If I were to pick one thing to change, it would be the extra music at the end of ROTJ! I LOVE the added scenes of the other cities celebrating but that music?!? What happened there, John W? It just sounds so unlike SW!! That's the last music of the last SW movie that will ever been seen - it should've just been the original theme from the end of ROTJ only longer!

23. Darth_Hal

Darth_Hal Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2002
    worst = Greedo shoots first

close = restore "Bring my shuttle!"!

24. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    All the added scenes except the end of ROTJ have got to go. I know it's a little one, but I have to have the "Bring my shuttle" line back in TESB. That was one of my favorite scenes, and it was replaced with bad ADR and leftover shuttle footage from ROTJ.

25. Darth_Tarsh

Darth_Tarsh Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 25, 2002
    I want Lapti Nek back - it was cool!! (kinda old Tina Turner song)

IMO the SE changes were unnecessary except the ROTJ ending and the bigger Mos Eisley in ANH.

The scene that most sucked was the whiny Jabba in the docking bay, especially since unlike in the ANH SE, the Jabba in TPM looked pretty much the same as he looked in ROTJ.

If they had added aditional scenes, it should have been the original "Luke and friends at toshe station" scenes, that were cut.

But more important than adding additional scenes would be to fix the fx-problems that are still in the SEs e.g. you can clearly see Vader holding a stick after he had killed Ben (just before the door is closing)

Perhaps we should send Lucasfilm/ILM a list of FX-problems that have to be redone for the Ultimate Editions ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.