main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could get rid of one SE change, what would it be?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthMaul13, Jun 29, 2002.

?

If you could get rid of one SE change, what would it be?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Greedo shooting first

45.2%
  2. Jabba sequence in ANH

5.5%
  3. Luke's cowardly scream down Bespin shaft

16.1%
  4. Darth Vader's "alert my star destroyer..." line

4.1%
  5. Jedi Rocks in Jabba's Palace

8.9%
  6. Ending of ROTJ

3.8%
  7. Get rid of all the SE changes!

16.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elori

Elori Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2002
    I voted for luke's screaming. [face_plain]

2. DarthBratwurst

DarthBratwurst Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    There is no way in hell that Solo , no matter his usual bravado, would EVER step on Jabba's tail.

Solo wasted that fool Greedo before the smelly rodian had the first clue it was done.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Damn it!

3. Mephij

Mephij Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    I can't stand any part of the SE. When I first heard they were "remastering" star wars I nearly jumped out of my skin with joy. The I heard they were adding in things and I thought, "ooh, finally we'll see the deleted luke/biggs scene, etc." needless to say I was right there when ANHSE opened and right from the begining I was dissatisfied. I was hoping to see luke working on a vaporator and seeing the battle. Oh, well, I thought I wonder what else they have in store. The greedo thing not only was stupid, it also looked stupid. Then came that horrible scene with Jabba. Jabba not only looked unlike himself, but the entire dialog was just rehashed from the greedo scene minutes before. well, fastforward to ESB. I don't see the need for the scream why did he scream? it's not like he fell involuntarily. He let go! The DV line didn't upset me very much, i must admit. What the christ is with Jedi Rocks? if I wanted to see stupid looking CG characters dancing and singing I would have gone to see Toy Story. I did, however, prefer the SE ending to the original 1983 ending, though. All-in-all, the SE was a waste. I hope that when the DVD comes out they have the option to watch the movie without the added scenes (fat chance). One can only hope. In the meantime you will find me hugging my OT widescreen laserdisc set from long before the SE.

4. kirby2112

kirby2112 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2002
    What is the "alert my star Destroyer" line from? Yikes! Anyhow, Greedo shooting first really didn't bother me. To tell you the truth (which I like to do), I didn't even notice it when I watched it for the first time. Jabba scene was kind of silly, but I thought it was a nice idea to have that in there, since I've heard about that since I was a child! My vote, therefore, was for Jedi Rocks. I actually cringe when I see it. The tempo is way too upset, the charactors are WAY too cartoony (I don't mean the computer work, I mean just HOW THEY ACT), and it doesn't seem to fit Jabba's place at all.
    Let me get myself out here...I really do like the originaly ending to ROTJ. That song used to run through my head all the time. It's just such an up-tempo song, and it has such an African rhythm that it seemed like a song that the Ewoks would come up with (let's not throw apples here!). The new ending is better, and the music is, of course, great!

5. Leroy_The_Hutt

Leroy_The_Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2003
    1.Greedo(How shoched and dissapointing was that the first time you saw it?)
    2.Jedi "Rocks"(Kids movies but, c'mon when I was a kid I didn't care for ewoks or 3P0. I did and still like R2)
    3.Jedi ending(Looks extremely out of place)
    4.Bespin shaft scream(He looked relaxed enough to me when he decided to jump so why the screaming?)

6. trinto_duaba

trinto_duaba Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 27, 2001
    Extended version of "Jedi Rocks" nuff said :D

7. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    In this order:

-Greedo shooting first (since it directly affects the characterization of Han)
    -Luke's Scream (since it directly affects the characterization of Luke)
    -The recycled ROTJ footage aboard the Executor (since it interrupts the pace and tempo of the scene and musical cue)
    -"goo nee tay" portion of Jedi Rocks, though the extended "blues" intro can stay (because Lapti Nek was awesome, and we never got a real soundtrack release)

8. Frank_Booth

Frank_Booth Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2003
    "The changes are invasive, my lord. Their rot goes deep."

"Rip them all out!"

9. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I love some of the changes- for example the "updated" version of the starfighter battle over DS in ANH. Soooooooo coooooooool... :D I went to rewatch the SE in cinema more than 4 times- just because of those changes.

But I really hate the "Luke's scream" and the "Greedo shoot first" nonsenses... Especially the scream - it's totally out of character, destroys the storyline, stupid... eh, so I dislike it :) :( If I really tried, I might get myself to accept that Greedo had badly shaking hands or his blaster malfunctioned... but the scream was added by someone who had no idea about ESB at all...

At least I expect GL to explain it...

10. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    Get rid of all the SE changes!

11. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Got to be Greedo shooting first!

12. COSLeiaOrganaSolo

COSLeiaOrganaSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 15, 2002
    I WANT LAPTI NEK BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Sigh*

At least I have it on my cd.

13. neeldawg66

neeldawg66 Jedi Master star 8

Mar 21, 2002
    Jedi Rocks in Jabba's Palace

14. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    >> At least I have it on my cd<<

What CD? To my knowledge, Laptni Nek was never released on a soundtrack, with exception to the "disco" version that was on the anthology soundtrack boxset.

15. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Since I couldn't vote for two, I chose Greedo shooting first. Bad idea to change that scene. My other choice is Jedi Crocks. Horrible, Disney-esque goofiness. Bad CG too.

16. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    It's undoubtedly been said a hundred times already but I'll say it anyways

Greedo shooting first! What's up with that!

17. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    I chose all of the changes. We should love the OT for what it is, and not change it. George is altering his own classic work becuase he feel they don't 'measure up' to modern movies. That is sick, just sick. >[face_plain]

18. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Gotta vote for the ol' Greedo shooting first addition. I'd love Luke's new scream from ESB to be cut-out, too.

19. Juan_Tufte

Juan_Tufte Jedi Master star 1

May 28, 2002
    I'd get rid of George Lucas!

20. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Well, then there'd be no SW in the first place. Good call, champ.

21. Lanky

Lanky Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2002
    What CD? To my knowledge, Laptni Nek was never released on a soundtrack, with exception to the "disco" version that was on the anthology soundtrack boxset.

The Cantina Band music and Lapti Nek were both released as singles on CD. They were available through Insider once upon a time.

22. DarthBabe

DarthBabe Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 18, 2002
    Luke's cowardly screaming. We already get to see enough of it...and his damn whining.

23. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    Greedo shooting first...worst edit ever. Han shoots first, don't you understand Lucas??? Oh well.

24. DarthQuandry

DarthQuandry Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2003
    after Luke's fall in ESB when Darth Vader tells them to prepare for his arrival he sounds too content as opposed to when he said in the original "Bring My Shuttle" you could tell he was still seething over luke's decision!

25. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Does anybody know where I can find a sound clip of "bring my shuttle"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.