main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could have one JW track played at your wedding.....

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Tiniwiel_Skywalker, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    The Jaws Main Theme.

But seriously..Anakin's theme. Absolutely beautiful.

Jaws: Ridding the world's oceans of slutty hippies and annoying kids since 1975

2. DjFoNiX

DjFoNiX Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    My dad had Across the Stars playing at his wedding juts last October. Although, I think my dad and I were the only ones who knew what it was. I didn't know he had it playing. It was playing right before the ceremony started. The minute it came on.. I was like: Oh geez.. I hope no one realizes that my dad's infatuation for Star Wars is this big!
    But, actually, when I heard it then, I would have to say that it is very good music to have at a wedding, I'd say.

DjFoNiX

3. SithTahiri

SithTahiri Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 22, 2003
    Across the Stars or Yoda's Theme

4. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    I think Leia's Theme would be nice, actually. :)

The Throne Room and the AOTC Love Theme are good choices as well.

5. Spirit-of-Kenobi

Spirit-of-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2003
    I had The Throne Room played at my wedding during the end processional and it went off very well. A lot of people thought it was just classical music. Well I guess technically it is, but you know what I mean. Some were very surprised to learn it was from SW. To top it off, when we were announced at the reception we entered to the Fox Fanfare.

Too bad we divorced 2 years later.

6. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    okay, another "evil" bad joke: Theme from Schindler's List :D

7. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    If I had one SW track played at my wedding, it would most definitely be Across the Stars. Such beautiful music it is. Perfect for priming the bride's pump. :p

8. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    the track when Luke and Han get their medals at the end of Episode IV

Me too! Great choice!

9. Tiniwiel_Skywalker

Tiniwiel_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2002
    I've got a good non JW one!

"Don't wanna miss a thing" by Aerosmith!

10. SithRuler77

SithRuler77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2003
    across the stars or yes the medal one.

11. itchytasty79

itchytasty79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    Actually, we just got married and at our wedding we had the bride walk down the aisle (processional) to The Throne Room. Our Recessional (we leave as a married pair) was Augie's Great Municipal Parade. It was very cool, and not even really my suggestion. My wife wanted Star Wars in her wedding.

12. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    do you have a wedding video, itchy? :D

13. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    I'm going through some of my JW stuff to see what i can find...
    Trying not to get into too much cliché, I'm going with non-sw.
    Best i've found so far is the parts where the Jurassic park theme is played slow on piano. Imagine that while she comes walking...

Best non-JW:Meet Joe Black The love theme that comes back allt he time. Probably like the piano version most...

14. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    Jedi Rocks

15. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Well, my initial choice is still Hymn to the Fallen... ;)

But if I were to choose other scores of Williams, they would be either Across the Stars or Fawkes the Phoenix.

16. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Speaking of the Jurassic Park theme on piano, is there any way I can get that without the entire end credits off the soundtrack?
    Preferably legally? :p

17. itchytasty79

itchytasty79 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 2, 2001
    We do have a wedding video, TLJ, but my dad has not transferred it onto VHS yet. We did not have a professional videographer; too expensive.

18. TwiLekJedi

Jun 14, 2001
    doesn't matter, get it digitalized and uploaded somehow, I want to see a bride walking somewhere while those cues are playing :D
    must be awesome

19. Wolverine

Wolverine Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 1999
    I don't know how to get it lehally in any other wau than buying it.
    You find the theme on piano on track 7 on teh JP cd. It's called "welcome to Jurassic park"

20. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    I think JP is too recognizable, but that's just IMO.

Personally, I'd use "The Throne Room." So many people confuse that with wedding music anyways, I think it be perfect.

I think Anakin & Padmé's theme is a little to tragic. However they end up in Episode III might change my opinion, but I doubt it. Beautiful music, but not for a wedding.

"Leia's Theme" is one of my favorite pieces. Not quite sure where it'd fit in a wedding, but it would sound nice.

And once last suggestion: "Can You Read My Mind" from Superman (instrumental, of course). Again, I'm not quite sure where it'd fit, but it would be a good piece to use.

21. Darth_Doug

Darth_Doug Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    When I got married (3 yrs ago) we had the Throne Room track playing as we left the reception hall. The beginning sounds a lot like the Wedding March, so for the first few seconds, everyone just thought it was the standard fare. I suppose it's a credit to our family and friends that almost everybody figured out what it REALLY was...

22. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Across the Stars of course! And this track will be played in my wedding, in a many years..

23. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    JW: Yoda's theme (He's my one true love, not to mention I love that music and the Luke and Leia theme would be awkward for romantic love)

As it is, I'm not going to have a soundtrack when I get married. I'll be dancing to the Godfather waltz for my reception, though. :)

24. ShadaErsari

ShadaErsari Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 17, 2003
    If I ever get married, I think it would be neat to have The Throne Room music from ANH played as my husband and I leave the church. Yeah...my parents'll think I'm nuts. *grins*

25. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Someone made a reference to having The Throne Room played for a recessional over in the CT Forum, which reminded me of this thread. I can't believe it's been locked for so long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.