main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could have one JW track played at your wedding.....

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Tiniwiel_Skywalker, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QUI-DON-JINN

QUI-DON-JINN Jedi Master star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    When we were married four years ago, we had a pianist friend of my wife's play the Throne Room as we walked out of the sanctuary. He hadn't had much time to practice, but it came out perfectly, an amazing musician. He still talks about it. I don't recall telling many people what music I wanted and on the video, you can hear everyone finally recognizing the music when the Force Theme came in. That was fun, hearing them realize what was playing as we walked past them.

When my sister was married the first time, they walked from the church to the reception hall a block away with The Imperial March blaring (his idea); when she married again, her husband had Cantina Band played as they walked out.

2. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'd ask for "Main Title and First Victim" - Jaws.

OK, that was a shallow attempt to antagonize the thread and make fun of the institution of marriage. Somehow, I feel unaccomplished.

3. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    The Wedding of Officer Torres

4. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    End Credits from E.T. and John Williams would be the piano soloist.

5. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Augie's Great Municiple Band- it just works for celebrations! ;)

Nah, more seriously- maybe Light Of The Force/Ending Celebration- Something solemn and meaningful (I don't think of that music as tragic, despite it's use in the scene,) but soon transitioning into something joyful and celebratory- a reminder that marriage is more than just a match of convenience, but an significant and important comittment- but also one to be filled with joy and happiness forever- cue end credits!

Princess Leia's Theme as the Bride enters.

Maybe the Love Theme from Superman- though to be honest, I prefered the flying scene by Ottman in Superman Returns better...

Deffinetly NOT 'Love Across The Stars...' I mean, let's face it- between a suicidal mom and a mass murdering dad who ends up strangling her, that wasn't exactly the patern for a sucessfull relationship... ;)

Possibly End Credits (Raiders March) from Last Crusade as well- the Knight's theme as the minister pronounces a blessing, then the rousing 'off into the sunset' version of the Raiders theme as we exit the church.

Probably a lot of music, especially the opening and closing, from Sabrina for the reception.

I'm likin' this... too bad wedding prospects still seem a long way off! :_| ;)

6. Darth_Vader-Anakin

Darth_Vader-Anakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
    Haha! Exactly what I was thinking when reading some of the earlier responces.

I think that the "Never Feast" from Hook would be bouncy and festive for the reception. Maybe the middle two minutes ( :p ) from "Viktor and his Friends" from the Terminal for during the ceremony.

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The Throne Room version from the ROTS soundtrack. Or possibly "You Are The Pan" from Hook.

8. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
    Love Theme from Superman: The Movie

9. Azure_Angel

Azure_Angel Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2006
    "Across the Stars" The Love theme from Attack of the Clones.
    The best song ever!
    ~Azure_Angel

10. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    "Princess Leia's theme" would be appropriate... or maybe the Imperial march :p

11. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Definatly the re-working of the Throne Room from the ROTS soundtrack. That was sweet. I would use that for the Bride's entrance. For the Groom, Parents, Groomsmen, and Bridesmaids. I would use Victory Celebration. For the Recessional up the isle. I would use Augie's Great Municipal Band.
    And for an extra touch I would have the official emerge to the strains of The Force Theme.
    The first dance would be "Can You Read My Mind".
    And the entrance into the reception would be the finale from The Indiana Jones March. With the Bride and Groom entering on the change towards the end.

12. Cerrabore

Cerrabore Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    "Hook-Napped."

13. Indiana_Fett

Indiana_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2004
    Hmm...I don't know how I'd feel watching you march down the aisle with a devious cue playing like that.

14. DarthTiki

DarthTiki Jedi Master

May 16, 2002
    The Mission, i.e. the NBC Nightly News theme j/k

15. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    Exactly ;)

16. Trentman359

Trentman359 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2002
    I hope I can get there at some point.

I would chose "Luke and Leia." I dont care that they are brother and sister, its a beautiful piece of music.

17. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Han and Leia theme for sure! The reception would feature the Naboo celebration theme!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. LadyVader93

LadyVader93 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2006
    tis a tie between Battle of the Heroes...(dont ask,the Throne Room, and Across the Stars[face_dancing]

19. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    Ok, I've changed my mind. "Lando's Palace" would be awesome as well.

20. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006

My 2 sons and I are already planning music for their weddings (even though they aren't engaged and one hasn't even met his future mate yet!)

Augie's sounds great for reception! They def. want Cantina band played at the reception!

21. Zarm_Rkeeg

Zarm_Rkeeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 9, 2003
    Well, my best hopes and prayers for their unions- whenever they may be!

22. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Thanks for the idea: now when (if) I ever get married, ALL the music will be either a. Star Wars themes or b. John Williams themes. Hope my husband's as big a nerd as me.

Can't happen without Throne Room, Across the Stars, Yoda's Theme, Binary Sunset, ET end credits (I would die if JW played it), Superman Theme, and probably have Augie's Band and SW End Credits as recessional.
    And believe me, I'm a musician, I would find spots for ALL those songs.

23. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    Yes I would have the Cantina Band, both one and two, for the Cocktail Hour. That would be sweet.

24. Commander_Kayman

Commander_Kayman Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2006
    ewok celebration at my wedding night.[face_whistling]

25. jedisith_24

jedisith_24 Jedi Youngling

Nov 20, 2006
    Across The Stars. [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.