main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If YOU could make a Star Wars TV show, what would you do? What story would you tell?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Leonidas, May 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonidas

Leonidas Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2003
    My pet idea would be this...

Season 1: It would begin around the time that the NJO series starts (though i'd ignore the whole NJO altogether). Season 1 would deal with Luke's new Jedi Order, and with the Solo Kids coming of age. I would also intriduce a subversive Jedi in Luke's academy. He'd be a trainee at this point, though a phenom with the force, and a sort of good guy. I'd also put shadows of the threat yet to come, but it would mainly involve keeping the new republic safe.

Jaina is the Jedi, but she takes after Han Solo (Allowing for the hotheaded young Jedi, out to save the galaxy but has a problem with being reckless.)

Jacen turns away from the Jedi path and takes after Leia (Allowing for the force sensetive who just more or less flies around and kicks butt). Jacen makes a few contacta, like maybe a Justice oriented bounty hunter (as opposed to an evil one), and maybe a hot chick smuggler... Maybe a wookie (Chewie's kid?)

Season 2: This would be when everything gets rolling, having the major characters all introduced. Number one, Mr. Subversive would leave and take a few other wannabe jedi with him (His clique, if you will). Mr. Subversive starts researching the secrets of the Sith since there isn't anyone out there that can teach the darkside. Meanwhile, a new threat based on the old galactic empire emerges, under the leadership of a tactical genious. This ends up as being the 'anti-rebellion' with the hopelessly outnumbered bad-guy force winning again and again. At the end of the second season the Subversive Jedi/darkside student and his clique would ally themselves with the imperial remnant.

Bear in mind that the imperial remnant would be acting like total terrorists, and they would (due to senetorial sterility) be winning.

Season 3: This would be the season where all hell breaks loose. The Imperial remnant would have, by now, formed some alliances with mercenary companies, maybe Black Sun, Maybe the Hutts, whatever. At any rate, it's full on rebellion against the new republic.

At the end of the third season, a fleet (Accompanied by the Jedi subversive that i mentioned earlier and his pals) moves on Yavin 4 and demolishes the New Jedi Temple that is there (according to the EU, i keep everything from the EU except for the NJO series). Jaina and Luke (among others) narrowly escape. This would be an empire strikes back style cliffhanger. Here would also be the first real "Jedi on Dark Jedi" Lightsaber duel (though i'd have something like that sooner, i'd keep it for the MOST dramatic moments).

Season 4: This season would be known as the "Force-free" season. It would focus on the non-force users in the galaxy. They all think the Jedi are all dead due to the assult on Yavin 4, Jacen is totally distrought over the 'death of his sister, but he carrys on the fight along with some other cool characters that end up with him.

At the end of season 4 Jacen is captured and tortured for some info. Far away, on Endor, the surviving Jedi are guests of the Ewoks, and Jaina picks up on Jacen's torture. Luke lets her go to save him.

Season 5: This is Jaina's season. This is when she really kicks butt. She allies herself with many of the non-force using characters previously explored (use your imagination) and saves Jacen a few episodes in. After that she travels with Jacen and his friends and literally KICKS BUTT.

Season 6: I haven't thought that far ahead.

One Idea I had was to have the Millenium Falcon show up piloted by Chewbacca and a crew of wookies. Han would only show up if the series made enough of a splash to lure Harrison Ford in (Like in the young adventures of Indiana Jones), but in that case it would be like a meeting of old friends, and i would want it to be dramatic as hell!

Does anyone else have any Ideas?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Quest's SW EU TV Show Layout!

Series 1:

Two hour premiere: tells the events leading up ANH, focusing on Kyle Katarna dn Leia Organa's role in acquiring the Death Star plans, and ends with Leia's ship being pursued by Vader's Destroyer.

Season 1: Spans from after ANH to the start of ROTJ, covers the major events between the films such as Vader discovering Luke's name, the completion of the Executor, the evacuation from Yavin IV, the Darktrooper project and Shadows of the Empire, while having a few side episodes to introduce and set up major characters that appear later on such as Corran Horn, Thrawn and Mara Jade, as well as some episodes focusing on the bounty hunters to play up their expanded role in SOTE. Basicly, the perfect companion to the OT.

Season 2: Shift gears to focus on the X-Wing series, from the post-Endor period to the capture of Coruscant by the New Republic.

Season 3: Focuses on cleaning up the left over Imperial warlords- Zsinj, Thrawn and Krennel.

Season 4: Starts with Dark Empire, focuses on the reesetablishment of the Jedi under Luke and the New Republic having to deal with the left over superweapons developed under Palpatine's rule (World Devastators, Galaxy Gun, Sun Crusher and, as a left over threat from that era ala nuclear weapons from Russia- the Darksaber).

Season 5: Focuses on the internal conflicts of the member worlds of the New Republic during it's infancy, and the final peace treaty between the New Republic and the Imperial Remnant, as well as the marriage of Luke Skywalker.

Season 6: The New Jedi Order- from Vector Prime to the fall of Coruscant.

Season 7: Final season, the conclusion of the New Jedi Order and the end of the war.

Series 2:

Season 1: Focuses on the build up of events to The Phantom Menace and their aftermath, as well as Darth Maul and the pirate Nym. Transitions to a primary focus on the Jedi, particularly Quinlan Vos and Aayla Secura.

Season 2: Primarily focses on the training of Anakin under Obi-wan, as well as the build up to Attack of the Clones.

Season 3: Begins the Clone Wars and merges the previous two seasons' focus to feature both Quinlan, Anakin and Obi-wan.

Season 4: Competion of the Clone Wars and the build-up to Episode 3.

Season 5 & 6: Spans the majority of time between EP3 and A New Hope.

Season 7: Focuses on the early battles of the Alliance
    , leading back up to the pre-ANH events that started Series 1 and bringing things full circle.

Series 3:

A 1-season series focusing on the life of Han Solo

Series 4:

-A 1-season series focusing on the Tales of the Jedi epic.

Series 5: (assuming demand still exists and no sense of "too many shows over too short a period of time" is present) Ongoings eries focusing on the KOTOR saga and era.

3. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    personally, id want to see a series that takes place far before any of the films. start somewhere around KOTOR era, with varying storylines showing the Jedi's role and even the establishment of the Order and the Republic.

4. mortal118

mortal118 Jedi Youngling

Dec 30, 2003
    Read my post "Another cartoon mini-series..."

I would make another cartoon mini-series (obviously) through Cartoon Network, with the focus of the series being immediately after Ep. III. Main characters would be Boba Fett, Darth Vader, Sidious/Palpatine, Yoda, Ob1, Rebels, Stormtroopers, and miscellaneous Jedi in hiding. Episode plots would be Boba Fett tracking Jedi and killing them (his first jedi kills), Vader's pursuit and hunt for remaining jedi (with some awesome lightsaber battles against some of the more prominant jedi who survive Ep. III), the beginnings of the Rebellion (maybe an ep. with Mon MOthma and Ackbar), stormtrooper missions (like the ARC clonetrooper mission in Clone Wars), and maybe just a few with some jedi narrowly escaping stormtroopers, bounty hunters, droids, or what not. Of course, I'd throw in a humorous ep. with R2 and C3P0.

Any thoughts?

5. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I'd make a GFFA reality show: maybe "The Padawan" in which 16 contestants compete for the right to be Yoda's padawan for one year, and you can't go wrong with "Survivor: Tatooine" or "Survivor: Dagobah."

6. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Leonidas, your model seems a lot like that of Babylon5. Not to say that it's bad, but that's what I immediately reacted with.

I'd like to see maybe the XWing novels done, but not KevinJAnderson crap or Troy Denning's excreta. Very little of EU was any good. Darksaber and Crystal Star and New Rebellion were especially bad. Shadows of the Empire wasn't really worth reading either.

How about the earlier adventures of QuiGonn Jinn. Let's see those rebelious acts that kept him off the council.

How about the real machinations of Palpatine's court.

7. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    1. I would make a tales of the Jedi series.

2. Make a series on how Yoda became a Jedi master with frank Oz voice.

3. Make a series on How Palpatine became a dark lord of the sith and how he became a master. then I would make another part on how he controlled the Republic.

4. I would make a show on how the Rebellion was weak between the Episode 3 and 4.

5. I would show how the Trade federation was made and how it made lead with the Dark Lord of the Sith.

8. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Miniseries of the X-Wing series and Thrawn Trilogy.

9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Rebel SpecOps (think Band of Brothers) or KoTOR-era goodness.

10. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    More Clone Wars cartoons :D

11. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    If I had My Druthers I'd Do an hour long live action series... Star Wars: Empire... Staring The Newly Minted Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader as He Boldly Forges a New Order and Whipes the Remnants of the Jedi Order from the Face of the Galaxy.

It would sort of be like a Grim "West Wing" Only with Lightsabers.

The Beauty of this Live Action Prime Time Show is that the only Actors you NEED From the Movies are James Earl Jones for the Voice... And Ian McDiarmid for his three part apperances during Sweeps Week...

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    "More Clone Wars cartoons"

I agree.

Also...

Season 1) Cartoon adaptation of ANH

2) Cartoon ESB

3) Cartoon RotJ

4) Thrawn Trilogy

5) Jedi Academy Trilogy

6) Hand of Thrawn Duology

7) NJO

13. Yuuzhanvong1000

Yuuzhanvong1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2002
    Each season will follow this structure:

1. 10 30 minute episodes in a short stroy format with little or no continuity impact (written by various authors, sort of an animated Tales)

2. Each season we will get a full length animated movie based on one of the books in this order

Cloak of Deception

Shadows of the Empire

Thrawn Trilogy

Dark Saber

Thrawn Duology

The entire NJO

14. wtehomie

wtehomie Jedi Youngling

Apr 8, 2004
    I would have it start right after ROTJ and be nothing like the EU after that point.

I would make it an animated series because I too believe that the movies should be the only live action star wars.

It would show the remainder of the alliance travel back to coruscant and they run into a few entanglements of imperials on the way back and get side tracked.
    luke/r2/lando and leia/han/chewie/3po are split into those two groups.

They will visit many familiar planets (tatooine, yavin, hoth) and some new ones like malastare, kessel, and kashyyk. T

hey will encounter a brotherhood of dark jedi that have gone ito hiding on a small moon and a band of deadly bounty hunters out to kill luke and leia.

The empire will be controlled by a new Grand Moff with a really cool name.

Hilarity will ensue when Jar Jar appears for the christmas episode!

15. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    We're discussing a similar topic in 3SA. TEXAS had the best idea IMO, saying that a live-action Star Wars series should be done in the same manner as Smallville.

My first choce would be to focus on a young Boba Fett, played by Daniel Logan. He'd be the right age casting wise, and would have the necessary appeal to a TV audience.

Since Boba Fett's true origin has been revealed, there's a lot of room to explore for a TV show. He could be an ambiguous anti-hero, someone you root for even if he's not perfect. Set it between Ep. 3 and ANH, and you can witness the rise of this young boy into the galaxy's baddest bounty hunter. Give him some kind of love interest, and make sure the plots revolve around Jango's legacy and events in Ep. 3, so as to properly link the show with the movies.

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Star Wars: Purge

Done and done.

17. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Gotta disagree: No Jedi Academy and No Thrawn Duo.

Kevin J Anderson's writing is horrible. He can sometimes describe a good setting, but his grasp of story is insufficient. Jedi Academy Trilogy proves my point on this glowingly. Don't want to see it. I thought it was extremely funny that KJA promotes Leia to supreme head president of the New Republic, and the next book I read has her step down in favor of a giant parakeet.

The Thrawn Duo was fine, except that in order to capstone the Republic vs Empire, Timothy Zahn had to include all of the crap written by the other authors (most notablly KJA). It was kinda funny to have MaraJade chewing Luke out, but I wouldn't want to see this one made as part of a series. "Your niece and nephews have been kidnapped 18 times! When were you going to get some decent security for them? How disgustingly irresponsible are you?" "Yeah, I've been pretty dumb."

18. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    I think casting is a key in all this, with respect to the timeline the TV show would take place in.

Let's say it's set 5 years before ANH. That would make Luke 13 years old. It wouldn't be unreasonable to find a 13-year-old kid with shaggy blond hair who could pass for Luke without it having to be Mark Hammill's kin.

This is another reason why I like my Boba Fett idea. Daniel Logan himself could play the part. The kid's grown up a lot in the past 4 years, and can definitely fill out the armor when needed. He also gives hard-core fans like us a direct link from the films to the TV show, something essential to its success.

Then again, casting wouldn't be an issue if it were to be a cartoon again. A cartoon is the easiest (cheapest) way to go, and I think that's where it might end up.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    >> Kevin J Anderson's writing is horrible.<<

His comic work is quite excellent- Redemption, in particular, is generally considered to be among the best SW stories ever. But, while occassionaly his books are low on plot, his stories are often very fast-paced and thus in tone with the feel of the movies more so than almost any other author, so his works might actually be the best canidates for tv adaptation.

20. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Not much time.

I would tell something set in the era of KotOR. It's fresh. It's unexplored and can tell a riveting story.

21. Chris Knight

Chris Knight TFN Humor Staff star 4 VIP

Jul 8, 1998
    An anthology series. Combination of live-action and animated (either traditional or CG). With stories covering everything from the 4,000-year pre-Empire days (which seems fast becoming canon) to years or centuries after the downfall of Palpatine. And LFL (with Lucas himself as executive producer) overseeing the production of new Star Wars stories written by some of the top talent in the industry.

Think about that last bit for a second. Imagine seeing a Star Wars story scripted by J. Michael Straczynski. Or Harlan Ellison. Or Orson Scott Card. Or Alex Ross (giving Ross the opportunity to do ANYTHING with Star Wars would be a terrific idea). Or Robert Jordan. Or Carrie Fisher (she's familiar with the universe enough).

Or it could go as wild as Lucas is willing to go. I can think of no reason why, if given the opportunity, Quentin Tarantino couldn't turn in a solid (if offbeat) Star Wars script for television. Robert Rodriguez, Akiva Goldman, Mark Hamill (apart from Lucas who better could write for Luke Skywalker?), Peter Jackson... the list goes on.

Increasingly, I'm beginning to warm to the idea of a regular Star Wars television show. But it CAN NOT work without the focus being on the characters and the story as opposed to making it just a chance for ILM to showcase the digital eyecandy it can do for the small screen.

22. -techno-union-

-techno-union- Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2004
    I'd go for a Sith war series. That would see plenty of saber fights and big battles involving hundreds of Jedi and Sith . Plus room for all the traditional themes like love, betrayl, duty ect ect. It'd give a chance for ILM to keep doin what they do, but I agree with Chris it can't be just ILM's plaything. The characters and storylines have to be strong to make it work.

Dunno what EU's take on the whole thing is but I see the Sith as being one guy at the top with a group of other Siths leading there own factions and competing for power.

How long it would last and and what exactley would happen not sure, but the last series would have to see the Sith turn on each other and Jedi cleaning them all up. Maybe work in something about the prophesy to link it to the movies.

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That occurs in the comic series Jedi vs Sith...which could make for an interesting miniseries.

24. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    There's so much more to the GFFA than the jedi. So nothing with jedi, sith, or lightsabers.

I've always liked the idea of a action/drama show that takes place on a Star Destroyer. We follow the adventures of a crew on their various missions, etc.
    But I'm thinking more like the shows JAG, Supercarrier, or Space: Above and Beyond; not like Star Trek.
    Maybe each hour episode focuses on a diffrent group that's on a mission? One show about the TIE pilots, one about the Stormtroopers, one about the ISB, and so on.

25. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    A remake of the Ewoks and Droids TV shows! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.