main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could remake EP 1-3, how would you do it?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Yodas_Walking_Stick, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yodas_Walking_Stick

Yodas_Walking_Stick Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2003
    First off, this is not meant to be an EP 1-3 bashing thread. Maybe there are some professional filmmakers here, but I think for the most part we're all fans. I'll be honest that I'm not happy with EP 1-3 although I think EP2 was a decent contribution. I still think the OT is the best and I wouldn't change anything about it at all but using your imagination, how would you write a different story in EP 1-3? Who would you cast? What would you do in general? This is really just a fun "What If?" scenario more than a criticsm of EP 1-3 so please don't take this the wrong way.

This is what I would do:

Much like the films already made, Episodes 1-3 would follow the same formula for Episodes 4-6 but it would basically be a different story with Luke/Anakin falling to the dark side in the third film and of course some of the stuff we've seen with subtle hints that he's well on his way. EP 1-3 would be a shorter timespan just like EP 4-6. I like the formula already in place but I wouldn't cover such a broad period.

However, because I'd use a shorter timespan, I wouldn't start EP 1 with Anakin as a child. I'd rather introduce the characters right off the bat to the audience and not have to watch Anakin the Kid in EP1. EP1 would be Anakin about the same age he is in EP2.

Padme would be a little older. I'd cast an older more distinguished actress. Nothing against Natalie Portman, I think she's a great actress but sometimes I feel like it was bad casting for that particular role. I get the feeling she's a disgruntled teenager more than a troubled leader which is maybe what we're supposed to see but I still think the head honcho of Naboo should be someone with a little more regal bearing.

I'd probably recast Hayden Christensen too. He gets some of the stuff right and I definitely walk away feeling this kid is going to be one hell of a dark jedi given the right opportunity but I'm not entirely sold on his acting. I'd keep Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan, Christopher Lee as Dooku and most of the other roles.

Jar-Jar would never be a side character in Episode 1. C-3P0 would be the main comic relief in EP1 just like he was in EP2. I almost feel like Lucas changed EP2 to respond to his fans and the critics. Does anyone feel like EP1 was a waste to the storyline? Most of the characters in EP1 are gone by EP2. While I think Liam Neeson's Jedi was great and would keep it, there was no reason to have a temp comic relief role in EP1, the story might have been better to start with an older Anakin and give C3P0 the same role R2-D2 had in EP1.

The love story would be pretty simliar to Han and Leia's in the OT. EP1 is the flirtation/fighting, EP2 they fall in love, EP3, whatever is going to happen. Just have the feeling some of the criticism with the romance story in EP2 is because it was rushed and Lucas really didn't have much of an option. He had to convince the audience these two were hopelessly in love in one movie based on Anakin's childhood encounters which really doesn't do it for me. I know it happens, childhood friends end up marrying each other, but kid Anakin and older Padme just doesn't go together as well as starting Anakin as a young man in EP1.

I would tie more of the Emperor's Machiavellian plans into EP1. That stuff was sweet in EP2, wish I could have seen more of it in EP1. One of my biggest problems with EP1 is that it came across as more of a fluff sci-fi/action film for all of us Star Wars films but didn't really mix into the overall story or establish much other than it introduces Anakin and any possible implications for Qui-Gon Jinn. But even Neeson's Jedi comes across as pointless because he doesn't make any "spiritual" cameos in EP2 just like Obi-Wan did. I know this might be part of a surprise in EP3 but I really think all the characters should be tied into all 3 films as much as possible.

I'd swap roles for Anakin and Obi-Wan compared to the OT. Right now it looks to me that Anakin is the naieve one just like Luke and Obi-Wan is the more cynical older guy just like Han and this

2. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Those are interesting ideas. I would agree with you on most points, but I have a few contentions. I don't think Natalie or Hayden need to be recast. See if they were both in Ep.I, then (as you said) they could have some clashing of ideals. I would have Anakin as a brash young Jedi whom the Queen thinks is immature if I did it that way (even though I have no preference between young Anakin and teenage Anakin for EpI really, except for the fact that it's hard to find good child actors). And I think Obi-Wan was played correctly in EpII. I have always thought of him as a very wise but somewhat cynical character in the OT. That came across perfectly, but we also see that he's a very good Jedi. As far as Anakin, I think his actions were pretty well along the line of what I'd expect. Only if you had him in EpI as a younger teen then it would be well served to have a somewhat noticable difference in him in EpII a few years later so that Padmé starts to respect him more.

-sj loves kevin spacey

3. TheEliteFetus

TheEliteFetus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2003
    Episode 1-3 SHOULD NOT EXIST in any manner, shape, or form no matter how good they could have been. The Star Wars saga should have been structured like that of the Myth stories where the audience is thrown into an unfamiliar universe and learn about the history and its characters through the heroic protaginst (Luke not Anakin).

TPM is such a poor introduction to the Star Wars myth that first time goers who will see them chronologically will fumble around them in a less-then-coherent manner. ANH is a better example of introducing that universe because of its coherency as we follow Luke on his quest.

I also feel that the basic/most important information we get out of the PT could have just as been easily told through dialogue/exposition in the OT and further episodes, but Lucas painted himself into a corner by wrapping all the story elements he was going to tell in a sequel trilogy in ROTJ because he (A) got bored with his creation, (B) had a family to take care of, (C) wanted to do other things, (D) and believes that the audience cares only for the roller coaster ride, so he doesn't have to care how well told the story is, just as long as it makes the same amount of money. All the build-up and surprises we get in the OT will be lost because the audience will know exactly what happened from what they see in the PT.

ROTJ, to me, is such a crap shoot because it's just a rehash of ANH with a new Deathstar w/better effects, muppet feast and an easy hook for merchandising sells of the Ewoks. Lucas can use the excuse that its a children's film, but weren't children exicted over ANH and ESB which had no kiddy stuff and plenty of adult themes to appreciate. ROTJ would have been the most adult and straight forward of the the three w/Han being killed, Leia being crowned of her remaing people thus leaving her isolated and Luke going off on his own. Producer Kurtz was the only guy who could face up to Lucas and challenge him creatively.

Now the sequel trilogy to the OT would have expanded the OT greatly because as the audience we wouldn't have a clue as what would happen to the characters unlike what we all know what's going to happen in the PT. Anakin is going to the darkside. BIG DEAL. What got that in the OT. And just because it would be interesting to see what would happen in the past doesn't mean that would be a good idea to execute. I guess some people haven't heard the expression less is more or how about using your imagination to fill in the blanks.

In the sequel trilogy we would have seen Luke as a Jedi knight in the vain of Obi-wan Kenobi, Luke searching his long lost sister (it wasn't going to be Leia) on the other side of the galaxy and confronting the emperor in the final episode. This isn't some fan-boy dream, but exactly what Lucas was going to do, but he gave up altogether.

I would have six Star Wars movies that focus on the life of Luke Skywalker. The first trilogy would open Luke to the universe and defeating his father to become a Jedi knight while the second trilogy would focus on Luke and his quest searching for his sister and confronting the emperor. It's too bad that I have to think about this rather than having it as reality.

4. The_living_force

The_living_force Jedi Grand Master star 1

Oct 8, 2002
    I guess some people haven't heard the expression less is more or how about using your imagination to fill in the blanks.

It's too bad that I have to think about this rather than having it as reality.

Both good arguments...

5. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    I guess some people haven't heard the expression less is more or how about using your imagination to fill in the blanks.

You know, you can press charges on Mr. Lucas for having his goons hold a gun to your head to force you to watch the PT.
    I'm just sorry he had to go through such extremes.

6. Yodas_Walking_Stick

Sep 20, 2003
    Interesting proposal to not make EP 1-3 and instead maybe focus on a sequel or trilogy to EP 4-6 but I disagree with you that EP 1-3 are completely ruined because of fans knowing the outcome. I know how Lord of the Rings will end because I've read all the books twice but I'm still eagerly anticipating the final film. You make a good movie and people will go see it and love it regardless! I've seen many good films that were based on books I've read and I knew the outcome but was still into the movie. I agree though that it is a big letdown knowing with Star Wars who Anakin and Palpatine will become and maybe it's worse than reading a book beforehand because every red blooded American that follows Star Wars even halfway will know this too but I think one reason it conflicts with EP 4-6 is because we had so many surprises in those episodes. Darth Vader the father of Luke!? Princess Leia his sister!? For all those that are old enough to remember the film premieres of EP 5 & 6, those were huge shockers in the movie theaters! EP 1-3 have yet to come close to that! Even finally seeing Jabba the Hutt was a thrill ride! EP 1-3 ruins the Jabba mythos by making him comic relief in EP1 just like he was in the special edition of EP4. I'm not someone who spends time trying to figure out what is going to happen in a movie but in EP1 I could have told you that Anakin's mother's death would be a prime cause in his going to the darkside. Just seemed like a gimme in the prequel trilogy plot if EP1 bothered to even show her and Anakin as a kid. There haven't been a lot of surprises yet for me in EP 1-3 and maybe thats why I don't get the same kick I did watching EP 4-6 but I'm hoping EP 3 brings it all home! Jedi Council conspiracies, the Emperor's plots, I hope it all surprises me. Lucas doesn't have to stick with the books either, as a matter of fact, I hope he doesn't because the more surprises, the better the movie.

7. rayblueline

rayblueline Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003
    Stick, I couldn't have said it better myself, though I agree with solojones regarding casting. Gurland really did a good job picking these kids: Natalie's a proven quantity, and Hayden, when not being held down by Lucas' script, is amazing-- look at his revelation to Padme about killing the sand people, or the way he carries himself like Vader.

I am particularly receptive to your thoughts on EPI being largely useless in the scheme of things.

8. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    1. New Director

2. New Screenwriters

3. New actor to play Anakin(screw it replace them both)

4. Yoda trains Obi-Wan

5. Fix the love scenes

6. No Midi's(the force is mystical,)

7. No jar jar

8. Give Anakin a father (forget this Jesus birth)

9.No Chewi in Epi3

10. To sum it up, fix all the plot holes.

9. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    I will be much more kind then soem of the other people here. first lucas always intened to do 3 trilogys. and fetus is right lucas did a rush job fitting in the events of a st into ROTJ. but what is done is done.

second the actual topic I was in general very happy with TPM. it's a good story. the only things I would change is no qui gon jin. make obi the qui gon character. make anakin his padawan right from the start. thay can still go to tatooene. still have the pod racing everything. it would just be minor changes. it would mean removing shimi. but watto would still be there and so would jar jar. the love anakin and padmae can start earleier and be less forced. the fight with maul would be a little different but effectivly the same. and no funeral at the end. all this alows you to build on anakins and obi's friendship.

this requires only a few changes in AOTC mostly when refering to time. it allows for more time to develop anakins love for padmae. more real reasons to resent obi. because even that can be built into TPM. waht it really does is lets us rejoin anakin who we know already rather then to relearn who he is.

and it would leave the door open for mor drama and sadness for ep3.

as it is though I am happy. they are not the greatest films (pt) ever but they are incredibly complex. there is a lot of subtle things going on which when it's all over will be real cool to se from start to finish.

they will complement the ot in a nice way.

10. anakinsrightarm

anakinsrightarm Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    "4. Yoda trains Obi-Wan"

We don't know Obi Wan wasn't trained by Yoda....just because he wasn't HIS padawan doesn't mean he wasn't instructed by him. All of Yoda's "younglings" in Clones would theoretically all go off to be padawans for different masters.

11. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    I wouldn't change it.

12. Tatooine_Fireman

Tatooine_Fireman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2003
    First of all; I like both the OT and the PT.
    People make it their hobby to trash the PT, just because it isn't like the OT.

Would you like to see another lovetriangle? Or to see the same ships and planets and locations again? I know I don't.

GL does something completly different with the PT. On the VHS release of the OT in 2000, he says he shows us the galaxy in the PT. We see beautiful locations; Naboo, Kamino ao. We learn about things refered to in the OT; the senate, the workings of the Jedi order, and we get to see great battles; battle of Geonosis, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul, and the Podrace.

I like the idea of the PT showing how evil evolves. Others do as well, who doesn't want to see Anakin finally becomming Darth Vader?
    It's great to see how everything falls into place, how the PT evolves in the OT.

So, I wouldn't remake the PT. I admit the surprise is gone, but we get lots of great action in return.
    BTW, a remake wouldn't work either. The fans would be complaining GL doesn't come up with something knew, and that the PT would be a rip-off of the OT.

13. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    First off, this is not meant to be an EP 1-3 bashing thread.

Not to argue trivial points or derail this thread. But maybe you should think about that?
    Why would somebody want to change something? Because they don't like it. Who doesn't like the PT? The bashers. Who doesn't like the bashers? The gushers. This can't bode well.
    Maybe if you changed it to a 'What would you change about any of the SW films?' it would appear less biased? It would also keep more in the spirit of this forum as a saga-spanning one.
    Cause the OT sure as Hell isn't perfect either.
    You know. An honest thought.
    Now to contribute.

TPM
    I'd keep the original score first off all. That includes the original duel music and unchopped battle music.
    Touch up one or two effects shots.
    Add in the Jira/Probe Droid scene.
    I'd have Shmi's last lines to Anakin be more akin to her tone poem (don't look back before you leave... me)
    I'd change Naboo's name to Utapau as it was originally since the planet's first conception way back in the 70's drafts.
    Make Yoda CG or CG enhance him.
    Find a way to have the characters have their names spoken earlier in the movie.

QUI-GON: Captain.

CAPTAIN: Yes, Master Qui-Gon?

QUI-GON: Tell them we wish to board at once.

CAPTAIN: With all due respect, Viceroy Nute Gunray, the ambassadors wish to board immediately.

I believe everyone else was ok.

Add in a scene for those audience members who suffer from ADD where Qui-Gons takes the time to explain that the Force is just as mystical as ever and that the ^$&$& midi's aren't the Force, but rather counterparts to it.

AotC
    Give the battle the music it deserves -_-
    Keep in the extended landing on Naboo and the family scenes. Is ten minutes asking for too much? :p
    I like the theatrical cut of the confession better.
    I'll wait till I've seen Ep III to decide which cut of the arena battle I'd like.

ANH
    Spruce up the FX a bit more.
    I'd like a shot of the citizens of Alderaan seeing the death star in the sky before it fires.
    When Han runs into that room of stormies, have some of them be helmetless to reascertain the fact that they are clones.
    Put in the Imperial March somewhere.

ESB
    Same thing with the FX.
    CG enhance Yoda (it's my opinion dammit, and I'm entitled to it :b)
    Replace Emperor Bobo with Ian.
    I think a cool shot would be of a landing craft deploying another walker like in AotC.
    Have a scene where Yoda reiterates the fact that the midi's aren't the Force and have him beat Luke with his walking stick when he complains that the Force isn't fun no more.
    Somehow, I don't care how, but so,ehow have Leia shove her tongue into anybody else's mouth but Luke's. I don't care if she scams with a wandering Wampa! Hell, for a bit of a nudge to an earlier joke, have her kiss Chewie! But no brother!
    Have Derlin shout out 'Norm!' to a fellow jaunty rebel.
    Change 3PO's line to say 'We're trying to save Han from Boba Fett!' instead of bounty hunter. I don't care how mysterious he is. Fit in his name somewhere.
    Speaking of, the shot of him in Slave I, have him be helmetless and played by Tem. Only have his hair different or something.

RotJ
    Clean up the FX
    Keep the original unchoppified score.
    CG enhance the Ewoks, Jabba, Ackbar, Yoda and other prominant aliens.
    In an Endor celebration scene unconnected with the final shot of the three ghosts, have Qui-Gon and Mace appear as ghosts, turn, and smile at each other.
    Include Naboo in the end celebration.
    As sort of an anti-celebration, show the cloning centers on Kamino being shut down (without force).
    On the shot of the Coruscant celebration, have the pan end over the Jedi Temple (or whatever, if anything, is left of it after E3) with fireworks blazing above it.
    Add a line to Yoda's death. 'Remember... the midichlorians are not the Force... merely... proponents of the Force.'

I think that's it.

14. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    "We don't know Obi Wan wasn't trained by Yoda....just because he wasn't HIS padawan doesn't mean he wasn't instructed by him. All of Yoda's "younglings" in Clones would theoretically all go off to be padawans for different masters"

Where is it said in any of the episodes that this is true.This is a myth.

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Nope, this actually comes straight from the novelizations of The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones...Yoda trained Obi-Wan for approximately twelve years, before Qui-Gon took him on in a "one-to-one" Master/Padawan relationship. This is a pretty standard arrangement for the Jedi, from what it says in the books.

16. the-dork-knight

the-dork-knight Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2003
    Keep in mind folks, what George Lucas says only applies if it's spoken by a character, if he says it himself it's apocryphal, and unless things are specifically stated, they aren't true. Reading between the lines is strictly prohibited.

That said, I'd personally remove Qui-Gon and greatly enhance Obi-Wan's role, make him a full Jedi Knight. We could even keep him in the saga by making this Obi-Wan's first mission, the movie could possibly open with Qui-Gon making Obi-Wan a full Knight. Don't getta me wrongo, I positively love Qui-Gon (and I will follow Liam Neeson anywhere, he is an amazing actor). It's just that he seems to be an unnecessary character that muddies the relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin. I personally don't care a whit about the "Yoda instructed who?" business. He just doesn't add that much to the entire plotline and is largely forgotten after his death.

I'd also remove the virgin birth of Anakin. It's a bit much to swallow and, once again, it's not mentioned after the fact. I think it would've served the same purpose for Shmi to simply say "His father's dead." I'd even be willing to have her not remember the father. It works for me, but I bet Lucas didn't want his Chosen One to be born of an illicit liason. ;)

Really, those're my only gripe with the series so far, they're not even big ones. Qui-Gon adds to TPM, but I think he muddles the overall plotline a bit. I don't have a problem with the midichlorian business, it's really just saying that the Jedi have a way to measure the strength of the Force in an individual. Not really that earth-shaking. And Anakin's unique heritage is, as I said, never mentioned again. And I find all of the acting ranging from at least adequate (Portman at times) to exceptional (Lee and Ian anytime they step in frame). I also don't mind the dialog, cause let's face it, the OT dialog was pretty corny too. "I know. Somehow, I've always known." I personally love the PT, but I am smart enough to know what plot devices are a little hackneyed and when the lines are cringe-worthy.

17. Yodas_Walking_Stick

Sep 20, 2003
    "Not to argue trivial points or derail this thread. But maybe you should think about that? Why would somebody want to change something? Because they don't like it. Who doesn't like the PT? The bashers. Who doesn't like the bashers? The gushers. This can't bode well. Maybe if you changed it to a 'What would you change about any of the SW films?' it would appear less biased? It would also keep more in the spirit of this forum as a saga-spanning one. Cause the OT sure as Hell isn't perfect either.
    You know. An honest thought. Now to contribute."

Yeah you're right but I do think the OT was perfect. Or as about as close as you can get to a trilogy in which all 3 films captivate the hell out of you. LOL Lord of the Rings is the only sci-fi/fantasy trilogy since that I think has matched it. Had hope for The Matrix but Reloaded sort of blew.

18. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    And that's good for you. But as I myself demonstrated, people can and would change things in the OT, so I think making it a full saga question would be more beneficial and make this thread seem less like 'bashing light' if you get my drift.
    Basically, the way it is now, is like 'Well we all know the OT is perfect, so let's mess around with the PT.'
    It limits discussion and speaks for people.
    You're still allowed your views and all. I'm not trying to tell you what to think or anything. Just trying to help things be a bit more productive.

19. jariten

jariten Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2000
    "I'll be honest that I'm not happy with EP 1-3"

are you from the future? have you seen ep3 already? how can you know how the saga will work if youve yet to see it as Lucas intended?

"This is what I would do:

Episodes 1-3 would follow the same formula for Episodes 4-6"

This is what Lucas is doing already though, its just not screaming at you because he is still attempting to retain fresh/interesting elements in his story.

"EP 1-3 would be a shorter timespan just like EP 4-6. I like the formula already in place but I wouldn't cover such a broad period."

why? sorry, its hard to argue when you dont know the argument.

"I'd rather introduce the characters right off the bat to the audience and not have to watch Anakin the Kid in EP1."

I dont know what you mean, why isnt `anakin the kid` introduced "right off the bat" in episode one? cant kids be introduced or something? what are you talking about?

"Padme would be a little older."

but Palpatines scheme really reated on Padme being "young and naive", which is a situation that changes at the end when she resolves to go and kiss ass. this continues to Clones, where shes embroiled in galaxy changing votes and action. its development.

"I almost feel like Lucas changed EP2 to respond to his fans and the critics."

my own personal view on this kind of thinking is that its impossible to write 3 films which follow a tight arc without having some idea about where each character is going to go. his treatment for the movies wouldve included what happens to jar jar. I doubt Lucas let anything except his own imagination influence episode 2. we can only speculate of course.

"Does anyone feel like EP1 was a waste to the storyline?"

i dont, no.

"Most of the characters in EP1 are gone by EP2."

Like Anakin, Padme, Obi Wan, R2, CP0, the nemoidians, Palpatine, Sidoius, Bibble, Yoda and Mace you mean?

"The love story would be pretty simliar to Han and Leia's in the OT."

i think the main problem ive got with your rewrite is that you really seem to want to copy directly the OT, whereas i think that Lucas prefers to echo and hint at (to which i agree).

"the romance story in EP2 is because it was rushed and Lucas really didn't have much of an option."

well, but, its supposed to be a rushed, they-went-into-it-too-quickly kind of affair. the anakin/padme romance cant follow the han/leia romance because, wait for it, they are two different romances involving two different sets of people. hence theyre different.

"I would tie more of the Emperor's Machiavellian plans into EP1."

that was basically the centre of Phantom though, Palpatines behind the scenes plotting, it was much more powerful and relevant in 1 than 2 (i thought).

"I know this might be part of a surprise in EP3 but I really think all the characters should be tied into all 3 films as much as possible."

but Quis voice was in 2, which prepares the auidence for his probable entrance in 3. i like it when a director respects his audience enough to not have to beat them around the head about whats going on every 5 minutes. think of star wars like an intricate novel with recurring characters. or like 6 films. its up to you.

i would write more, but ive gotta get back to work. interesting post, anyway.

20. AUNTIE_JEDI

AUNTIE_JEDI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I'd change Natalie. She is very beautiful but too wooden and expressionless to play Padmé. And I don't like her nasal voice. Just listen to her in AOTC: "Chancellor, if I may comment, I do not believe the..." Sounds awful.

800th post!

21. Sebas

Sebas Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2003
    Okay:
    Episode 1:
    -Not have Lucas direct.
    -Not have Lucas write the actual script.
    -Jar Jar would not exist.
    -The Gungans would not exist.
    -Darth Maul would have a much more important role and screen time.
    -Not cast Natalie Portman: she's very wooden.
    -Not cast Ewan McGregor: He's decent, but wooden as well. I believe Ralph Fienns was auditioned. He would have been perfect, albeit a bit too old.
    -Not cast Samuel Jackson. I'm sorry, he just doesn't fit.
    -No sports commentaries in the pod race.
    -Not have R2 or C3P0 in the film at all. It's too convenient..
    -Tone down the very gay celebration at the end.

EPISODE II
    -Not have Lucas direct.
    -Not have Lucas write the actual script.
    -No 50's diner!!!!
    -Delete or shorten some scenes: Some love scenes and the Anakin's mom's funeral scene.
    -Show more of Anakin going bananas killing the tuskens.
    -Get rid of the gladitorial arena scene.
    -Made the clonetroopers stormtroopers from the start.

EPISODE III:
    -Not have Lucas direct or write the script.
    -Give it the look of the OT. (no sleek spaceships, please).
    -Have plenty of stortmtroopers, tie fighters, star destroyers, etc.
    -Make it dark, brooding and violent, kindo fo like TESB.
    -Show Vader
    -Show the destruction of the Jedi
    -Show Obi-Wan and Yoda fleeing
    -Show Death Star
    etc, etc, etc.

Anway, there are so many things that could been improved with episodes 1 and 2, that I could write for an hour...

22. QUEEN_LEIA

Jul 29, 2003
    Auntie_Jedi,

I would just switch the order.

I'd change HAydeN. He is very bad,he's too wooden and expressionless to play Anakin let alone Vader. And I don't like his whiny voice. Just listen to him in AOTC: "It doesn't have to be like that,we could keep it a secret" Sounds awful.

23. rayblueline

rayblueline Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2003
    Don't blame Hayden for terrible dialogue in an unconvincing storyline.

24. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    i thank my lucky stars that Queen leia and sebas are not in charge of the star Wars saga...

25. AL

AL Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 22, 1998

Apart from the usual non-mentioning of names in TPM like Nute Gunray, Mace Windu etc., I have no particular qualms with the first prequel. With the second one, I have heaps but I am not going to go into that.

However, I would like to have had a scene in TPM, just before Qui Gon and Obi Wan go outside to the balcony, where Qui Gon runs into Dooku. I don't know: I just think the entire trilogy would work much better if cuh an important character made a cameo appearance in the first flick, role that would later be expanded upon, similar to that of Mace Windu and Bail Organa.

As the two Jedi are going over to the balcony, Qui Gon senses something and stops Obi Wan in mid-speech. As he smiles he hears, off screen, a majestic voice: "Qui Gon Jinn!" Qui Gon replies with an ecstatic smile as he turns around, yelling: "Master!" The myterious voice is that of Count Dooku, a tall, slender Jedi, older than Jinn yet with an aura of sheer force (no pun intended) around him. The two embrace in a warm hug. Obi Wan is also smiling but slightly uncomfortable.

Count Dooku: So Master Jinn! I hear you have yourself another easy assignment.

Qui Gon: It's no Concord Dawn Master but it is taxing us and the Jedi Council all the same.

Count Dooku: So it is true, then?

Qui Gon: I am afraid so, Master. I can come to no conclusion but they are back to seek vengeance.

Dooku: The Sith! Everything is crumbling around us; these weakened pillars can no longer hold the great weight of the Rpublic. The Dark Side's filthy worms are crawling, consuming the galaxy from within.... But, the Sith?

(Count Dooku is briefly lost in thought. Qui Gon interrupts to break the tension)

Qui Gon: My Master! I would like to introduce you to Obi Wan Kenobi. The finest Jedi Knight since, well, since yourself My Master.

Count Dooku: I have heard so much about you young Kenobi. Your strict adherence to the Code is, well, examplary.

Obi Wan: Thank you, My Master.

Count Dooku: It was a delight to see see you again Qui Gon. Be wary of everything around you; this mission may well determine the fate of the galaxy.

They exchange a knowing glance, kind of the one between two old friends where no words can possibly express what the eyes are saying to each other.

Dooku: And Remember...

Qui Gon (interrupts and says in tandem with Dooku): Your focus determines your reality.

The three Jedi laugh.

As Dooku turns to leave, he gives Obi Wan an incisive look.

=====

Well that's the gist of it. If I were really writing it, obviously, I would spend some more time on it but you get the meaning. What do you guys think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.