main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit If you could return one EU work to canon...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Orman Tagge, May 27, 2015.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Takes Of The Jedi
    Dark Empire
    Darth Plagueis
    Kenobi

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Whatever would get Nom Anor into canon.

3. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    It's really hard to choose, for me, between Tales of the Jedi, Knights of the Old Republic and Dark Empire. I'm gonna have to go for Tales of the Jedi, but excluding Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire.

ArtSchmo and darklordoftech like this.
  4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Darth Plegiues
    LOE
    Dark Lords
    and that prequel book by Luceno.
    Those 4 Luceno books are awesome
    Shatterpoint

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  5. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    This is a really hard (and interesting) topic. There are so many that come to mind. Luckily, I tend to like the fringe books (like Scourge, Medstar duology, Shadow Games...) that don't affect the galaxy all that much so it's easy to see them as fitting into canon...

I suppose if I had to choose only one, it would be Yoda: Dark Rendezvous. One of my favorite SW novels and hands down the best/most interesting characterization of Dooku.

If we are talking comics, it would be Dark Times. Such a fantastic series. (Followed closely by Agent of the Empire...)

spicer likes this.
  6. ArtSchmo

ArtSchmo Jedi Padawan star 1

May 2, 2015
    This is REALLY, really hard. I'm conflicted between Knights of the Old Republic and Tales of the Jedi. Both of these stories I hold so very dear and close to my heart.
    In the end, though, I'd have to go with Knights of the Old Republic; it borrows from and makes numerous detailed references to Tales of the Jedi, and Tales of the Jedi - having come out a solid decade or so before KotOR itself - naturally does not reference the famed game series. That's the big deciding point for me. I just love both of them too much, and it would be a best-of-both-worlds solution to the problem without having to eliminate either of these epics completely.

Darth_Dreadwar likes this.
  7. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
    Unfortunately most of my EU favorites fall into the post ROTJ category and it was completely necessary to remove them. So for the sake of discussion I'll say give Darth Plagueis a special edition where you fix Maul's origin contradictions

8. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    The Entire NJO, TTT, and SotE

Abadacus likes this.
  9. Dartht Punk

Dartht Punk Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 17, 2014
    Dark Empire.

Without a doubt the closest thing to Lucas' ideas for Episode VII (he said so himself), and the only spin off I've ever come across that successfully continues and furthers the central Star Wars story, rather than repeating itself or going off on a tangent.

I love Dark Empire almost as much as the movies themselves, and I put it right alongside them as part of the story.

10. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    Would you want to see Dark Empire adapted in the ST (in a hypothetically perfect scenario)? Or just left alone?

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Dark Empire but not the other two.

Vthuil, Revanfan1 and darklordoftech like this.
  12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    changed my answer
    [​IMG]

Force Smuggler likes this.
  13. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

I agree. Nom Anor is a vicious bastard, but he's the kinda character Star Wars needs. For all of his cruelty and wickedness, he's a bit ambiguous and he serves himself. It's nice to see a non-Sith character who is constantly trying to get on top.

Cheerios4u98 and Force Smuggler like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    This. It was perfect. Still not convinced he died in TUF. Also was a coward but I truly enjoyed every time he was on screen. Not really sure why. Can't explain it. Just did.

15. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I think Nom Anor and Nil Spaar are chilling together somewhere.

16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Never did find out what happened to him. Just found the lost Star Destroyer didn't they?

17. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    he was ejected in an escape pod while in hyperspace

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Interestingly, given what was shown in Rebels (when the Phantom disconnected from the Ghost, it instantly burst out of hyperspace), it's thus possible that Spaar is alive somewhere. :p

19. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Personally, I always found the EU treatment of hyperspace to be counter-intuitive in a few respects, like the idea that you need the hyperdrive to transition out of hyperspace, as well as the whole premise underlying the interdictor cruiser which TCW seems to have done away with, i.e. that you cannot jump to hyperspace proximate to a large gravity well. It seems to be a safety feature if anything, and it doesn't make sense why, with the advent of these generators to trap fleets, the arms race reaction in warfare wasn't just to, y'know, turn it off.

Ewok Poet and Revanfan1 like this.