main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If YOU could talk to Anakin to stop him from his rampage...

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by HagentheSith, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HagentheSith

HagentheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2005
    Here we are...knowers of The Truth. We know what's going to happen on ROTS. We have the spoilers...we've been discussing Jedi/Sith for years now.

Let's put it all on the line here. If you were transported back in time to Anakin's world and time line...and you knew all there is to know about Palpatine/Sidious, the Jedi Order and its failings, Obi-Wan and Padme Amidala...how would you reason with Anakin to stop his rage and make him see the Light?

Don't even think of trying to outduel someone like Anakin with a lightsaber...he'd kill you in a matter of seconds. You have to reason with him using words, persuade him of the wrongness of what he believes and try to convince him where he goes wrong. What would you say to Anakin?

You know something...the most frightening thing I can think of...is nothing. I'm speechless. I wouldn't know WHAT to say to Anakin to prevent him from making the choices he ultimately does in ROTS.

Think about it:

1. Anakin has been a slave all his life. Obeying his mother...then the Jedi...but never making his own choice. How can you convince Anakin he's truly free if the Jedi mistrust him? Even his marriage to Padme is a secret...because revealing this would only put Anakin's life at the Jedi Council's mercy. If they expelled him...Anakin would have nothing.

2. Anakin was never allowed to return to Tattoonie on his own to save his mother. He learned much from Obi-Wan...but was always belittled for not following the Jedi Order "by the book". Anakin's feelings are very powerful, anger and rage constantly simmering beneath the surface. How can you convince Anakin he SHOULDN'T
    trust his feelings?

3. Anakin was never appreciated by the Jedi Order. Ever since his entrance thanks belatedly to Qui-Gon's deathbed plea of letting Obi-Wan train the boy...Anakin's remarkable abilities are never given full rein. His specialness was never acknowledged by the Council...even though they supposedly knew of "The Prophecy" about him.

4. Palpatine/Sidious is the only person who sees Anakin's importance. He feeds on Anakin's insecurities and shows him how special he is. How could you convince Anakin that Obi-Wan thinks of Anakin to be special as well? Considering Anakin's comment "He's holding me back! It's all his fault!"

5. How could you convince Anakin to let Padme go? He married her and loves her very much. Maybe too much. But what would you be able to say to him to let Anakin understand there are things he can't control and shouldn't...even IF he's given a glimpse that they can be controlled?

6. How could you convince Anakin that giving in to hate would only end up destroying his life. Knowing what we know about what happens in The Duel...how would you be able to scare Anakin into realizing there are things he still doesn't know about The Force and underestimating Obi-Wan's knowledge and experience?

Most of all...how would be able to show Anakin that he is loved?

Sadly...if I wzs confronted with this unique opportunity to try and reason with Anakin before he goes on his rampage...the only answer I can give is...there is nothing I can do to stop him. Even though I know The Truth. Can you do better?

2. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    I would just go back in time and prevent Lucas from making the craptacular prequels to begin with.

3. Get_in_Gear

Get_in_Gear Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 29, 2004
    Ani, don't go with Qui-Gon - stay working in Watto's shop. You may still be a slave in 20 years time, but at least the rest of the galaxy will be slaves with you, and at least you will still have all of your limbs intact...

4. Naberrie_SkyWalker

Naberrie_SkyWalker Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 30, 2002
    i wouldnt work on anakin...would leave that to padme and obi wan

I would go straight to the source...

called palps taking a nose dive about 20 years earlier.. :)

5. Grievous

Grievous Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 23, 2003
    HagentheSith interesting thread. I have a question, how old is Anakin in this thing? Is this at what part of what film?

6. NoCloneTheories

NoCloneTheories Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2003
    SLR -- would you go back in time to the point where you decided to join these forums, obtain a username, retrieve a password, sign in, and then after all that trouble just say the prequels suck, even as you are in a prequel forum?

And if I could talk to Anakin, I would say "Dude, your wife is hot."

7. Saurion-Fett

Saurion-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2001
    Anakin i am your father...........

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Actually, I think the only to stop Ani from turning would be to buy his mother's freedom. Seeing as she is the mother of the One, a special dispensation might be granted allowing her to live in the Temple while Anakin undergoes his training.

9. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Oh yea, you've got twins and they both came out looking just like me!

10. SithedMyPants

SithedMyPants Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2004
    "Dude- have you ever seen a lightsaber...oN WEED???"

That'll *ahem* bring him down.

11. deadjedi_willbe

deadjedi_willbe Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2003
    "Stop being a little *****."

* Error: Only 1 message post per minute is allowed.

12. Darth_Desolate

Darth_Desolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    I'd point down and say "shoes untied!" then zap him with a tazer and then take him to yoda so yoda can bring him back.

13. Doofy

Doofy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 20, 2003
    I'd kick him in the balls and run away - laughing!

After all, I am stronger in the force than that little b****.

14. Tower_Skywalker

Tower_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2005
    "you got room for a partner??"

15. HagentheSith

HagentheSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2005
    Actually, I think the only to stop Ani from turning would to buy his mother's freedom. Seeing as she is the mother of the One, a special dispensation might be granted allowing her to live in the Temple while Anakin undergoes his training

You know something...that was inspired. Why couldn't Qui-Gon have thought of this? But wait a minute...couldn't Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan used the Force to figure out where the hidden detonators were located in Shmi and Anakin's bodies?

16. MAVERICKSOLO

MAVERICKSOLO Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    Well first I would tell him get rid of Palpatine and his problems would be solved. Also I would tell him be patient your time will come. Also to love is to let go the more you control things the more they slip through your fingers. Love is like water let it flow. Also I would tell him even though you were born a slave does not mean you have to remain one. Stand tall and be proud of who and what you are. Never let anyone take you so low that you lose your faith,your hope and your charity.

17. indy_solo136

indy_solo136 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2004
    I'd show him the drawing from Obi-Wan's Jedi sketchbook calling him a poo-poo head.

18. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    SLR -- would you go back in time to the point where you decided to join these forums, obtain a username, retrieve a password, sign in, and then after all that trouble just say the prequels suck, even as you are in a prequel forum?

These forums aren't only for prequel lovers. Some of us enjoy talking about the saga still and how it went wrong. But I don't need to justify myself to someone that hasn't even been posting here as long as I have.

19. Wesyeed

Wesyeed Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 5, 2005
    ^Leave it alone..... Lets not go there.

Love those detonators. Anakin acts like it's nothing. I have a bomb inside of me! Wanna see!!

And If I could go back, I'd say, stay away from that Padme chick, she's wacko.

20. Grievous

Oct 23, 2003
    With the kind of things people are putting down, you would all be dead my Anakin's lightsaber by now.

21. Tower_Skywalker

Tower_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2005
    SLR. Not that I'm arguing with your point, but the part where you being registered b4 some1 makes u more justified and that alone enough reason to not defend urself...silly. He could know 20x more than u do about Star Wars. But a degress.

22. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Actually, I think the only to stop Ani from turning would to buy his mother's freedom. Seeing as she is the mother of the One, a special dispensation might be granted allowing her to live in the Temple while Anakin undergoes his training

You know something...that was inspired. Why couldn't Qui-Gon have thought of this? But wait a minute...couldn't Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan used the Force to figure out where the hidden detonators were located in Shmi and Anakin's bodies?

Actually, I think he did think of this. Remember that after the Pod race when Anakin learns that he is no longer a slave and will learn the Jedi arts, he asks if Shmi is comming with him. Qui-gon says "I tried to free your mother, but Watto wouldn't allow it." So he did think of it, he just didn't very hard to free her and it seems that Obi-wan didn't try at all.

23. Favs_the_Jedi

Favs_the_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 11, 2005
    I would just ask him what his mom would think it would be mucho touching

24. KaptainKaos

KaptainKaos Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2004
    I would say:

"Hey Anakin, Obi slept with your wife, he is really jealous and wants to kill you and run off with her"

25. Grievous

Oct 23, 2003
    I would tell Anakin if he comes with me I know of a way to save Padme from dying. I would go on to tell him that I know if he joins the dark side he will kill Padme. "Is this what you want for your family Anakin?" I would ask him. I would tell him that Palpatine is using him, and wants him to kill Padme and the jedi. I would also say "even if you turn to the dark side, your son will bring you back to the light." "Don't make a mistake, it's not to late Anakin.".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.