main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you could write your own 'infinities' storyline?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by virtualoctopus, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    What would it consist of?

The only guidelines I'd say to use would be that the point of departure from the story must take place during a film.

This topic could get interesting.....

2. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    after the scene in ROTJ where the stormtroopers lead luke away on endor.

i want to see Vader remembering his life....from his perspective...his point of view. and maybe some new revalations to why he followed Palpatine. Did he believe in a new order. Did he join sidious to destroy the sith from the inside. i guess i would like to see his intentions a bit more noble.

i guess this would be better for SW Tales than an Ifinities approach.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    About the chiss taking over the galaxy shortly after Endor.

4. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Anyone ever read the Age of Apocalypse series from X-men? If not, a quick recap - they took a point in the history, before the start of the comic run, and skewed everything, changing many of the situations and character roles within the universe. Good guys became bad, bad guys became good, and characters who would not usually associate were teammates.

I'd like to see something similar, where, depending on the event changed, many of the characters roles and the galactic situation are skewed.

Example:

Qui-Gonn Jinn defeats Darth Maul, but the Trade Federation win the Battle of Naboo. Queen Amidala, Panaka, security forces and Gunguns manage to escape and go underground. Qui-Gonn, along with his apprentice Anakin, and fellow Knight Obi-wan, unravel the Sith mystery. Darth Sidous confronted, exposed and killed.

Trade Federation become dominant power in the galaxy - legally. Amidala becomes head of Rebellion against the Trade Federation. Qui-Gonn, Obi-wan, and Anakin despatched to sort out the Rebellion. Jedi join Rebellion. Trade Federation begins a Jedi purge against the remaining Jedi. Many flee into hiding and join the Rebellion.

Flash forward to time of ANH:

Luke and Leia, Anakin and Padme's children are emerging as powerful Jedi and leaders in the Rebellion. Qui-Gonn, Obi-wan and Anakin are all Generals in the Rebellion, and Yoda and Mace Windu sit on the Rebel high command.

Han Solo and Wedge Antilles are high ranking officers in the Trade Federation military. Tarkin is a crimelord, {thanks to his career never getting the boost it needed from Palpatine). Chewbacca is his right-hand Wookie. Lando Calrissian is smuggler, working for Tarkin.

Just a working idea . . . sounds like the start of a fanfic to me :D ;)

//scuttles off to write it

5. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Star Wars: Infinities

On Earth: DHC's editorial staff meets; a strange new idea is suggested: An "alternate" Star Wars universe label, so that books can be published the lazy way, without bothering to fit them into continuity. It is immediately and unanymously vetoed. SW comic production proceeds without such idiocies. The end.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.