main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH AMERICA YOU MUST HATE IT"

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by thegreatyoda, Jul 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Making fun of the French because they come off as arrogant,pompous,snobby,condescending,and whimpy

wait...

so we're allowed to call Europeans these stuff but not Americans...

Where's the logic in that? :confused:

As soon I say that some Americans are arrogant and too patriotic the thread get closed, I get problems with mods and people.

But when some says something like that about the French I'm the only complaining...

That's very logical... [face_plain]

2. TeeBee

TeeBee Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    You have no idea what its like for a teenager that gets tormented daily

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Bet me!! I was bullied mercilessly all through school, right up to graduation. However, unlike some twisted folks out there, (including you?...yikes..) I NEVER considered taking my dad's gun to school and blowing them away. I knew better than to:

1) Steal from my dad.
    2) Kill people.
    3) Destroy and dishonor my family with such an atrocious act.

Seriously, most depressed teenagers WILL use a gun if its their for their disposal.

What study is that from? If that were the case, we'd be hearing about one a day.

Breasts aren't designed to kill

Yeah, but if they're big enough you could smother your tormentor to death. ;) ;)

Seriously, I understand what you are trying to say, Kaine, and sometimes it IS too easy for people to get hold of a gun (especially when Dad leaves the cabinet unlocked). But I don't like when the argument is only about the guns, or the video games, or the music, (which I do believe can add to desensitizing) and not the moral culpability of the kids themselves and their clueless parents.

3. BoboliFett

BoboliFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2002
    Darth_Omega,I wasn't saying that myself, I was just refering to what they made fun of on the show.

4. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Darth_Omega,I wasn't saying that myself, I was just refering to what they made fun of on the show.

oh well

so what was the original discussion about? I forgot :p

5. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    "thank you Clinton for focusing on your zipper"

Actually it was everybody else focusing on his zipper. If he could get head in peace like any other man, we wouldn't so much money on a stupid investigation. But I agree it was stupid of him to not get Bin Laden when we had the chance.

"It would be extremely difficult for them to get guns if they were illigal."

Yes, just like it's extremely difficult to get illegal drugs. Oh wait, no.

"Seriously, most depressed teenagers WILL use a gun if its their for their disposal."

I was teased and bullied alot in middle school. You know what I did? I didn't take the pussy way out and just shoot everybody then kill myself, no, I stood up for myself, unarmed, and fought for my honour. Anyone who'd use a gun on an unarmed person is a coward. If somebody's beating you up, you fight back, with your fists and feet and teeth. You don't shoot them. Anybody can pull a trigger. It takes balls to fight somebody hand to hand.

As for the subject at hand:

Authority must be questioned. Always. A power unable to stand up to criticism is unworthy of it's position.

6. Jedi_123

Jedi_123 Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2002
    Democrats support America bashing!

The Republicans wouldn't have it!

S_O_K, why support the EVIL Democrats?

All Hail The Republicans!

Elect Bush in 2004.

7. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    Politicians in general are evil. Not just democrats.

8. Red-Seven

Red-Seven Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 21, 1999
    (no message)

9. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    "Anybody can pull a trigger. It takes balls to fight somebody hand to hand."

Yes. Thank you.

10. JediLeiaSolo

JediLeiaSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2001
    I am going to try to steer this back on track to try to save the thread, as Bane has made his intentions known.

I am an American citizen, I've lived here most of my life, with the exception of one year. My father is a retired serviceman (Navy, 20 years). I would really love to be patriotic, but I just can't. I think Americans are decent people. I think a Canadian journalist wrote a story about how when a horrible disaster (such as earthquakes) happens, Americans are always chipping in with supplies and clothes and aid.

I hate our government, it doesn't work, and the only people who do seem to like it are those who are benefitting from whatever the opinion du jour is. I'm not planning on ever getting married or having kids, so I'll never get tax breaks, nor will I ever benefit from my tax dollars going to public schools. When I was unemployed, I was totally unable to collect unemployment. I'm part of a country that doesn't even believe people are entitled to health insurance, but will send money, food and other supplies to people they've never met. It's a strange paradox.

My biggest problem with America is this: everything seems to be breaking down into an Us vs. Them mentality. Look at these boards: Christian vs. Non-christian; Conservatives vs. Liberals; Europeans vs. Americans; Men vs. Women; Black vs. White; Northern US vs. Southern US; Rich vs. Poor. These are issues that have kept this country jumping from one foot to the other for so long that our government has become Big Businesses "Yes Men", and this divided focus has made it nearly impossible for this country to acheive the greatness that our forefathers had intended. People are so angry and confused about the other issues that elections are botched, terrorists were able to make a crippling strike against us, and kids are basically creating their own prison-like societies in the daytime prisons they're forced to attend. I think there's a way for it to get better, but I'm not sure anyone is really willing to work together to get it done.

Edit I'm not attempting to bash this country. I'm just stating my point of view, and tried to throw a few positive notes in there. If I had lived for any significant length of time in any other country, I would be able to criticize it as well. My main objective here is to get people to attempt to throw aside their differences and see each other as neighbor as opposed to "person with polar opposite opinon!"

All the best,
    JediLeiaSolo

11. BoboliFett

Mar 24, 2002
    "I am going to try to steer this back on track to try to save the thread, as Bane has made his intentions known."

How-on-gods-green-earth does anything in that post keep us on topic?

12. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    I was oppressed. Someone offered to fight me. I called him a honorless pig (in the Orwellian sense of the word) and told him I would deny him the pleasure of martyrdom.

13. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Going off topic again, hold onto your seats...

When i was a kid being bullied day in day out, with my mind set back then and being so young, i certainly didn't think any one of those bullies deserved to live. If i had a gun i wouldn't have hesitated. I can't help but feel that those are the thoughts of the youth of america that actually go through with it. Some of them are too small, too weak, and in some cases even just too timid to use their fists, like someone before said. I wish the american public would finally stop pussy-footing around the subject and actually do something constructive to stop the trend of school shootings.

14. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    "Some of them are too small, too weak, and in some cases even just too timid to use their fists, like someone before said."

And my sympathy goes out to those poor little murdering cowards. [face_plain]

Bullying has always been a problem. Most people deal with it and get on with their lives. Those who try to counter the problem with deadly force--well, which is worse; mocking someone, or shooting them dead?

15. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Which person is worse;

Person A: Actually TORMENTS a person to the point that he would actually WANT to kill someone.

Person B: Simply can't take anymore. Has no way out. Well, its off to the kitchen drawer for a knife to kill themself. Oh wait, theres dad's hunting rifle. Might as well take Person A with me.

Some of these kids are PERFECTLY good kids that wouldn't so much as even want to hurt another human, never mind kill one. Then along comes Person A and another 10 people like them. They make Person B's life a living hell.

16. BoboliFett

Mar 24, 2002
    Kaine, no offense, seriously I think you should consider going and getting some professional help. If you really believe what you are saying something is not right.

If you are saying these things to be absurd, then you also should consider going and getting some professional help. If you get somekind of pleasure saying the things you're saying something is not right.

17. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    And you know, if Person B would only fight back against Person A, then maybe--maybe--they'd have an excuse, though by no means a justifiable one. But Person B tends to shoot up various other persons unrelated to Person A, and in doing so they inevitably forfeit whatever moral high ground they may have attempted to claim.

"No way out," you say. Even if you feel incapable of standing up to someone (and in that regard, you're only as incapable as you want to be), there's still a life ahead of you, and while you still live, there's always--always--a chance that things will improve. If you instead choose to forfeit that life, you lose any chance you may have had at a better deal.

And if you decide that your best option is to take thirteen other people down with you, well, I hardly need to question the logic behind that.

I was bullied from third grade on through twelfth, and you know what? It didn't kill me. Today, I'm happy, successful, and very much alive, and most of the people I considered enemies in school have either grown up or wound up in jail or dead-end jobs. I fail to see how violence and death present a better outcome.

18. Sarajevo

Sarajevo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2002
    If you killed them it wouldn't be the guns fault. It would be yours and your dads. :)

19. JediLeiaSolo

JediLeiaSolo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2001
    BoboliFett:

Rather than talking about school violence (which has happened in Canada and Germany as well), I tried to talk about Disagreement with Policies.

My point, though badly phrased was basically:

I hate America, but I don't hate Americans.

All the best,
    JediLeiaSolo

20. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Kaine, no offense, seriously I think you should consider going and getting some professional help. If you really believe what you are saying something is not right.

I understand what hes saying, makes since to me. I don't agree with the kids attitude but I know how they feel.

If you are saying these things to be absurd, then you also should consider going and getting some professional help. If you get somekind of pleasure saying the things you're saying something is not right.

What's not right is kids are allowed to bully other kids around. I remember my bullies (alot of us in here were bullied wasn't we) never got into trouble. They'd beat me up, I try to get a way or because I fought back I was in much more trouble for helping flame the fire. What the?

I was told by one teacher once that a couple of my bullies had hard home lives and I should be ashamed for wanting them to be suspended, and or fighting back against them. Like it was my fault they were beating the living **** out of me everyday, the only thing I did was go to school, and because I was smaller than them I got my ass kicked. To tell you the truth if I had access to a handgun, I would have blown them all to hell and not thought twice about it. Was something wrong with me? Yeah, I was getting the hell beat out of me, don't know about you but I dont enjoy that. Did I think they deserve to die? As horrible of a death as possible. These kids were enfringing on my rights as a human being, and as our founding fathers did, I wanted to take arms against them.

FDR once gave a speech about four freedoms, Freedom of religion, and speech; Freedom from fear and want. These bullies were taking three of my four freedoms, they were taking my freedom of speech, I was too scared to talk in class; they were causing fear so there goes that freedom, you get the picture. What do people do against tyrants that hold them under their thumb? They fight them, with force if needs be, sometimes deadly force.

"No way out," you say. Even if you feel incapable of standing up to someone (and in that regard, you're only as incapable as you want to be)

You're pretty incapable when more than one attacks you, unless youre Bruce Lee, which I and most kids who are/were bullied, are not.

I personally feel it is justified if a kid shoots his bully (but only the bully). Someone explain the difference between shooting your bully or assassinating a tyrant (Like Saddam Hussein)

If schools want these kids to stop shooting kids, then they will start expelling bullies and making it safer for other kids to go to school.

Am I full of ****? Hell no, these kids took five years of my life, and I want them back. I did get a small thrill founding out one of my bullies died of a drug overdose about 3 years ago.

21. Saint_of_Killers

Feb 18, 2001
    Did you ever even try to fight back? No matter how small or weak you are, if you show you're not afraid to fight, most time bullies will back off. If they weren't cowards they wouldn't be picking on people who think are no threat to them.

22. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Did you ever even try to fight back? No matter how small or weak you are, if you show you're not afraid to fight, most time bullies will back off. If they weren't cowards they wouldn't be picking on people who think are no threat to them.

Me, yes I did try to fight back. I got a referal for it. Injured my shoulder and got kicked in the head, not to mention a black eye, bloody nose, and a busted lip. I did as good as I could against them, but considering I was one and they were 5, I got my ass kicked (probably would anyway, but thats not the point)

23. Ramius

Ramius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2002
    Jeeze, I guess it's a good thing you guys didn't have guns when you where in school.

As for the topic, I think there are much worse groups in America that have a much larger hate base than people who disagree with the government(Exampe=White power groups), so for those of you who have problems with the government, I wouldn't worry too much. The way I see it, it's just another type of political debate.

Also, if you tell a patriotic person to tone it down, I really doubt they'll listen to you. It would be like if you where laughing at something and I told you to stop because it isn't that funny. In the end, it's just a matter of opinions, which is what the U.S. is supposed to be all about.

Regarding the hypothetical conversation on page 1, I agree with person 2. I don't think any of our "increased security measures" are at all unnecessary.

EDIT: By the way, that sucks that you guys got beat up.

24. Lord Bane

Lord Bane Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 26, 1999
    One chance: either start a new thread about violence and youth and continue there, letting this thread get back on to its American diatribe, or the thread is locked.

25. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    As I said, I have only seen Americans bash another country after some non-american bashed America. Is that the way it happend, GAP? If someone said it to you I will assume thats the way it went.

Actually, no, that was not how it happend. It was an entire new thread. Ha. You seem to have a problem with me and I don't quite understand what it is. I make a response to your own reply and suddenly I'm the one trolling? Who's trying to upset who here? I didn't respond to your post with personal attacks.

And you are paranoid if you think that everyone is always bashing America. It's not true, nobody from America bashes another country unless bashed, not true. It's one of the main things that upsets people about Americans. Them always belittling other countries.

Now if you have some sort of Issue with me, please PM me or something, don't drag it out into the public, I haven't "bashed" America ever. I have voiced my dissagreement with some policies yes but that does not make me Anti American. Hell, I spend more time voicing my dissagreement with Israel's policy then the US's. I guess that makes me an anti-semite right?

Your proving the topic title, "if you don't agree with me then you must hate America."

[face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.