main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you fail...what happens?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by du365, Jul 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. du365

du365 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 2, 2003
    During the clone battle, Obi-wan threatens Anakin with expulsion from the Jedi order, if he doesn't do his job. Also, the council is very careful about exactly who takes the trials.

What happens to a padawan or Jedi when he is expelled?
    1) He goes to a special Jedi jail (presumably the guards aren't "weak minded".
    2) Does he promise not to use his powers or to train other Jedi?
    3) Is his memory erased so that he can't remember his Jedi training?
    4) Are the midichlorians stripped from his body or killed in some fashion?
    5) Do the midichlorians somehow prevent him from using his Jedi training?
    6) Is he put on probation and can return when they think he deserves another chance?
    7) Does he sell his talents to the highest bidder?
    8) If a spot is open, can he just turn to the Dark Side?
    9) Does the council even care?
    10) Are padawans given as many chances as necessary to pass the trials?

So many mysteries.

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    Jedi who wash out of the order (or who aren't chosen as Padawans by age 13) are sent to the Agricultural Corps.

3. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    Agricultural Corps.

What exactly is that? Is it a farm or some type of corporate jail.

4. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    They use the force to heal plants, and help them grow.

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, it's more or less a farm that supplies food supplies to most of the galaxy. It's located on the planet Bandomeer.

You can read more about it in the Jedi Apprentice novels, I believe. Obi-Wan actually was not chosen as a Padawan by the appointed time, so he was sent there, where he met Qui-Gon and came back to the Order.

6. du365

Jan 2, 2003
    Do they stay there for the rest of their lives or is it for a certain time.

7. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I actually don't know how long they stay there. You could check TFN's Completely Unofficial Star Wars Encyclopedia if you want.

8. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I thought I'd never see the day that Bib would say he didn't know something :eek: :p

9. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    My local library and bookstore don't carry the Jedi Apprentice books, except for #1, so I'm kinda stuck. :(

10. threepio_mania

threepio_mania Jedi Master star 3

Dec 15, 2002
    I'm thinking #10. I think the Jedi trials are like a driving test. If you don't pass you wait a little while and try again.

11. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    The crops? AHHH! That'd stink so badly! And we know Anakin though goes to the darkside so it's probably like number 7 and 8 :p

12. gator

gator Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 20, 2003
    Bib, I thought you were joking about the Agricultural Corps.

13. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Nope, it's true.

14. Knightstorme

Knightstorme Jedi Master star 3

Feb 23, 2003
    E.T. failed the trials and was sent there. Then got left here on Earth. Don't tell me you didn't know E.T. was a Jedi apprentice. How else could they fly through the air and heal dead plants.

15. JBRO_13

JBRO_13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    Dooku left the Jedi Order, and he just hung out for a few years...EU doesn't come into effect, folks.

16. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    He left, he wasn't chucked out.

17. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, the EU doesn't cover what exactly happened to the other Lost 19 after they left the Order.

18. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    When i imagined the lost 20 i never thought of them as evil, just kind of roguish like qui gon

19. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Do you think the lost 20 will be mention in Epi3 or sjust stay EU stock.

20. Mr_Sith

Mr_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 19, 2003
    I think they might be mentioned, but only like- "He was part of the Lost 20", and not go into detail and explain it.

21. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    I doubt they'll be mentioned, because it's really not relevant.

22. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Whoa, I get to tell this story twice today. :p

Yep, in the Jedi Apprentice series if you are not chosen as a Padawan by the age of 13, you go to the Agricultural Corps. I don't think it tells what happens once you get old.

Here's the summary of how Obi-Wan became Qui-Gon's apprentice, as seen in Timetales.

?Jedi Apprentice #1: The Rising Force.?
    Jedi student Obi-Wan Kenobi is just four weeks away from his 13th birthday.... and from losing his last chance to become a Jedi Knight. His only hope is that Master Qui-Gon Jinn will take him as a Padawan apprentice. However, when a jealous student named Bruck provokes Obi-Wan into a fight, the young man is forced off the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and shipped off to the planet Bandomeer to become a farmer. Yet, strangely enough, Qui-Gon is going there too on orders of the Supreme Chancellor.

En route to Bandomeer, Obi-Wan is beaten senseless by a Hutt. He learns later about Offworld Mining?s war with Arcona Harvest over the planet. When Arcona?s mining machines are sabotaged, Obi-Wan sets out to find the saboteur. With the aid of an Arcona named Si Treemba, he discovers that Offworld (in the form of Jemba and Grelb the Hutt) were the ones at fault. The transport they are all on is attacked by Togorian pirates, the two Jedi join forces to fight them off. The transport crash-lands on a water planet, and Jemba tries to force the Arcona to agree to serve him by stealing their life-essential dactyl. Obi-Wan wants very much to kill Jemba, but Qui-Gon forces him to realise how anger is overwhelming him. Qui-Gon takes back the dactyl, while Obi-Wan fights off an attack by dragons. Trying to kill the Jedi at the same time, Jemba and Grelb are killed. The ship is repaired, and the trip to Bandomeer completed.

When they arrive, they receive a note: ?I have been looking forward to this day.? A note written by a Dark Jedi named Xanatos - Qui-Gon?s first apprentice....
    (YOUNG ADULT NOVEL - Scholastic Books - Dave Wolverton - May 1999)

?Jedi Apprentice #2: The Dark Rival.?
    Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan learn the letter from the Supreme Chancellor bringing Qui-Gon to Bandomeer was faked - probably by Xanatos. Qui-Gon bundles Obi-Wan off to the farms, forbidding him to interfere in any way in his mission. Not long after, he learns that Xanatos himself is Offworld?s representative in a business meeting. A mine explosion alarms the people, but it turns out to be a natural disaster. Meanwhile, Obi-Wan discovers a secret Offworld base at the farms, as well as the logo of a broken circle - Xanatos?s facial scar. Qui-Gon, refusing to place his trust in the boy, shuts him out. Xanatos tries to sway the resentful Obi-Wan to his side, revealing his version of how Qui-Gon betrayed him.

The mine explosion reveals an unexpected bonus - ionite, a valuable mineral that can save Bandomeer from corporate takeover. Qui-Gon, on a hunch, infiltrates Offworld headquarters and learns that Xanatos is the owner of Offworld. He informs Yoda, who urges caution - and also urges Qui-Gon to use Obi-Wan?s aid. However, Obi-Wan has been captured by Xanatos and bundled off to work in an Offworld deep-sea mine. After a fight with the dark ex-pupil, Qui-Gon goes after Obi-Wan. Freeing him from the mine, he finally reveals the truth about Xanatos to Obi-Wan. They chase Xanatos into the ground mines, where they have to fight him in the dark. Xanatos rigs the mine to blow (as he did last time) and leaves the Jedi to die. Working together, they find the ion bomb Xanatos was going to use and defuse it. Qui-Gon finally yields to the inevitable, and accepts Obi-Wan as his Padawan Learner.
    (YOUNG ADULT NOVEL - Scholastic Books - Jude Watson - May 1999)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.