main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If you had a Time Machine, where/when would you travel to?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [image=http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/hypnotic_pattern.gif]

Pretend it's not physically impossible for a moment. :p

[image=http://robertjrgraham.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/time_travel.jpg]

If you had a Time Machine, where/when would you travel to?

[image=http://www.filedudes.com/images/screenshots/380193.jpg]

2. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    A week last Tuesday.

3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the year 156,324

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The year 1983, to my young self, where I would tell me to get a paper route and save every penny to then be used to invest in Microsoft when you are able to do so so I could retire a multimillionaire by the late 1990's.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    You could get a yacht.

anakinfansince1983 and MrZAP like this.
  6. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    But then you've got the whole paradox problem. If you get invest in Microsoft and retire young you'll never have any need to go back in time and tell your younger self to invest in Microsoft.

Personally I would avoid myself, and indeed avoid making any impact at all into the past or future. It's less messy that way. But I WOULD like to go to 1961 to see JFK's inauguration speech, just as a silent observer.

7. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    I would travel into the distant future and book a table at that restaurant at the end of the Universe.

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    If I were going to do that, then I would tell my self to invest in Apple as well....

9. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I have thought of this and infer to the multiple universe idea that some damned where I am happy as a result of my old self telling my younger self wtf is up.

Otherwise I would most certainly travel to say, 100 years in the future and see what's up.

10. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Even if it was possible I wouldn't because it's against my morals.

11. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
  12. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    I would go back in time to when Darth-Ghost is in womb. Probably early second trimester.
    Then I would push his mom down a flight of stairs. Hence aborting him and this thread.
    :-B

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  13. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    "19 Century for me. As one of Napoleon's Generals. The chance to march across Europe and slaughter Belgians!"
    "If I could go anywhere, truly anywhere, in all of Time, I'd go back to a week ago last Thursday."
    "WHY?"
    "Don't you remember? We finished the laundry, and spent the rest of the evening watching TV. We won't see the likes of those days again."

--Gotta love the conversations in Red Dwarf.

14. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Can my time machine be a TARDIS? Because I'd like to go back to the 1970s and 80s and buy a lot of neat toys and comics and such, and I could use the room.

15. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    Let's kill Hitler!

16. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    Hmmmmm...Middle Ages.

17. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    I'd honestly just prefer the psychic paper.:p

18. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    I would get old biff's sports almanac and then go to the past and bet on the sports.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I would have to know which rules apply.

1. Grandfather paradox where I was always "meant" to go back in time.

2. I would screw up the timeline by merely traveling backward.

3. I am not only traveling back in time but to a parallel universe. (Makes the most sense to me because it eliminates the paradoxes.)

4. I can travel only forward in time and the universe is in an endless cycle of nearly identical creation/destruction so I can get back to Leela.

20. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I'd go back to the summer of 1971, and have a talk (in a disguise, naturally) with my father, telling him to buy/renew Laker season tickets. I get back to the present day, and bam!, the Tunick's are courtside season ticket holders.

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

21. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I'd go back just a few years with a couple thousand dollars. Bet on a few sports games, invest in a few up and coming businesses(Netflix, etc.), let that grow for a couple of years, collect the interest, then bring that extra money back and do it again, eventually building a small fortune. I could then open accounts in my own name without arousing suspicion, since I look about the same age, and start investing even more. Next stop would be about ten years into the future, to give myself the account information. Around that time it should have grown quite a bit. Then I'll buy a ton of gold, travel hundreds of thousands of years into the past, and bury it all. Then, I'll start leaving clues as to the whereabouts of this gold throughout time. Cave paintings, egyptian hieroglyphics, Mayan calendars, etc. The legend of my vast fortune will permeate the entirety of human history! It will consume people. People will lose their entire lives looking for it. Loads of people will be killed, men will lose their fortunes, the whole nine yards. Then, when that fateful day comes when someone does find it, I'll be there, sitting in the middle of a huge room made of gold on a throne made of gold, and I'll tell them that no one will ever believe them, throw them a single gold coin from the stash, and zap out of there with the rest of the gold. Then, I dunno, I'd go and donate it all to charity or something.

22. MrZAP

Jun 2, 2007
    Or you could plant it into non-existent deposits in the Rocky Mountains are literally make history![face_dancing]

...No?

23. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Nah. That doesn't sound like fun at all.

Oh, I'd also get a mosquito, let it suck some of my blood, cover it in amber, and bury in the ground a million years ago. Scientists would be like, "whaaaaaat".

24. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    I always kind of wanted to meet people like Archimedes, da Vinci, and Tesla.

That said, as far as picking a time period to live in, I would probably go with mid-1700's Europe just for the music. :p And the tights, of course.

25. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Don't forget the the Black Death...and influenza, smallpox, dysentery and typhus, etc.