main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If you had a Time Machine, where/when would you travel to?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Mar 15, 2012.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I'm sure my future self would come back to warn me to pick someone else. Besides I can always time travel back after our adventures are done and leave them there for the aliens to save again.

2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Not if you blink out of existence the moment you take your travel buddy because your parents never existed.

3. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    But I would know to do it or not because my future self and his/her future self would arrive to leave him/her there for the aliens.

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    How many of you are there?

5. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Well generally I wouldn't take someone forward in time or with me until my future self showed up to say 'its safe' if that doesn't happen I do not do it.

Also would wait for future self to come to me before any time travel mission to let me know if it'll go alright.

6. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Well, I woudn't try to go back to, say, 1930 and put a bullet through Hitler's brain, or to Dealy Plaza and shout, "Jack, look out!" Those would cause massive breaks in the space/time continuum and who knows where that would lead. There is one thing I would do, though, that I figure wouldn't cause a big, temporal hassle.

I'd bring along some sort of audio/video recording equipment and as much recording media as I could get my hands on. Then, I'd go back and get good copies of all the movies, TV shows and radio programs that have been lost over the decades. Then, I'd return to the present day and hand them all off to the Paley Center for Media. "Captain Video", Ernie Kovacs, "I Love a Mystery", Peter Cook & Dudley Moore, "Doctor Who", "One Man's Family"...and those are just the one's I can come up with off the top of my head.

And, while I'd be tempted to have a talk with my earlier self ("Don't get frantic, they'll run 'Battlestar Galactica' again."), I'll stay as far away from me as I can. Blinovitch Limitation Effect, you know.

7. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
  8. cipe

cipe Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 2, 2012
    Moments before I came to this place for the first time, so that I could destroy my computer.

9. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    I would like to travel back to Sumeria to see what is the truth about the annunaki were they as many say aliens or merely powerful kings and princes. It's a mystery worth exploring.

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, good choice.

I think I'd also go to 1968 the day before MLK was killed and tell him about Obama. Tell him his dream came true.

11. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    [​IMG]

12. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    I would go 10 years back and finish some unfinished business.

13. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I'd go back to 1791 and stop Salieri from killing Mozart. ;)

14. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The answer probably changes by the day and the mood I'm in, but right now, I'm feeling like Woodstock would be awesome to go back in time and experience.

Who knows? Maybe somebody did go back in time and tell him?

15. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    I'd go back to Ancient Greece and hang around with Alexander the Great and his army. Just to be there and watch what happens. Then maybe go to Jerusalem circa 33 AD and see what really happened to a certain Jewish rabble rouser.

16. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I guess I'll see you there since that is one of my destinations too.

17. Jeff McKissock

Jeff McKissock Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 11, 2012
    Awesomeness :D

18. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    431 AD, 451 AD, 1054 AD and 1517 AD.

19. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    AD 1054 wouldn't do any good . . .

You'd have to go back to AD 863 and smack Photios in order to prevent the Greek Schism. Also, preventing the sack of Constantinople in AD 1204 would probably be better to prevent the Greek Schism. The excommunication of Humbert and Cerularius by each other is really quite minor in the history of the Schism. Honestly, assassinating Mark of Ephesus in AD 1439 may have been enough to end the Greek Schism. Of course, that might not solve the problem of Western Europeans failing to come to the aid of the Byzantine Empire in defense against the Turks. The Turkish occupation is essentially what sealed that schism. Union was signed twice, once at Lyons, and again at Florence, although neither official signing "stuck".

And for the others, you wouldn't solve the inherent political, ethnic, and linguistic issues that caused the Assyrian Schism, the Miaphysite Schism, or the Protestant Revolt.

20. Darth_Maestro

Darth_Maestro Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2005
    One can dream can't day?[face_blush]

But yes, I agree each one of those breaks are much more complicated than just simply removing one individual from the equation. As for the Greek Schism, I was thinking of putting 1204 instead of 1054, but then I just keep thinking of what a jerk Cardinal Humbert was in Constantinople. Could have saved us some trouble.

21. Anime_Jedi

Anime_Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 12, 2007
    I would go to the point time where everything is about to end. That or go back to early 90s I miss the early 90s sometimes.

22. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Right now, I'd go back in time to the minute the NHL decided to hire Gary Bettman and give everyone one a good kick in the balls.

Oh, and then I'd go to 1980 so I could see the Miracle on Ice.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. Asterix_of_Gaul

Asterix_of_Gaul Jedi Master star 5

Sep 13, 2007
  24. Juliet316

Juliet316 37X Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    The city or the planet?;)

25. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    I would go back in time and frame Charles Manson for murder.