main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If you had a Time Machine, where/when would you travel to?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I'd go back ten years...and fix a whole ton of crap.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    [face_laugh]

3. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Really? You necro'd this thread to laugh at that post? You, of all people?

Aren't you the user formerly known as Summer Dreamer?

4. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I would go back to 13th century England and kill the king and take his place. Then I would stay there and rebuild the country and introduce ideas and new technology and architecture that would allow England to become the strongest country long before Elizabeth. Of course after a few years I would go forward in time and name myself King again and make sure the ideas and technology I brought back are furthered along. I would have a person rule in my name until I come back again in the future. Hop along thru the past into the future for a few centuries making sure all I envisioned comes true. Kinda like a giant game of Civilization.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    If I went back too far I'd probably be burned at the stake as a witch.

Or at least the Really Old Dudes in Robes would try.

Life lesson learned from movies: take plenty of plutonium with you and try not to let the Delorean get shot by a bow and arrow.

Because the expression on the faces of 16th-century European religious leaders upon hearing a woman say "Let's see if you *******s can do 90" and disappear in a Delorean, would be well worth the price of time travel.

6. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    I'd bring a female doctor with me to really screw with the idiots that think women are inferior.

7. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    My suggestion Beez. Use that time machine to go back and pick a better roommate.

8. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

Which king?

9. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Whomever was there at the time. Wouldn't be hard. Just bring back a gun with lots of ammunition so you can kill him at point blank range and anyone that won't go along.

10. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Why England?

11. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you're scary, beez.

12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

you do understand that a gun doesnt grant you invulnerability from bows, right? or a guy who snuck up on you with a knife. or tackled you. and so on

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    also, i think even in this crazy hypothetical time travel scenario i would find it hard to murder someone.

14. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    How else would be become King. They didn't have elections so you couldn't really rig and election. Of course you could claim to be the former King's rightful heir. Challenge them to a duel but you got to shoot them. I mean really what's the possibility of becoming a good swordsman. Oh and I don't know old French or Old Spanish. So English I would have a chance.

Although I would make sure to find a King that everyone hates so taking his place would be easy on the population.

Do your history and find out who everyone is and how much of a pain in the ass they would be. Find out which ones could be bought off and go from there. Not very hard.

15. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm terrible with history. how many english kings were random foreigners who got there by murdering the last king?

JoinTheSchwarz and Rogue_Ten like this.
  16. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    You obviously never had sat down and read the entire book of Timeline.

17. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

well, i was trying to address the practical rather than the moral side of things. wanted to keep it simple

tom likes this.
  18. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    you are correct. i never have sit down and do that. please elaborate. what kind of warm roast beef sandwich is it like?

19. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    tom you'll notice he's arguing with you and didnt even touch mine. so straightforward even a beezel cant deny it

tom likes this.
  20. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Its a semi bad film about time travel but the book is long cause it goes into detail about the French society back then. It gets really boring.

21. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    oh well yes, your "murder the king of england and take his place" plan now makes perfect sense in this context.

JoinTheSchwarz and Havac like this.
  22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I looked for an excuse to go back in time and bump this thread, and that one was perfect!

23. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    If I end up doing it Tom I will make sure to name a town in your honor. And thus it will become a large city by now.

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    I'd go back and warn my step father and brother of the cancer that claimed both of their lives. I would fix it so that the events of June of 1997 through April of 1999 didn't happen, but make sure that certain aspect still do. I would make sure that my mom didn't injure herself in 1994. I would change one key event that had become a defining point in my family. I don't wish to go into details about that, but suffice to say, it is something that didn't need to happen. I wouldn't go back and change history since that's a whole can of worms not worth dealing with. I'd just keep it simple.

Then there's the more mundane, less important ideas, but I'd just do it anyway. I'd go back and set things up so that I could win the lottery in the past. Meaning, I'd claim it in the early 80's. I'd use a portion of the funds for the purposes of giving myself things that I didn't have growing up. Certain comics, video games and action figures. With the last one, some of it being from that time period, some from later on. The rest of the funds would be given to my family to divide up at a later point. Preferably after April of 99.

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Beezel, I think your plan might work much better in the 16th century. After all, I think you can really sympathize with a King who divorced his wife, disowned a daughter for several years, executed a close friend and advisor, opened a schism with the Catholic Church that would go on to leave thousands dead both sides and must have spent well in excess of 14,000 pounds all in trying to marry his almost-girlfriend.