main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC If you had a Time Machine, where/when would you travel to?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Mar 15, 2012.

1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    My capital will now be named in your honor. Tom you will be lucky to get anything. Its a good thing your name isn't John.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002

u forgot "had like 3 of his wives killed"

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Well, to my knowledge, only Anne Boleyn did the whole "refuse to have sex with him" thing, so I tried to limit myself to fallout from that first attempted pairing.

4. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Wait, how do you know I didn't go back in time.

5. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    To the time my sister was alive to prevent the accident.

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  6. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    We know, beezel. We know.

If you ever try, though, the most important thing to know beforehand is how to turn a spit.

7. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    I've been asked this question many times, and my answers are usually the same. I'd be tempted to seek out my father in the past, and make him realize how him leaving before my birth would hurt Mom, and later me. I'd also want to visit myself in February of 2001, to give myself the courage to tell the woman I love how I felt then, before we both went down the wrong path. I'd also want to see my Grandma again, a few days before she died last year; the last time we spoke was a few weeks earlier.

Of course, all those choices would come with terrible risks as well, for me and many others. I'd be afraid of causing even worse things to happen.

8. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I would have prevented a number of bodily injuries in the family. And I would have given myself a childhood pep talk of the destiny altering kind, the way they do in the movies.

9. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    I would travel back to 2011 to tell myself to not go to culinary school,but enter a four year college for archeology.

10. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    You guys are wimps trying to change your past to try and make it better. I say change the past by making your future better. Ok sure you don't have all the gadgets and the conveniences. But you would have the power to change it all for you. Its good to be the King. Although I would definitely have to create the conditions that make America cause I do need a timeline that I can come home to or still exist.

11. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    Doesn't Culinary school have better job prospects?

12. LifeInTechnicolor

LifeInTechnicolor Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably, but I could've saved a year of school. I should've listened to my heart instead of what gets you a steadier job.

13. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Since this thread has been revived, I'll add a couple of things.

I'd also be tempted to advise members of my family against some bad decisions they'd make, but I wouldn't do it. The problem is, some of those bad decisions had good results in the end (like, say, my grand nephews). I don't think I'd be smart enough to adjust the timeline to ease the bad, yet keep the good.

However, there are some things I'd do that I don't think would damage things. Like see a William Castle movie in a theater equipped with the needed gimmicks (like the wired seats for "The Tingler"). Or see "Day of the Doctor" with other Whovians, just to witness them cheer when the Curator meets Matt Smith in the gallery.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    To just before I made the ill-fated decision to open this thread.

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Some occurrences are fixed points in time, Iggy, thus you may not be able to fix that.

16. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    All occurrences are fixed points in time.

17. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    Unless you're Time Lord Victorious, or Leonard McCoy, or Sam Beckett...

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Judgment Day.

19. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thirty years ago would be a nice round number, and I would really like to relive the summer of 1984.

20. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I'll see your summer of 1984 and raise you the summer of 2010....that was a good summer for me.

Edit: I'd also make far more efforts to insult the now 20-30 somethings who think their experiences with drugs and pseudo-anarchistic lifestyles give them the right to be so goddamn condescending. **** you a thousand times over. You're a child. You know who you are...and you're a ******* child.

MrZAP and Violent Violet Menace like this.