main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If you had the whole of LucasFilm and ILM and PT actors at your disposal...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by ClonedHan, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClonedHan

ClonedHan Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2004
    ...what would YOU have done to the OT (the theatrical version) -
    a) improve effects
    b) imporve the story
    c) integrate with PT

..that already has NOT been done by Lucas in these 2 new special editions....

2. rockbehemoth

rockbehemoth Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2004
    Other than removing the Ewok scenes, I wouldn't change anything.
    The OT is perfect in its perfections.

3. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    a) improve effects

All i can think of right now are the lightsabers, the rest holds up perfectly against the PT now that the dvd versions are out.

The Emperors slugs too

b) improve the story

Nothing, both OT/PT version are perfect as they are

c) integrate with PT

Nothing, the Hayden/Palpatine/Jango changes were all very good and have fixed all that was wrong (well, Palpy fixed what was wrong. Hayden & Jango just perfected what was already perfect even more)

4. Sanctuary_Moon

Sanctuary_Moon Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2004
    c) integrate with PT

Why can't the PT integrate with the OT?:confused:

5. The_Nameless_One

The_Nameless_One Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    It already has ;)

6. DavidBowman

DavidBowman Jedi Youngling

Nov 5, 2004
    Well first of all, I wouldn't let anyone leave the building until they restored the original Star Wars Trilogy.
    Then I'd have them put the three films on their respective discs of the official DVD set and all produced sets from there on out would contain both editions to choose from.
    Then I'd issue a world wide recal offer for people who already purchased the set to mail it in and we'll send them a replacment containing the new DVDs.

:D

But alas I'm just a fanboy...

7. Ker-Soth

Ker-Soth Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    More troops on Endor. It's about time we actually saw two of the Emperor's best legions.

Fix up Ben's saber in the ANH duel so the blade won't shake around that much.

More X-Wings in ANH.Just for the spectacle.

More ships in the battle above Endor and extend the scene a lot.

Lukes face when he learns that Vader is his father "NOOOOOOoooooooo........"

Ben's blade from blue to white.

Atmoshperic entry scene for Dagobah.

Capital ships that actually brake to pieces and do not just disappear into a big blast.

8. ahvetm

ahvetm Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2004
    I would have changed the Rancor scene in ROTJ with cg. It is a bit to easy to spot the blue screen method in use - too much difference in lighting and stuff, especially when the two crying guards approach the slain animal...

Erik, Denmark

btw... don't know if it has been done on the new DVDs... haven't seen them... yet!

9. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    Leia would be lactose intolerent with a major blue milk drinking problem. Chewie would be a cross dresser and have terret syndrom. Luke would be a midget with a serious qyalude problem. Han would have have two false arms and a glass eye with a fish in it. Vader would make the OK sign with one hand and insert his other hands finger into the hole of the OK, and force butt screw anyone who got on his nerves. R2D2 would be chronic cigerette somking, universal sex slave robot that despensed cola and condoms. C3PO would sound and act like Christopher Walken. Obi Wan would have a studder with a lisp and he would always be biting his toenails when sitting down. Yoda would be like golum and always arguing with himself and talking to thin air, and he would pee on himself every 5 minutes or so.

10. HandofSkywalker86

HandofSkywalker86 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2004
    Well I would have the fights from the OT incorporate more force powers. I might also make the combatants seem as if they are moving faster than normal.

Change the Rancor scene to CGI and have Luke use offensive force powers against it.

Make the Ewoks into a more fearsome species. Make the Stormies really good.

I love the OT but those are the things I would change.

Hand

11. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    a) improve effects

Hmm...perhaps some. Maybe ones that were really obvious like the white sabers and boxes around ships.

b) imporve the story

Nothing wrong with the story.

c) integrate with PT

Integrate with the PT? Nah...you mean, integrate the PT with the OT. And considering the fact that I would have Lucasfilm and all the PT actors, I would go back and remake the ENTIRE PT so that it does fit with the OT.

12. Loco_for_Lucas

Loco_for_Lucas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 15, 2002
    If you had the whole of LucasFilm and ILM and PT actors at your disposal...

Fire everyone and make Natalie Portman my own personal concubine...er...I mean assistant. :p

13. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    The only thing that's really starting to annoy me as I watch between PT and OT is the stormtroopers. In the PT, the clone troopes kick butt. They are highly skilled and quite dangerous. If you watched the Clone Wars cartoons, we get to see how even more effective and intelligent they were. It just seems problematic to show them as that powerful when stormtroopers of the OT can't even shoot people five feet away. But I guess I can let it go.

...I would just show a few more effects here and there, I guess. More ships breaking up in the final battle over Endor, and definitely reworking that rancor scene. Most of what I'd do is just clean stuff up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.