main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit If you had to design a non-darksider/Imperial enemy in the new canon...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Still waiting for the next update. [face_whistling]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  2. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Interesting...when I meant a revived Pisu Dea, I didn't some of their ancient ships popping out in the modern time or something, just that their beliefs existenced on the fringe after their war, and started to do well under the empire which had similar human supremacist beliefs, and just becoming increasing militant in the wake of the empire's fall and the rise of a new republic more opposed their beliefs.

AusStig likes this.
  3. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    They don't have to wipe the Jedi out though. Just provide a credible threat to them.

vncredleader and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Why would they be the anti-Force? Do they have problems with other religions?

5. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    These people use this power that not everyone can use...what it to keep them from simply using this power to dominate everyone else.

Possibly even have them hunting down and killing Force sensitive children as a threat.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So what about the species that have powers your species don't have? Are they to be hunted down also?

7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I wonder if we'll see a new version of the Yuuzhan Vong. Perhaps a smaller force, and from the Unknown Regions or satellite galaxies this time.

After taking away their more wacky elements that likely wouldn't make it into the new canon (outside the Force, organic-only technology), they are basically:
    sadistic zealots who embrace transhumanism.

8. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Not transhumanism, bodily mutilation to get closer to their gods.

9. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    A lot of their mutilation is based on transhumanism... lots of implants and other forms of self-improvement.

The rest is just scarring/tattoos/piercings, normal body art we already have here on Earth.

10. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    transyuuzhanism*

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The cultural shift happened 25,000 years before the movies. I'd bet the Infinite Empire and the uprisings against it played a role.

12. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016

Anti Jedi sentiment was a thing in Legends and was implied to exist all the way to Legacy.

13. Jedi Princess

Jedi Princess Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2014
    Not necessarily. The Galactic Republic is only about a thousand years old at the time of its descent into Empire and even it was not truly "galactic" as large sections of the galaxy do not answer to its governance. We don't know how large the Old Republic was: it could have started as a Republic of Core Worlds, expanding and contracting over time as it faces various crises and conflicts.

Gamiel likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    I was talking about in Legends. Are you talking about Legends, Canon, or both?

15. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Oh, my bad. I was talking about the canon, given the title of the thread. Or more accurately, my speculation based on canon. Haha, sometimes I lose track of the conversation.

darklordoftech likes this.
  16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe the Republic was a "perfect magic kingdom" until the Sith started planting the seeds of corruption in it.

17. Snax Rebo

Snax Rebo Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2017
    From what we know about the galaxy and people in general, I highly doubt that.

Maybe blaming the Sith for everything is the GFFA's "Thanks, Obama".

Thanks, Sith.

Ghost likes this.
  18. Jedi Princess

Mar 25, 2014
    Don't discount a thousand years of relative galactic peace. "Perfect magic kingdom" might be overstating it, but that is still an incredible feat in a galaxy known primarily as, well, the Star Wars galaxy.

jSarek and Gamiel like this.
  19. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Both TCW and Rebels have mentioned an older Republic.

Ulicus likes this.
  20. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Yes, it was kind of weird at the time to hear TCW characters talking about the Old Republic as though it were a separate entity but I quite like it, now.

Vthuil, Revanfan1, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  21. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Like others have pointed out I can clearly see some kind of political/militant group coming to power blaming all of the GFFA's problems on Force Users. Light, Dark, Grey, doesn't matter. All Force Users get hunted down forcing them to unite for the greater good. With some "muggles" helping the Force users.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But why would they do that? Beside the Clone wars so can people not point to any Jedi vs. Sith conflict in a thousend of years, and to must people it was probably more of a Separatists vs. Republic conflict with some Jedi and Sith involved. And the Republic had not known any real war for a thousand of years. The parts of the galaxy that don't look upon the Jedi with religious/philosophical respect probably only think of them as the Republics top (or glorified) diplomats and marshals.
    When it comes to the Empire vs. the Rebellion: the Force users did probobly not have main stage in the peoples mind, and how many did know that Palpatine was a Sith?

23. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Many groups have scapegoated other groups to seize power. An example was the Anti-Freemason Party or the Anti-Catholic know nothing movement.

darklordoftech likes this.
  24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Perhaps an actual Jedi on Jedi schism what LOTF ought to have been, with legit arguments on both sides, not as much action but philosophical debate, politicking and familial tension. With maybe action exploding at the end.

Darth Basin likes this.
  25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Criminal empire Tyber Zann, type thing. Not interested in ruling the galaxy, but causing trouble. Pisu Dea beliefs coming back in full force (maybe due to the rise of non-humans in the post Empire galaxy) would be very interesting (and political). Could be a very good story, how do you kill an idea?